a•l•w•a•y•s

a•r•c•a•d•i•a
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyone puts her down, but I will protect her, always.

 

 

"Jongin, you should divorce with her soon. She's not worthy of you."

 

"You know you still have a choice try Jongin-ah"

 

"You deserve much better, my son"

 

"She will just be a burden to you Jongin"

 

I shook my head firmly before heading back to our room.

 

They don't know her worth.

 

She was sleeping calmly on our king-sized bed. I made myself comfortable on the left side of the bed and admired her beauty. She was pretty, gorgeous and beautiful even in her sleep. Her features were perfect, complementing her fair skin. I always loved to watch her in her sleep. It was during these time, we were away the crowd, the reality, the negativity.

 

My eyes trailed down to her collarbone. She was skinny, making her collarbone more distinct than others. But she always hid the beautiful collarbone which I used to plant kisses on because of the ugly scar imprinted on it. And I was the cause.

 

 

'Bro, you sure you want to be with her? She can't even do simple things. Its so embarrassing for a perfect bachcelor like you to hang out with her'

 

I nodded my head. That was the eleventh time I was warned being with her. I glanced at the message she just sent - 'Enjoy yourself with your friends! :)'. Gulpping another glass of Volka, I looked at my friends who was dancing on the dancefloor with their girlfriends. I should have known that she could not be like other girlfriends and she would not be able to be by my side on such occassion. But I could not help but to envy those friends of mine who could dance with their love.

 

Chanyeol was right. Soojung may not be worthy of me. After all, I was in the most popular clique in college. I deserved a girlfriend who could devote her time and world to me, someone who could follow me to socalities activites, someone who could talk and listen to me. But Soojung was none of the above. For once, I felt the urge to forget about her and enjoy the accompany of the pretty women.

 

That night, the day after, the following week, that month, I ignored her, Soojung. I did not know if I was truly sick of her or simply was guilty because I cheated on her that night. There was no loss for me. Instead, knowing that I became single again, many girls threw themselves on me. I felt proud, to be able to blend in with my friends.

 

After rejecting her call for the thrid time the following week after I silently broke up with her, I heard no news of her. She studied in a different college but we lived in the same vincinity. It was weird not to see her in the neighbourhood since it was almost the norm to meet her at the park everyday. It made me wonder if she was ignoring me too.

 

I finally heard of Soojung again after a month. Not in a pleasant way though. News had been spreading like fire among the college students that Soojung was thrown into the Hangeng river. Her life was almost taken. Almost. I did not know what to feel. A part of me wanted to see her badly and ensure that she was fine. But my brain told me otherwise, reasoning that we had broke up and there was no reason for me to be worried for her.

 

However, my heart took over. Probably it was due to the exagerration made in the rumour about how Soojung attempted suicide because of our seperation. Or it maybe because of my guilt for leaving her alone. Either way, I felt obliged to give her a visit. And I did.

 

Soojung was asleep when I entered the ward. She was in white, her face was pale, but she was no less an angel. Scars were evident from her face and her neck. The injuries did not seem to be sustained from drowning. The swollen blue-black and bruises definitely implied that Soojung was beaten up. But she had been a lovely girl, why would anyone do that to her?

 

Seeing her face after nearly a month made me realised how much I missed her. I was conflicted, not knowing if what I felt was love or guilt. Soojung started figeting on the bed, as if she knew my pressence. She had always been a sensitive person. It was not surprising to know that she knew I was there.

 

It's only been a month but Soojung looked dif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter