Apple

City Lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That should be fine." I muttered as I looked at myself in the mirror. I gave myself an awkward thumbs up and walked out of the washroom, closing the light and the door behind me. I went to my bag and did a mental check list of what I need. 

Wallet, check. Phone, check. Passport, check. Earphones... Hmm, not check. I went through my bag in hopes of finding it but... It's not here. 

Damn.

I looked at the clock on my bedside table and bit my lip when I saw the time. 5:06. I should still be fine. Now where are those earphones?

I went around the room, opening and closing drawers, even checking under the bed. But nothing. Tsk. I put my hand on my hips and stared at the space before me. 

"You've got to be kidding me." I said, throwing my hands up in exasperation.

Suddenly, a knock on my door made me turn around and when I looked, Jiyong's head was already halfway in. "Hey, good morning." He said in a groggy voice.

"Oh, hey." I jerked my chin at him in return. "Why are you up so early?" I said, walking to the corner of my bed where my bag is placed to zip it close.

He let himself in and sat beside where the said bag is. "Just wanted to see you on your way out." He said, rubbing his eyes. 

I smiled and tilted my head. "Awe, Ji. You didn't have to. I'd be fine." I ruffled his still messy but hot bed hair, and he jerked his head away from my touch, groaning at the action. But the smile on his face says otherwise. "But thank you." I said sincerely. "I appreciate it."

He wrinkled his nose at me and waved his hand dismissively at me. "Now, who had to be kidding you before I walked in?"

"What?"

"Before I walked in, I heard you say 'You've got to be kidding me'." He explained. 

"Oh," I answered. "It's nothing. I just... I can't find my damn earphones." I said, folding my arms across my chest. 

He stared up at me. "That's it?"

I pouted. "Well, it may not seem like a big deal to you, but I need my earphones when I travel, Mr. Kwon."

"I understand," He said, his voice laced with amusement. "I feel the same thing when I travel. But..." He stood and left the room.

While I stood still, staring at the place he just sat on about 2 seconds ago.

What?

"Yah, Kwon Jiyong, what the hell?!" I shouted after him. 

I was about to walk after him when he reappeared infront of my door... Holding a pair of earphones in his hand. "Here."

I took it from him and held it up. "What's this? This isn't mine."

Mine is white. And the one he gave me is a black one.

"I know."

"Then..." I stared at him and my eyes widened. "Are you giving me your earphones?"

He snorted at that. "Uh, no." I pouted.

"Then why are you giving it to me?"

"I'm not."

"Wait... Wh-"

"I'm lending it to you." He cut me off. "I'm not giving it to you. You wish."

"Ohh!" I said, finally understanding the situation. I hold out my palm that was containing the earphones. "Take it."

His brows furrowed. "What?"

"I don't want it."

"But..."

I smiled at him. "Really, I'm an idol too. Earphones mean a lot to us, especially when we have schedules." I looked at him pointedly, knowing he would understand what I meant.

He smiled back. "I know, that's why I'm giving it to you." He said, closing my fingers around the earphones. "Besides, you're actually gonna travel to Thailand."

I shook my head. "Seriously, Ji. I'm pretty sure I have a spare one at the dorm. I can pick it up from there."

"Then you can leave those earphones there and give it back to me when we see each other."

"Tsk, Kwon Jiyong,"

"Jeez, Taeng. It's not a big deal, it's just a pair of earphones." He shrugged. "Seriously, use it. Leave it in your dorm if you want, you just have to return it back it to me."

"I don't get why I have to return it back to you when I can just give it to you now."

He stared at me for a minute, and I did the same thing. Until finally, he smirked and leaned down until our noses were almost touching. "That way, you have an excuse to see me next time."

Well, when he puts it that way...

"I guess, I should put it in my bag now." I mumbled.

He chuckled and nodded at me, still not moving an inch. "I think you should. Keep it safe, y'know?" He said. 

I see someone already brushed their teeth this morning. 

"I should do that." I whispered. And reluctantly turned away, to place the precious earphones safely in my bag.

Because you know... I need to return it to him.

I glanced at the clock and realized that it was already 5:20. I sighed dejectedly.

"I have to go." I said, grabbing my bag and turning back to him. 

He looked at the clock then back to me. "You still have 10 minutes before you have to leave."

I smirked. "I wonder what that time entails."

He pursed his lips. "I'm sure we could think of something." He winked and I giggled. "Come on," He said, pulling at my arm and leading us out of the door, with me closing it. "Have you even had your breakfast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter