Her Voice

EXO At It's Finest

 

          Kai was surprised when the girl fainted in his arms. He’s seen this happen before, but it usually happened with Baekhyun or Xiumin. Earlier that day, Baekhyun eye-smiled at two classmates that stopped by. They both fangirled and passed out. And during their lunch break, a client tried to sneak a picture of Xiumin, but he knew better and threw her a side glance, smirking through the process. If anything, Kai felt good knowing that he’s becoming more popular nowadays.

          “Man! This is the third time today!” Suho announced. Some of the waiters rush to the Kai holding the girl. While he was holding her head, he sat down so that he was sitting criss-crossed. He gently laid her head down in his lap. Kai examined her facial features. She wasn’t an ulzzang nor was she absolutely hideous. She was just plain looking, but she did have her highlights. Her hair was tied into a ponytail, yet Kai could easily tell that she had silky hair.

          Chanyeol came out from the kitchen holding a wet towel.

          “Hey I heard someone fainted again, isn’t that the third time today? Wah~ That’s a new record!”

          “Chanyeol. Can you please hand over the towel?” Kai said, adjusting her head to make it more comfortable for her.

          Kai took the cold towel and lightly applied it to her forehead and face. Every girl in the room was envious, but they were also fangirling over the romantic scene. After handing Kai the towel, Chanyeol noticed that his shoes were untied, so he bent down to fix them. When Chanyeol was done, he stood up and dusted himself off, turning his head to look at the girl. That was when he finally saw the girl’s face. Chanyeol did a double take when he saw the familiar features.

          “OH! NEIGHBOR!” Chanyeol yelped. Everyone in the room looked up at Chanyeol, wondering why he suddenly screamed. Even Kai was curious as to Chanyeol’s outburst.

          “IS SHE OKAY?! WHEN DID SHE GET HERE?!” He knelt down and held her head in his hands. Kai looked at Chanyeol skeptically and gently pried Chanyeol's hands off her.

          “Chanyeol, do you know her?” Chen asked after being at the scene for some time. Chanyeol didn't tear his eyes away from the girl in Kai's lap as he replied to Chen.

          “Yeah! She moved into the apartment right next to ours! I bumped into her this morning and helped with her boxes, but she ran away after I introduced myself. I think she's just shy.” Chanyeol slightly blushed at the memory and lowered his head so it would go unnoticed. Kai stared at Chanyeol. He definitely saw him blush, but he didn't say anything.

          “Do you know her name?” Kai asked. He wondered if her and Chanyeol's conversation had gotten far enough to know each other's names.

          “Sadly, no. She didn't even say anything,” Chanyeol pouted. Somehow Kai felt relieved. He didn't even know the girl, but he felt uncomfortable with the idea of her and Chanyeol becoming close.

          Just as Suho was about to scold everyone for not working, the girl's eyes started to open. She squinted due to the bright lighting above her and then slowly blinked twice before fully opening her eyes.

 

          The first thing Sun-mi did was check her surroundings. And in front of her was the waiter from earlier. He seemed to be looking down at her and that's when she realized that she was laid down onto the floor. She immediately sat upwards and stared at everyone around her. Amongst the small crowd, she seemed to have only recognized one person.

          “NEIGHBOR! ARE YOU OKAY?! ARE YOU HURT?! WHAT'S MY NAME? No, wait. WHAT'S YOUR NAME?!” And that one person she recognized was currently interrogating her in a very loud voice.

          “Chanyeol, she just woke up, I don't think she's ready to answer your quick questions. Let's get her seated first.”  Suho said.

          “Oh! Right!” Chanyeol jumped to his feet and Kai followed suit. It was then at that moment two different hands were offered to Sun-mi, who was still sitting on the ground.

          She stared at both hands, but wasn't comfortable with the sudden skin ship so she decided to stand up on her own. The two hands were still in front of her, both waiting. She looked up at both owners of each hand.

          “I'll bring you to your table.” They both said in unison. Everyone in the room turned to both waiters. Chanyeol and Kai simultaneously glared at each other for offering their hands. The tension in the room quickly rose.

          “I met her first.” Chanyeol said, not letting his guard down.

          “She's my costumer.” Kai retorted, also not giving up. This went on for a few moments until Chanyeol slowly dropped his arm to his side.

          “Fine. She's yours for now, but just you wait, Kim Jongin. Just. You. Wait.” Chanyeol walked away but not before giving Kai the I'm-watching-you gesture.

          Kai smiled in victory before turning towards Sun-mi. He held out his hand more confidently and smiled at her. Sun-mi was still hesitant.

          “Don't worry. I don't bite.” He encouraged her. She raised her hand slightly, but then put it down again and shook her head. Kai's smile faltered, but he quickly fixed it. He brought both his hands behind his back and grinned.

          “Well then, your table's this way miss.” Kai lead her to her designated spot and when she sat down, he handed her the menu.

          “I'm Kai and si there anything you'd like drink first?” Kai said, pulling out the ordering sheet and a pen. It just now occurred to Kai that he hasn't heard her spoken yet. And neither has Chanyeol. As Kai was waiting for Sun-mi's order he looked around the café to see if he could find Chanyeol. And there he was, cleaning the table right next to the one they were currently at. Kai could see that Chanyeol tried not to make it obvious that he was eavesdropping, but Chanyeol made it pretty obvious.

          Sun-mi eyed the beverages on the menu. All the drinks seemed nice, but all she really wanted was water. She looked up the waiter, ready to order, but when she made eye contact, she panicked and looked back down again.

          Kai waited patiently for her answer. He remembered Chanyeol saying something about her being shy. Kai turned over to look back at Chanyeol, but now he was sitting in the chair right behind Sun-mi. Chanyeol peeked over his shoulder and when he saw Kai looking at him he quickly turn away, acting like nothing happened. Kai shook his head and looked back at the girl who still had her head down.

          “Wa...water, please.” She said in a hushed tone.

          And at that moment, at the sound of the most angelic voice, two hearts began beating rapidly.

 

 

 

Thank you to everyone who gave positive feedback! I was so unsure if the first chapters were even that good and so I didn't post them.

I actually write a few chapters ahead of time, but I keep editing, and revising them so I don't post them until I feel like it's worth reading. 

Subscribe, comment and vote! ( But that's not a demand, so it's okay if you don't.)