l•o•v•e

a•r•c•a•d•i•a
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    

 

I did not believe in affection, love or soulmate. Those ideas to me were ridiculous. Why would you share your happiness with someone else when you could simply enjoy it all by yourself? Career was my priority. Working in the largest and most well-reputated consultation film in the world, devotation was necessary. Time is golden, and I believed in using my time wisely to earn more money and climb up the social ladder. 

 

I did. 

 

By the age of 36, I became the manager of my consultation firm. It was a feat. Quoting some, 'for a woman like her, she's rather capable'. Stereotypes I called it. What made them think that women cannot perform as well as men? Our physique may be lacking in comparison, but to me, women were just as intelligent as men. Women could survive on their own, I did not understand the importance of a boyfriend or husband. To me, they were obstacles preventing myself from achieving further. I saw no point in their discussion and shun them off as ignorant beings. 

 

People often asked me 'Are you happy?'

 

Yes. Happy because I managed to prove those who thought lightly of me wrong. Happy because I became a manager at a young age. Happy because I am earning a lot of money right now.

 

My answer never changed. Soon, they didn't bother asking me anymore. 

 

Then, they started questioning me 'Are you lonely?'

 

At the age of 36, indeed I never had a boyfriend. I saw no need to dedicate my time and effort for a man who may cheat on you. The thought of it was just stupid. Why waste effort on someone else when you could enjoy everything alone? 

 

My answer was No. Solitary is a bliss. I spent my entire life alone, and I never wanted a change. Going gorcery shopping alone. Eating meals alone. Watches television alone. Living alone. Celebrating my birthday alone. Going on vacation alone. My life revolved around me and only me. Others may think I'm a loner, but no, I enioyed spending time alone. I could not imagine an addition of someone in my life. 

 

Maybe just not yet. 


 

 

"A cup of Americano"

 

My favourite pastime was no other than finishing up my reports in café. The weather looked great, and I had a hunch it was not going to rain. Hence, leaving my umbrella in the car. 

 

But sometimes being so arrogant and full of yourself wasn't right. The skies started turning dark and I cursed silently for being so insistent that i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter