The Witnesses, the Airport Catwalk and the Rules of being a Model

Sticky Notes

 

“Blood is really thick. Even thicker than make-up or fashionable winter clothes”

 

 

“I hope all those dickbags that ignored you goes to hell because you’re too precious to ignore,” Luhan’s voice is laced with pure frustration; dipping with every syllable he spoke. He looks straight into Minseok’s eyes, and for the first time, it did not have its usual naïve sparkle that Minseok was used to seeing. Instead, a threatening glint overshadows the other’s eyes. 

 

Minseok is clearly not getting it. They’ve been friends for how long? ‘24 hours and 15 minutes’, he recalls. This is something normal people would have brushed off. ‘Then again Luhan might not just be as normal as I thought.’

“There’s no need for you to get worked up over something in the pa-“

“No! It’s unfair for people to ignore you, Xiumin! You’re as human as they’re going to get and I’m-“ Luhan continues rambling about many things. The veins are becoming more and more prominent on his forehead, along with Minseok’s confusion.

Out of instinct, Minseok wraps his arms around the fuming boy and rests Luhan’s head on his chest.  Minseok tries to calm the other’s anger with gentle caresses and comfortable silence. And it works. Finally, Luhan’s failing arms fall to his side and clutches Minseok’s dress shirt.

“Why are you so frustrated?” Minseok asks calmly, continuing his previous actions.

 “I… I hate being lonely… it’s just too traumatizing for me… and…” he tightens his grip, “I don’t want anyone else to experience what I went through…”  The pace of Luhan’s breath still remains unstable, but as he listens to Minseok’s heart, he feels like he was back at home, back in his mother’s arms.

 

‘He’s just like me…’ Minseok thinks.

 

“I know I can’t do much right now, since I don’t know about your past… but the least I can do is to hold you. I feel that it’s too early to talk about it and maybe you think the same way… calm yourself… breathe.”

 

Luhan follows.

 

Minseok slowly let’s go of Luhan, letting the boy, inhale more air. They sat in silence, just letting the sound of Luhan’s breathe pace back into its regular rhythm.  Luhan leans his head on Minseok’s shoulder, closing his eyes to rest for a bit more.

 

“Thanks for calming me down…”

Minseok pats the younger’s head.

“Sleep for a while, Han. I’ll wake you up when its time.”

 

Luhan hums in appreciation.

 

Both the seniors fall to the lull of deep sleep. Letting the sky, clouds and each other be the only witness to the start of a long and painful journey of love and searching for one’s heart in the past.

 


 

“No. Just no.” Kyungsoo glares at the amount of chocolate Chanyeol had bought at the Duty Free section of the airport.  He picks up a bar of Kit Kat out of the huge mountainous pile; Chanyeol had created out of the sweets.

It was a stack of diabetes and toothaches waiting to happen.

 

And Do Kyungsoo was not willing to see it.

 

“No way in hell, are you giving all of these to Minseok-hyung.”

Chanyeol gives his signature giant pout and huffs. He covers his luggage full of sweets and scrambles to zip it up because the “show” was about to start.

“Why~~~ Minseok-hyung likes sweets!”

“You little ! He likes coffee! Not sweets! Besides, you’re the one who likes them.” Kyungsoo grabs Chanyeol’s right ear, twisting it for added pain. Chanyeol responds with a very enthusiastic wince, still trying to look fabulous for the paparazzi’s cameras.  They walk together, posing with both pain and happiness in their eyes.

Rules of being a model:

Rule number 1: Always look good for the camera.

 

“Ugh, you guys always ruin our image,” Baekhyun rolls his eyes, fixing the creases on his top. If he was going to do an airport fashion show, he was going to own it like it was meant for him.  Doing a final overall check, he does his well-practiced catwalk and the cameras began to flash especially for him.

 

Rule Number 2: Be the most confident person there is out there.

 

Jongin gives a low whistle. “That’s Baekhyun-hyung for you,” Jongdae smirks; neatly putting on his signature sunglasses and tightening his hold on his handbag. He motions to Jongin, and together, they walk in sync. Like-minded twins. That’s what they were dubbed in the modeling world. They had taken each photo with downright commendable teamwork and originality. They were known to bring out the best in anyone they model with.

But their best feature,

 

Is their killer smiles.

 

Jongdae possess an adorable kittenish smile, the corners of his lips, extending upward. Jongin on the other hand, had full, kissable lips, nobody could ever resist.  And together… well…  Let’s just say that a lot of people had to be sent to the hospitable for reasons doctors would arch their eyebrows at.

 

Well back to the present, the two siblings follow their label mates in their walk towards the exit. They flash small smiles for both the fans and the media, earning even wilder screams than before. A fan gets through the barricade of security guard and immediately runs to the siblings, seeing that she was wearing their faces on her shirt.

“U-u-u-um.” The girl stutters, “please take this” the fan holds out her simple of a small Pikachu doll, customized to look like Jongdae. The fan trembles as she waits for a ready acceptance of her gift. Just when she was about to walk back disheartened.  Jongdae takes it in both hands and bows in thanks. The fan squeals and is immediately taken by the guards forcibly.

 

Rule Number 3: Kindness must come from the heart. Not from the lips.

 

“C’mon you lazy es! Time to head to the dorm!” A tall blond man comes, catching the attention of many, as he strut his suit along the runway. He heads toward the 5 handsome piece of organisms and back taps them.

 “Hey Kris! Long time no see!”

“We saw each other yesterday Chanyeol,” the blond deadpanned.

“Is the van already there, Kris?”

“Who do you think I am, Byun?

“Uh.. Our manager?”

“Just move your .”

“Roger,” Baekhyun pulls both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol to the waiting van and immediately hops inside.

The remaining three walk normally.

“Did you do what we asked, Kris-hyung?”  Jongdae looks straight, his eyes transforming into a more serious look.

“Yep. Got it done.” They hop onto the van one by one, securing a seat for themselves.

Jongin now asks, “Does he know we’re coming?”

“Nope. I made sure nobody knew of course,” Kris emphasizes the sentence with a pop of his p.

“Good thing we made you go on an earlier flight to secure the transfer.”

Rule Number  4: Have a bad manager who is a part-time Board of Director of a School

“Amen” All of the models whisper a grateful praise. 


 

 

Hi Guys!!! OMG

 

Where did all the subs come from?

 

Cries to Li Po and the moon

 

I'm sorry for the crappy chapter though :(

 

I really will try harder to give you guys quality pieces!

 

Thank you to my beta, ureekokim! Babe, loving the comments

And thank you to  Poster Shop (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/698068/-poster-shop-open-taking-requests-accepting-graphic-designers-graphic-poster---exo-bap-superjuinior) for my new poster! Please do request from them if you need one!

 

 

SnowySpring