Lost

In That Place Where You Are

     I don’t move. I just let him put his lips on mine… His eyes that were closed suddenly open, revealing the bitterness in his heart. He looks at me differently. It’s something I never noticed before and before I can even think about doing anything; my hand reacts by itself and slaps him right across the face.

                “I don’t love you Ken! Get out of my room!” I yell, not able to look at him.

                “Is it because of him?” He asks coldly.

                “No Ken it’s not him I just can’t love you like you love me.”

                “It’s because of him isn’t it?”

                “Ken I just told you that-

                “SONG MINHEE I KNOW YOU.” He startles me, and this time when I look at him, he looks away. “You’re lying to me and you know what the worst part is?” I feel his voice is starting to choke up. “You don’t know him Minhee! You met him a few days ago! I’ve known you forever and I just can’t believe this. I can’t lose you Minhee. You’re all that matters to me.” He says and seems to run out of breath, and falls to his knees.

                “I’m not going to marry you Ken.” He looks up at me, with tears streaming down him face and tries to touch my hand, but I move it.

                “Minhee please just-

                “LEE JAEHWAN GET OUT OF MY ROOM!” I finally lose it, and seeing that he won’t leave I run out of the house and I don’t stop running until I reach the beach, and I’m back at the spot me and Hakyeon were at earlier.

                “Can’t sleep?” I hear Hakyeon say, and he startles me so much I almost fall back but he catches me. “Whoa.”

                I find myself hugging him and crying. “Minhee what’s wrong?”

                “Hakyeon let’s run away. Let’s leave. Let’s go to Seoul. Please.”

                “Really?”

                “Yes.” I say and we sit there in silence for a little.

                “What happened?”

                “I’m not going to talk about it.”

                “Then why don’t you go back home and sleep. I’ll tell you when we’re leaving tomorrow.”

                “Okay then.” I say, and I suddenly realize how close our faces are, but then he turns away and gets up.

                “See you later then.” He says without looking back.

                Did we almost kiss? He got shy didn’t he?

                I walk back home and I’m able to sleep only because of what Hakyeon promised.

                I wake up the next day and find myself at the coffee shop explaining to Ravi that I’m quitting. He takes it as I’m going on a honeymoon with Ken and assumes that I’ll be back. The whole world practically knows I’m supposed to be marrying Ken tomorrow.

                “Meet me at our spot.” The message from Hakyeon says.

                So I walk to our spot and on the beach he gives me a ticket. It says that it’s from Mokpo to Seoul. 6am on Sunday morning.

                “Meet me here at 5:30. We’ll go from here together. Don’t bring anything.” He says and I want to stay with him more but he gets a call so I just got back home and have dinner with my parents. They’re talking about how surprised they are that I finally agreed to the wedding. I don’t say much and just eat. I end up in my room, where I pick up my sketchpad and start working on a dress that I’m designing. In my dreams, this dress would be a long pink dress with roses and ruffles but in this paper it’s nothing but a 2 dimensional design.

                There’s a knock on the window and I try ignoring it at first but it gets annoying so I go over and open it. He stands there with a sign in front of his face. “I’m sorry. Let’s talk yeah?” it says.

                “Come in.” I say and I go back to sitting on the bed.

                “I’m sorry Minhee.” He says, and puts the oranges down. It suddenly feels a bit strange because everything he said yesterday comes back to me. How am I not supposed to feel awkward that he likes me. Wait not likes. My best friend told me he’s in love with me.

                I grab an orange and try to make conversation. “The moon is pretty outside.”  I say, and we both look out at the huge full moon in front of us. I notice he’s not having and oranges and I give him a look.

“They’re all for you today, as my apology.”  He says. Well at least he did something right. I eat the whole orange without hesitation.

“Minhee you’re probably going to hate me.” He says, and my vision starts getting a bit blurred.

“What why would i-

“I’m sorry. It’s the only way.” Is the last thing I hear.

When I open my eyes they feel heavy like I took medicine. So I lay there in bed with my eyes closed for a while and then I slowly open them, feeling a bit better. At least for that second. That’s when I get up in panic. I look around; I’m in an unfamiliar room. I move out into the living room and I see Ken sitting there without a worry in the world.

He looks at me and his eyes go big as I run out the door, onto the porch and I see nothing but the beach and the ocean in front of me.     Where the heck am I? Ken suddenly comes after me so I run down onto the beach and I run into the water.

“Wait Minhee you can’t do that!” He yells.

I run, trying to run into the water but about 2 meters in, I fall back. I try to get, up the water is only at my knees. And I again I try but there’s something stopping me. Something that’s not there. I put my hand out to the air in front of me and it stops as if I’ve reached a glass wall.

I fall onto my knees and desperately cry, getting up, trying to get through this invisible wall. I go further down the beach and it’s the same thing.  I finally give up and sit down in the water. I don’t get it. The waves still wash over me, they move through the wall. I still feel the breeze, it moves through the wall so why is it that my hand stops like I’m being blocked by glass.

I cry even more realizing that I’m not at home and that I can’t leave. “Minhee…” Ken says and I look up at him and the hand that he’s stretching out for me. I take it and he leads me back to the house, still holding my hand.

“Where are we?”

“Minhee… I’m sorry. I actually don’t know.” And with those words the last of my hope left me.


Gahhh~ did you guys wait long? Sorry T_T kinda had a busy week last week >.<