Echoes

In That Place Where You Are

I woke up and I left, to take a stroll on the beach. I needed to get away from Ken, and I needed to breathe.

I still can’t believe it.

I’m stuck on some island. Some island I can’t get off of.

I walk towards the water and walk as far into it as I can before hitting the invisible force field that’s keeping me here.

Someone tugs on my hand. Ken.

“Hey.” He says softly.

For a second I wonder if I memorized his touch or if I’ve grown used to him or if it’s just the fact that I know no one’s going to save us or help us get off of this island.

“Minhee I know you’re mad at me.” His fingers gently let go of my arm. “But you need to eat, okay?”

I nod. “Can we eat in town? I’m tired of your food.” I look at him, and he chuckles a bit, taking the worried expression off his face.

We walk along the path behind our house, back into town.

Suddenly sitting out here in this restaurant, it feels funny. There’s many people here, but all I see is me, and him across the table.  Maybe it’s just because I don’t know anyone else. He starts making funny faces, and messing around, which is making it so hard to not forgive him.

The meal finally comes, and it is outright the best thing I’ve had in years.

“OH what to do. My best friend likes this cooking more than mine.” He makes a pout and wipes away an invisible tear.

I burst out laughing. “You’re forgiven.” I smile lightly before taking another bite.

“Yes! I knew my many charms would make you forgive me eventually.”

Well I mean you can’t stay mad at Ken forever right? Ken is one of your only friends, and he was also your first friend. He’s been there since as long as you can remember.

“You’re the only one I really have right now Ken. I don’t think we should leave each other just yet.” You catch his eyes and you tell him this, and you swear you see a light blush on his cheekbones.

“Ahem.” He clears his throat. “WELL this food is amazing.”

“So is your voice!” A group of girls that where passing by stop at your table. “Omo, what’s your name?”

He’s a bit shocked but he smiles. “Ken!” he says, and blows a kiss at them. The girls squeal at his actions.

“Can you sing something for us? Pleaseee!” One of the girls pulls at his shirt, and suddenly you feel uncomfortable, but Ken seems to be enjoying this a lot, so you stay quiet.

You completely disarmed all of me

I think I’m losing control

There’s no way something this sweet can be bad for me

I want you love you

Your breath is suddenly gone, as you hear his sweet voice sing the words to a song you’ve never heard before. The girls are clapping along to a beat that you can’t seem to find.

Are you even human? How can you be so beautiful?

He takes a glimpse at you before going onto the next phrase.

Look at that face that is smiling at me

You touch your cheeks, and you feel a burning sensation. Am I blushing?

No that can’t be it. You get up and go to the bathroom, splashing some water on your face, cooling it off.

Yup, that was probably it, the sun, the sun giving me a sunburn. I mean we were sitting outside. But why won’t the burning feeling go away? It’s a sunburn though, I haven’t gotten one of those in years, so I guess I forgot how it feels.

You go back to your table, where Ken is saying goodbye to the girls. He turns and looks at you and he seems a bit thrown off by something.

“Where did you go?”

“Oh to the bathroom.”  You scratch your head, not looking at him.

“You’re hiding something.”

“Ah me? No. Hide something what am I hiding what would I have to hide. You know what I think I’m gonna go look for an occupation at that one store I was at yesterday so I think I’m gonna go yeah I think I’m gonna go now.” You turn and start walking.

“Wait.” You stop, at the sound of his voice.

“Yes?” You ask without looking back.

“What did you think of, you know, my singing?”

“You have an amazing voice. That was the sweetest thing I heard in my life.” You say, and walk off without seeing his smile.

“I’m glad you like it. It was for you.” He finds that he’s saying it to himself, since you’re halfway down the street already. You find the shop again, and when you enter the same girl from yesterday is fixing something at the counter.

“Ah you’re back!” Her eyes get big in surprise and she smiles. “I was worried you wouldn’t come back and I wouldn’t get your name and I wouldn’t be able to find you!”

“Oh. My name? Song Minhee.”

She extends a hand covered in rings, bracelets and perfectly done nails. “Park Sojin. So then, when can you start?”

“Start? Like working?”

“What else?” she laughs.

“Oh well I guess today.”

“Perfect!” She smiles, super bubbly and she walks to the other side of the counter. “Follow me.” She goes through the beaded curtain, into the back of the store. There’s the dressing rooms, and she walks through anther light curtain, and there’s all this fabric and mannequins and dresses. Sketchbooks, and photos of finished products and everything. Anything you could possibly need to run a dress shop, it’s there.

“You can design things and you can help people out, and everything, or whatever you’re most comfortable with.”

You hear a bell, and Sojin hurries excitedly to the front. “That’s our noon appointment!”

You walk behind her and you spot a young looking girl at the front of the store. Sojin greets her without hesitation and you follow her into the dressing room where you wait while she gets something from the other room.

“Are you new here? I’ve never seen you before.” The girl has such a soft voice, and she’s so pretty, probably a bit older than you but not too old.

“Ah yes…”

“My name is Seohyun.” She gives you her hand and you shake it. “Minhee.”

“Seohyun is getting married next week.”

“Ohhh is she.”

              Seohyun giggles. She shows you her left hand, where a simple band covered in diamond shaped, bright pink stones sits on her ring finger.

              “Ah six years! That’s so cute!” Sojin almost squeals.

              Seohyun nods and you’re confused. Sojin catches on, as she lifts up the bright beaded curtain and shuts the door. “Ah Minhee. When we date someone here they have a ring. As the years go on, you can add a stone for all the years you’ve been together, and when you get married you stop adding stones.”

              You nod, finally understanding the strangeness of the ring. Then you catch a glimpse of the ring on Sojin’s left hand. “You’re married too?”

              She laughs. She shows you the ring. It has 8 stones, sort of clear, and round shaped, but as you look closely the stones shine different colors.

              “Isn’t it about time you and Kyungil have a baby?” Seohyun teases.

              “Oh hush you. Let’s get you into this dress.” She slips the corset looking top of the dress right over her head. The bottom of the dress is very simple, in a mermaid style.

              She looks at herself in the mirror and she looks a bit worried.

              “It’s missing something isn’t it?” Sojin scratches her head.

              “It feels like it is.”

              “Ruffles?” You ask.

              “No no, something a bit more… glamorous.” Sojin says.

              “Sparkly?” Seohyun asks.

              “What if we put stones all along the top of the corset, and then down the side until it reaches the skirt.”

              “And then at the skirt we can stick little rhinestones at the bottom, and a few spread out, kind of like an ombre effect with the rhinestones.”

              “Could you do that? That sounds perfect!” Seohyun looks so excited.

              “Yes, we’ll have it done in 3 days.” Sojin says.

              When she leaves, Sojin is busy drawing at the sketchpad, and you’re just cleaning the front of the store a bit when she calls you over. The design looks exactly how she wanted it to.

              “Would you like to put the rhinestone on there? It has to be done really carefully.”

              “Ah well I’ve actually never really done anything like that.”

              Sojin gets excited. “Perfect. You’re going to learn today then.” You spend the whole afternoon carefully putting on rhinestones with Sojin’s guidance, and you’re surprised when you hear a knock at the door.

              A handsome older man, stands at the door. “Yeobo are you done yet?”

              Sojin goes and hugs him, he smiles as he pulls her into the hug. They’re so cute together.  She lets go of him.

              “Minhee lets go home, yeah?”

              You nod and you head out of the store, your hands a bit sore from the delicate work you’ve been doing all day.  You suddenly feels eyes on you, and as you turn the street you start to freak out a bit. There’s a figure following you, and you don’t know what to do so you start running. You don’t know where you’re going until you finally spot something that looks familiar, the forest path that leads to your house.

              “Minhee!” You see Ken and you’re running to him when you suddenly trip and fall onto him, both of you falling into the tall grass. You close your eyes and that’s when you hear the person run past, and you realize it doesn’t matter, you’re safe now.

              You open your eyes and you’re unable to understand why Ken’s are so wide.

              Then you back away, realizing what you just did.

              “I’m sorry hyung, I lost her.” Hyuk says, sadly.

              “Oh well wasn’t that the smartest idea you’ve ever come up with.”

              Hongbin laughs at Leo’s comment. “He tried.”

              “What do you want me to do?” Hyuk asks, with a pout on his face.

              “Don’t worry about it Hyuk. We’ll find them eventually.”

              You sit at the end of the beach, your toes in the water, the water washing over them. The water washes away the sand and rocks with it. So why can’t it just wash that moment away?

              “Minhee wait!” You got up as soon as you realized what you just did. You ran, and ran until you go to a deserted looking part of the beach, and sat there to think.

              You couldn’t hear Ken behind you and his thoughts which he spoke out loud. “Is it possible she likes me too?”

              And in the cold walls of the castle Hongbin’s voice echoed over and over through the vast halls.

Into an eternal dream that I won’t ever awake from



ayyyyy

haven't updated in agess

and this is like two days late but i really tried D: Forgive me

on the other hand i saw vixx in person O_O they're all so handsome and bubbly and adorable and omg

BUT KEN LITERALLY SHINES

GUYS I HAVE NOT FOUND ONE PICTURE THAT CAPTURES HOW GOOD HE LOOKS IN PERSON

HALP I GOT THE KEN FEELS