Shifts

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Annyeong, Taeyeon Unnie!"
"Welcome to Thailand, Taeyeon!"
"Sawadeehkah, Taeyeon unnie!"
"Saranghae, Taeyeon!"

I waved as much as I can to greet the Thai sones. Flashes of cameras are everywhere, and they were around me as well. Infront of me, from the fans' cameras, then left and right and even behind me, from the B-ing's official ones. 

I waved and bowed and flew kisses to the fans, which earned me a ton of screaming and cheers. I repeated the same gestures until Manager oppa told me that we should best be going. So I flew one final kiss to the fans and hopped away.

When I got seated at the van, Manager oppa stared at me and I did the same, smiling so big. "You've been in such a good mood this entire day." He looked at me skeptically and turned outside the window to the staff that was still running around, trying to get security in order. "They certainly appreciated it."

"Hmm," I nodded, "Eh, I felt so good today. I'm not really sure why." I shrugged, fully resting my back on the seat and just... relaxing.

It was a fun day. A long, but fun day. My day started pretty early for the shoot. When we got here at the venue, hair and makeup were first priority, and I'm glad the staff gave me some space in the morning while I was preparing. But after that though, once I got dressed, they ran everything that needs to be done with me. They explained all the details, and thankfully, they also asked for my opinion on some of them. Which, I admit doesn't really happen all the time. Most of my endoresements are usually run through by me, not with me. Granted, I do have a say on some of them. But most of the time? 

Hi, it's Kim Taeyeon, South Korea's singing robot. Not so nice to meet you.

I digress.

Anyway, today was better than I expected. Thai sones' support was felt throughout the entire day. And I wasn't the only one thankful, the staff were as well. They cooperated and listened well. I was a proud mom.

Sniff sniff.

"Here." Oppa said, passing handing me my bag as we drove off today's venue, and back to the hotel. 

"Thanks." Opening up my bag, I rumbled through it until I my hand caught what it wanted to touch.

"So many texts, I see." He commented and I looked up to see him glancing down at my phone. 

"Yah, It's not nice to snoop, you know." I , pulling my phone closer to me and away from his sight. 

He raised his eyebrows and looked away and out the window. "Okay, okay. Sorry."

I chuckled and returned to my phone, making sure he really isn't looking this time. I scrolled at my lock screen and saw that there were various texts from different people. Since I woke up this morning, I haven't had the chance to really reply to anyone at all. Oops. I unlocked my phone and went through all of it.

I'm not mad or anything. I'm just... curious, you can say. I wanna know!! Take care of yourself, Taeng. Lunch or dinner date when you get back? Just the two of us? Well, actually, that's not a question. It's a demand. Hehe. Love you! :* - Sooyoung

Taeyeon, you aren't answering my phone calls, honey. I assume you're in the middle of your schedule. Anyway, I just wanted to see how you were doing. Is there any chance we can visit you girls before you have to leave for your Japan tour? Your father and I really want to see you guys again. Are you eating well? Are you enjoying Thailand? Don't work too hard! I love you. - Kim Umma

You still haven't talked to us. We're still not letting this go. Not until you tell us what's up. Okay? See you when you get back. Xo - Tiffany

I suddenly missed my little sister. Come visit the dorm sometime and let's watch Frozen again? Or do you want me to go to your apartment instead? Let me know, sis! - Heechul Oppa

A couple more of the slightly similar kind from others remained unopen because one name caught my eye: Jiyong's.

He didn't reply when I texted last night, pressumably because of the time difference and he must've been resting. But that didn't change the fact that I was nervous though. And the thing is, I don't even know why I should be nervous. Like really, what the is that all about?

I took a deep breath and clicked on his name.

Wouldn't you like to know. Hehe. A little curious, Taengoo? - Ji

I stared at the text, my jaw dropped.

That bastard. 

Here I was, mentally beating myself up because of the text I carelessly sent... Well, I think what pisses me off the most with this situation is that I texted him something that's concerning his personal life. Which I shouldn't have. That's the reason why I got so nervous, I think. It wasn't a part of the deal. He tells me what he tells me, what he wants to tell me, and that's it. But somehow, I got carried away last night.

Really, Taeyeon. What was that about?

And now here he was, trying to make a joke out of it. 

Not really a joke but... Well, he definitely wasn't taking it seriously.

In reality, I was conflicted. Should I feel mad because he didn't answer my question, or relieved that he thought of a way for it to be just a pass of breeze between us? 

I chose the latter.

I chuckled loudly and shook my head, still staring at the text. From the corner of my eye, I saw Oppa whipped his head back at me, and curiously tried to look over my phone again. 

Unfortunately, I was faster.

on him.

I leaned my back against the window and held my phone close to my heart, giggling at Oppa. He chuckled and shook his head, returning to his original position.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter