Chapter 01

Invisible [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a matter of three seconds from now, Soomin was close to throwing the desk at none other than the noisy 188 centimeter giant in the name of Park Chanyeol, who was banging his drumsticks at the edge of the counter for hours. This was one of the many reasons she didn’t question why her best friend, Baekhyun were good friends with the tower.

 

The noise didn’t stop. In fact he even started tapping faster with a good beat along. Soomin would’ve appreciated it because she loved good beats and Chanyeol was a pretty good drummer but she was trying to add some words on her unfinished song.

 

Soomin dropped her pen loudly on the table and darted a glare at the wide-eyed tower, “Chanyeol, I swear to god I’m going to shove those sticks in your throat if you don’t stop.”

 

“What? It was a pretty sick beat, admit it.” He shrugged but Soomin just kept looking at him as if she was close to choking him if he tries to tap those sticks again, “Alright, I’m stopping. Geez, you’re so worked up today,”

 

Chanyeol had noticed that Soomin has been cranky and really got her self worked up all day. The two shared a full eight-hour shift every Saturday at the music shop, which Baekhyun inherited from his father. It wasn’t a big music shop but they sure had many branches. Byun’s Music Store had been standing for a good decade now and they’ve been sponsoring a lot of musicals and bands, rookies around town for years now.

 

“I have a deadline okay? I need to pass my demo by Monday, you dolt,” She replied going back to work and looking down on her old notebook that contained all the songs she wrote. Some pages had turned yellow, some pages looked like scratch paper from all her doodles whenever she was out of words to write and some pages had tissue paper taped on it—which had lyrics too. It was a very old notebook and she had many of that in her apartment.

 

“Soo, your lyrics have always been great. I don’t see why you have to work too hard for it,” Chanyeol had always been one of Soomin’s biggest fans whenever it came to music. He won’t deny it. The girl was too talented. Too bad she thinks little of herself most of the time no matter how many compliments he throws at her face.

 

“It’s not that Chanyeol. The last demo I submitted, only one track made it and they even transposed the tempo. Now they’ve turned my song into some weird electro-pop music and I can barely hear my lyrics, they used too much techno ,” Chanyeol could feel Soomin’s frustration about it. He knew that Soomin’s genre was more on alternative rock, pop-rock and acoustic. He had never heard of her write pop songs that used too much auto tune and too many ‘techno ’ as the girl said.

 

“Don’t worry about it you’ll-” Just before Chanyeol could finish his sentence the manager slash owner slash best friend slash late comer arrived with a bright grin on his face.

 

Byun Baekhyun knew he was in trouble for showing up only now when there’s just about two hours left of their shift. And that is why the small beagle showed them a bag of food to make up for missing out. The 188-centimeter giant’s frown faded once he saw food in sight. He quickly took the food from Baekhyun’s hands.

 

“6 hours. Byun Baekhyun. Six hours.” Soomin said with crossed arms, glaring at Baekhyun who only rubbed the back of his head, “I’m surprised you broke your own record,” Hearing this, Baekhyun rushed to her and pouted oh so cutely at his best friend.

 

“I’m really sorry Soo. The client for this month’s musical event was very hard to convince. It took me quite some time to make them agree,” He pouted as the girl sighed and rolled her eyes.

 

“See, I told you. You should’ve let Soo talk to them. She’d get them in one bat of eyelashes,” Chanyeol said, his mouth full of Chinese food. He had a point. Soomin was good at convincing potential clients. She could talk them out of anything to make them agree. Baekhyun would take her with him or give her a call whenever his dad warned him that the client was going to be a tough sell.

 

“No worries, Heejin was there to help me convince them,” His answer made her look at Baekhyun in quite a shocked expression.

 

“What was she doing there? Didn’t you tell me she was in France?” Soomin asked.

 

“Oh yeah she got back last night. We originally had dinner plans but her mom needed her at the office. So instead she went with me to meet the clients and had early dinner before I went back here,” His explanation only made Soomin shut up. She didn’t have anything else to say. Whenever Heejin came in the topic, she’d either shut up or ask the basics like how she’s doing or if she had any new lines coming out but truth is, she wasn’t that interested.

 

It’s been a year now that Baekhyun had been dating Heejin and they were starting to be a serious thing. Well, everything Baekhyun got himself into was always serious. The guy never played a girl in his life and never wanted to. That’s one of the many traits Soomin liked about Baekhyun but at the same time, she was afraid for him. What if he’s the one that gets played? Baekhyun’s just too precious for that.

 

“Since when was she good at convincing clients?” Chanyeol arched a brow. The tower was a secret shipper of Baekhyun and Soomin. He’s that kind of friend who’d watch the two in the sidelines and wait for that day when they’d declare themselves an official couple but now that Baekhyun was taken, the chances of seeing his ‘ship’ sailing is almost near impossible.

 

“Since earlier, I guess?” Baekhyun shrugged. The next thing the two guys knew their gal pal was already packing her stuff, “Where are you going?”

 

Soomin slipped her bag across her body, “I have a deadline on Monday. I need to work on my songs tonight. You don’t mind if I clock out early, do you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter