Apartment 243

EXO At It's Finest

          She looked up at the rows of apartments above her as she struggled to hold the stack of 2 boxes in her arms. She scanned the building from left to right, reading the numbers carved into the golden plate of each door.

          Okay. Apartment 243…243…

          She was just about to move to the next row of apartments when the weight of both boxes decreased in her arms. For a moment she thought she must have dropped the top one, but when she looked around to expect a fallen box, she was surprised to find a young man holding one of her boxes.

          He was tall, thin, had impressive hair, and was overall attractive. Also with the way he was grinning at her with those big glasses he had on, he looked a bit dorky in that matter.

          “Hi! I’m Chanyeol! I was just on my way back from hanging with my friends and I was walking towards my apartment when I saw you struggling with these boxes. Why are you carrying so much anyways? Oh hey! Are you moving in? I wonder if we’re going to be neighbors… What’s your apartment number? Maybe I can help show…”

          And it was that moment that Sun-mi realized that someone was talking to her. She was too busy watching this good-looking person speak at an unbelievably fast level that she forgot about moving in. By this time, the young man was still talking and the more he was talking the more Sun-mi felt that familiar feeling of anxiety.

          She was starting to breathe more rigidly and her heart wouldn’t beat at a regular pace. For the past minute or two she was staring at this man in front of her but now she couldn’t maintain eye contact.

          Chanyeol, of course, started noticing that the girl in front of him was acting abnormal all of sudden. He saw her face become flushed and she was breathing heavily. A moment ago she was staring at his face but now her eyes darted to the wall and floor. If anything, Chanyeol thought he might have said something that cause her to be like this.

          “Hey, you okay? Did I say something wrong? I’m sorry if I said something that hurt your feelings.” Chanyeol bent down a little so that his face was leveled with hers.

          Right when he bent down to speak to her she suddenly shut her eyes tight and ran right passed him. Chanyeol watched as the girl he was just speaking to disappear into one of the building’s doors that was labeled ‘243’ and then shut it loudly.

          “But…you forgot your things…” He mumbled as he stared at the items inside the box.

 

          She honestly didn’t intend to slam the door the way she had and she knew she had to go back and apologize. She sighed and stood up from resting on the door. She started unpacking the things from the box when she remembered that the boy in the hallway still had her other box. She rushed to the door but then stopped herself from randomly opening the door.

          What if he’s still out there? What if he took the box with him?!

          She quietly opened the door and peeked her head through the space between the door and wall. She looked downward and saw her box containing her property, sitting calmly in front of her doorstep. She noticed a post-it note attached to it and bent down to read it.

          “I guess we’re neighbors! My friends and I are right next door, so if you need anything we're here! Oh! And here’s you’re things…you forgot to bring this in with you. Haha, it’s okay. I forget a lot of things too! I hope we can become really good friends! ^.^”

 

 

 

 

So this is the first chapter! I know it's kind of short.  The plot didn't necessarily start, so I apologize, but it will start in the next chapter and I will try to make it longer. This chapter is suppose to show her character and how her disorder effects her. 

I just want to say thank you to those first 6 subscribers! It really means a lot to me! 

Don't forget to show your support by subscribing, voting, and commenting!