A Potato Flew Around My Room

EXO At It's Finest

Sun-mi walked down the familiar street and towards the pistachio colored building. There weren't many people out on the streets at this time.

She got close to the café and when she arrived, she peered through the clear door. Sun-mi gasped and immediately turned away from the door.

Chanyeol said they were closed!  She thought. Sun-mi slowly went back and peeked again. She noticed they were all guys and that they have the same uniform that Sun-mi has on. She looked at each of them and recognized Lay and Kris sitting on chairs, laughing and talking with the others.

At that exact moment Lay turned his head and spotted her outside the café. A smile grew across his face. He stood up from his seat and waved at Sun-mi.

Sun-mi looked at Lay and then at all the other people in there that she didn't know. She turned away from the door and looked down at her shoes.

Lay frowned when Sun-mi didn't wave back. He watched as she turned away from them and suddenly look down. Lay started making his way towards the door ignoring the stares from the guys.

He pushed through the glass doors and walked towards Sun-mi. She looked up at Lay for a second before looking back down. He tilted his head confused and leaned forwards to Sun-mi.

"Don't be shy~ They're my friends, they won't hurt you!" He said pouting. Sun-mi kicked a small pebbled on the ground.

"But...I don't know them." She said quietly.

 

Inside the café there were seven curious people.

"Whose that?"

"Must be another customer who thinks we're open on Tuesdays."

"Lay's gonna break it to her."

"Nah, he's too nice. He's most likely going to invite her in."

"Hey isn't that the girl that fainted the other day."

"No way! It is her!"

Throughout the conversation Kris sat quietly in his seat. He looked outside the window to see Lay pouting at Sun-mi. Lay's eyes met Kris' and pouted even more.

She won't come in!  He mouthed. Kris looked at Lay's pouting face, then at the shy Sun-mi. Kris sighed and moved his head towards the inside of the building, signaling Lay to bring her in. Lay broke into a grin and turned towards Sun-mi and grabbed her hand.

 

Sun-mi looked up surprised at the sudden action. Lay had grabbed her hand and is now bringing her inside the shop.

When they arrived inside, Lay stood in front of his friends with Sun-mi right next him.

"This is my friend, Eun-mi!" Lay said excitedly. Sun-mi looked at all the staring people in the room and got scared. She took a step back and hid behind Lay's shoulder. Kris chuckled at the both of them.

"Yixing, it's Sun-mi. Sun. Mi." Kris said. Lay's eyebrows furrowed before he smiled cheekily.  

"Oh yeah," He said. "Well, here are my friends!" He turned to his left but Sun-mi had disappeared! He felt a tug on his shirt and he peeked over his shoulder and found Sun-mi hiding behind him.

Within the small crowd of friends, one of them stood up.

"I'm Chen! And I'm the funniest around here!" Another one near Chen had slapped Chen's belly making him groan.

"Stop playing around," He looked at the hiding girl and sighed. "I'm Xiumin. The oldest." Sun-mi slightly looked over Lay's shoulder and saw the two who just introduced themselves.

He doesn't look the oldest...

"I'm D.O." Said one. Sun-mi's eyes shot towards him. He was the quietest in the room and held a straight face.

"His real name's Kyungsoo!" Chen spoke loudly while sitting on a table.

Kyungsoo?

His eyes widened and he looked right at Chen, almost as if he was going to kill him.

"Yah!" He took a step forward, scaring Chen off the table he was sitting on. Kyungsoo returned back to his straight face and turned towards Sun-mi.

"Chen's real name is Kim Jongdae." He said. Other members in the room started laughing at Chen and Sun-mi's lip twitched.

Chen had gotten off the floor and made his way back onto the table. He started pouting.

"Why are you guys doing this to me!~"

One stood up and walked towards Lay and Sun-mi. He was tall and intimidating. He had this piercing look in his eyes that scared Sun-mi. He stood in front of them and looked at her.

"I'm Tao." He said calmly. Then he turned around and walked back to his seat but when he sat down, he was too close to the edge of the seat and ended up falling to the ground.

"Pfft. Pffffftt. AHAHAHAAHHAHA!"

"That's Tao on a daily basis."

After that, Sun-mi didn't find him that scaring anymore. Suho stood from his seat and smiled at Sun-mi. He bowed and introduced himself.

“Hello. My name is Joonmyeon, but you can call me Suho. It is nice to meet you, Eun Sun-mi.” Sun-mi’s eyes widened at the formal introduction and bowed quickly. When they both pulled up from bowing, Suho was still giving Sun-mi his warmest smile, but dropped that smile when someone in the room muttered ‘loser’. Suho turned and stared at Chen, burning holes into his head but Chen acted as if he did nothing and started whistling. Sun-mi hid behind Lay’s shoulder some more, feeling uncomfortable again.

“Ayo I’m Kris~” He said waving at Sun-mi and giving her a small wave. Sun-mi peeked over at Kris and waved quietly.

There was still one more person who still haven’t introduced himself. He was near the back of the group with his head on the table and it seemed like he was taking a nap. Sun-mi couldn’t see his face, she only saw a mop of blonde curly hair. Kyungsoo had noticed also and turned to look at the sleeping boy.

“Ah. We forgot about Luhan.” He stated.

“YAH! LUHAN! WE HAVE A PERSON HERE!” Chen yelled, surprising Sun-mi and the other members.

The sleeping boy stirred in his seat before slowly lifting his head from the table. His eyes were barely open and face looked puffy from sleeping. From behind Lay’s shoulder, Sun-mi saw how innocent he looked.

“Mm?” He mumbled. He looked up and saw that everyone was staring at him. Then he spotted a girl behind Lay, looking right at him. He stared at her for a long while until he spoke.

“Who is that?” Sun-mi heard the angelic sound coming from his voice. He looked sweet and pure.

“This is Sun-mi! She’s my new friend!” Lay said happily. Luhan stared at Sun-mi with a blank expression.

“Hello, my name is Eun Sun-mi!” She said quickly and bowed. While her head was still down Sun-mi heard Luhan scoff.

“Tch. What a potato.”

A potato?!?!

Sun-mi straightened up immediately after hearing those words. Luhan wasn’t even looking at her anymore. Instead, he was on his phone texting someone. Sun-mi felt small frustration towards Luhan.

This guy!! And I just met him!!

Lay felt Sun-mi’s grip tighten on his sleeve. He turned his head to look at her and saw her sending glares at Luhan. Lay chuckled at how cute she looked when she was mad.

“Now, now. Let’s not set fires. Luhan can be a little rude, but only to new people. He won’t be like this forever.” Lay said. Sun-mi looked up at his words and stared at Lay’s calm, smiling face. She stared at his genuine eye smile and his cute dimple on his right cheek.

Lay smiled at everyone and then turned to look at Sun-mi. He caught her staring at him and when they eye contact, she didn’t turn away. Lay stared right back at Sun-mi and looked at how adorable she looked up close. Lay’s eyes wandered around from her round eyes, to her small nose and before he could go any further, a loud, obnoxious noise made it’s way into the cafe.

“We’re hereeeee~” Baekhyun sang as he skipped into the room. Lay turned towards Baekhyun and the others as they were entering through the doors. Strolling in were Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Kai.

Chanyeol smiled at Sun-mi but then noticed her hold on Lay’s sleeve and how close their bodies were. Not only did Chanyeol see, but so did Sehun and Kai. Baekhyun realized Sun-mi was in the room and saw how Chanyeol was looking at her. He jumped towards Chanyeol and linked their elbows together.

“Chanyeol and I bought hot chocolate for you guys!” Sun-mi was taken back from how friendly Baekhyun was to Chanyeol. When Sun-mi looked at Baekhyun, she found him smirking at her with an evil glint in his eyes.

Why is he-

“Hi Sun-mi!” Kai said, greeting her with a bright smile. Sun-mi looked at Kai and gave him a small smile.

“Sorry I couldn’t walk with you after school, I had to…” He rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed. “I had to retake a test.” Kai felt ashamed that he had to take a test again because he failed the first one. He thought Sun-mi would think he was dumb, but to his surprise, Sum-mi didn’t think so.

“It’s okay. Not everyone is smart…” She said quietly.

“Except for Chanyeol!”

“And Kyungs-OW!”

“Don’t call me that.”

Sun-mi turned and looked at Chanyeol. He was standing with Baekhyun while they were taking out all the hot chocolate they bought.

“Chanyeol?” She asked. He does look like the smart type.

“Yeah! Chanyeol’s number one!” Chen cheered. Chanyeol continued taking out the drinks but then spoke.

“I am not number one.” He argued.

“Seems to me like you’re jealous.”

“I’m not! It’s just that if there’s no number one, why don’t they just make me number one.”

Sun-mi was confused.

“No number one?” She asked. What does that mean?

Chanyeol sighed. “It’s our school’s ranking chart. Number one is always empty because it’s only for that one person who got a perfect score. And because no one in our school had made a perfect score, there’s no name printed there.”

“Chanyeol’s number two because he always makes a 99.9!”

“Chen be quiet.” Kyungsoo demanded.

“NO! I love hot chocolate and you can't stop me from drinking all of these!”

Sun-mi pondered on that statement for a moment while Chen and Kyungsoo argued in the back. Chanyeol has always been number two because nobody was number one.

Poor number one spot...must be lonely.

Sun-mi looked up at Chanyeol and found him smiling at her. She was just so cute! How could he not look at her?

Sun-mi blinked at Chanyeol. It was just now that Sun-mi had realized how large Chanyeol ears were.

A fairy!? She suddenly thought.

Everyone in the room fell into an awkward silence after there was nothing to talk about. (Except for Chen singing "Chandelier" while drinking one hot chocolate after another.) Kai saw Sun-mi and Chanyeol looking at each other and felt extremely uncomfortable clearing his throat, and getting the attention of Sun-mi.

"So, um, have you met everyone already?" He asked.

"Yeah! Everyone introduced themselves to Eun-mi!" Lay said happily.

"I honestly don't think it was necessary to introduce ourselves to that potato." Luhan scoffed.

"Potato?", four people questioned in unison. Chanyeol, Kai, Baekhyun, and Sehun wondered why Luhan had just called her a potato. Baekhyun started laughing at the new name while the other members looked at Sun-mi for her reaction.

Sun-mi's face was red and her cheeks were puffed as she shot daggers at Luhan. He just continued drinking his hot chocolate, ignoring Sun-mi's looks.

"I don't think Sun-mi and Luhan got off at a good start..." Lay sighed.

Sehun stood on the side and watched how Luhan interacted with Sun-mi by calling her a vegetable. Anyone could see that she had smoke blowing from her ears and cheeks burning with fire.

 

Is this guy serious?!?!

Sun-mi was silently raging at how rude Luhan was being. He was being arrogant, conceited, and most of all, he spoke in a haughty tone! This is why she has a problem with talking to people. This is why she has a problem with making new friends. Some people are crazy!

Sun-mi would go on and on, she would, she definitely would, but she didn't.

Maybe it was because she was tired and hungry.

Maybe it was because the room suddenly became quiet.

Or maybe, it was the fact that someone had made their way across the room, circled their long arms around Sun-mi and turned her away from Luhan while he gently held her head against his chest.

"Luhan hyung, please don't be mean to Sun-mi like that."

 

 

 

I am so sorry for not updating in so long! I tried really hard to write this chapter and go somehwere without it sounding horribly written, but I'm not the best writer so it came out really awkward. I am warning you guys right now that updates will be slow!! The next update might take a while and I'm really sorry for that, but thank you for all your support! Your comments inspire me to conintue writing, even if I'm in the restroom.

Last Chapter Question: You guys were ALL right! Yay!! My favorite ship is Baekyeol and if you call it Chanbaek I may or may not look at you differently. To me, Baekyeol sounds more...cute? idk.

Question of this chapter: Who do you think hugged Sun-mi in the end? Tune in next time to find out who this casanova is.