Old and New Friend

Paper Hearts [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun followed his nuna to her room. He wanted to ask Mirae something, but his nuna looked like showing no any interest. Her face looked somehow quite dark and not in a good mood. “Nuna…,” he uttered, “… I want to really ask you something…,” he added. Once again Mirae didn’t even turn her head to him. She put her bag on the chair before scoffing.

     “Yah, Sehun, stop the act, will you…,” she then glared at him.

    “I will stop calling you pig if you answer my question…,” Sehun pleaded, pleased by his nuna’s sudden nod. “So, is that true that girl with pretty eyes like cats?”

    “What?” Mirae yelped, “What is it about?”

    “Lu Chu nuna, the new neighbor told me that cat –” Before Sehun could finish his words, Mirae’s phone buzzed, meant there was a new chat message on her k-talk. Sehun was about to speak again when Mirae who grabbed her phone before opening the message and skimming it, turned her head towards his younger brother, and pushed his back towards the door. “Nuna, I haven’t finished talking—” he whined.

    “Yah! Oh Sehun! Just get out already!” Mirae shouted before shoving Sehun from her room and closed the door afterwards. Sehun sighed growling, “Aish… really… what a pig!” before he scratched his head and walked to the front door to meet with his best friends, the idiots, Jongin and Tao.

 

     After reading the message, Mirae caught her jacket and wore it before heading out from home. She didn’t feel good to do this, but she did it anyway. She walked towards a food vendor that placed in the corner of her neighborhood. In few minutes, she had already reached the food vendor. Her heart beat faster as she stopped in front of it. Before she walked in to the vendor, she closed her eyes and inhaled some air.

    “Long time no see, Oh Mirae.” There, sitting a boy, who looked at Mirae who just entered the vendor. Mirae looked at him. “Yeah, long time no see, m—.” She replied, but the boy cut her off.

    “Does Lu Han know?” He asked, didn’t even bother to look at Mirae again.

    “What?” Mirae questioned.

    “Does Lu Han know about our relationship?” He examined.

    “What?”

    “Don’t get close to Lu Han. When I am in my lowest condition, he is the only one who always been by my side.” He spoke. “You know right, that I am really unlucky? If you ever bully Lu Han, be prepared to die, Mirae.”

    “Kim Minseok,” Mirae called his name while looking straight to him, “You really are a jerk. What do you think I will do? For ten years, I have been your friends, but what? You even sent me those bastards to attack me.” She sighed. “I appreciated our friendship a lot back then and trusted you a lot.” She breathed softly. “Fine, don’t provoke, or I won’t bear it anymore.”

    “Please, don’t bear it anymore,” Minseok scoffed, “you know already, right?” he then looked to the other side of the vendor where there were three boys sitting next into each other whose hands waving towards Mirae with mocking eyes plastered in their faces. Mirae lined her eyes, seeing from left to the right, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Suho… “The brats… they are…,” Minseok added when Mirae saw Baekhyun raised his cup of soju to the air while smirking towards Mirae.

    “Hrr..,” Mirae hissed while rolling her eyes towards the three boys that got in her nerves when Minseok suddenly stood up from his seat and walked passed Mirae. His shoulder accidentally bumped into Mirae’s, and he stopped walking, before muttering, “Don’t ever appear in front of me.” and he walked out from the vendor. Mirae sighed in her place, couldn’t say a single word.

 

    Summer and rain. Lu Han sighed. After coming to Korea, he learned that during summer, the country was going to be showered with rain, a lot. His eyes flickered on to the window that hit by the rain. He somehow liked the sound of the rain. Bi Sori. He chuckled by himself, when his eyes caught someone walking in the middle of the rain, completely drenched. He furrowed his brows when realizing who the person was. Oh Mirae. Freaking that girl, wet in the rain, without umbrella, or whatnot. Suddenly this noon’s incident that happened in the music studio, where Mirae looked all gloomy with her teary eyes, came to Lu Han’s thought. And, suddenly, something bothered Lu Han. Without thinking twice, he ran to the downstairs taking the umbrella from its place and ignoring her mom yelling, “Lu Han, where are you going? It’s raining heavily…,” as he opened the door and walked over towards Mirae who with head hung low walked soullessly.

    Lu Han’s footsteps stopped in front of her, and he immediately put down the umbrella so that covered his face. He saw Mirae’s shoes that took a step to the left side. Lu Han followed his movement. The girl took another step to her right side, and once again Lu Han followed after her. He could hear Mirae sighed in annoyance when he lifted up the umbrella. He then saw Mirae widened her eyes while uttering, “Ah, whaaaat…? It’s you…,” she chuckled. Lu Han then walked towards Mirae’s side. “Yah, what, are you afraid that I am getting wet, or something?” She spoke.

    “Yah, what that is, why I worry over you…,” Lu Han scoffed. “I just can’t sleep and feel bored so I come out.”

    “Aissh… whatever…,” Mirae smirked, “by saying that you think you will lose some of your money?” Lu Han chuckled hearing her words. “Why you don’t ask?” Mirae suddenly uttered.

    “About?” Lu Han asked in confusion while glancing at her.

    “The practice room.” Mirae replied, that recognized by Lu Han sounded serious.

    “Ah, that…,” Lu Han inhaled, “you were crying, right? Wouldn’t it mean you get hurt? So, if I ask you, wouldn’t you get more hurtful?” He slowly looked at Mirae who gazed him back.

    “Yah, who was crying?” She sneered. “I definitely won’t cry. I’ll be probably crying if I see cockroach though.” She said so confidently, making Lu Han giggled.

   “Oh really, so what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter