PM [1]

perfect Mark

 

“ a pack of cigarette please.. “ Mark said after few sighs slipped outta his lips. He regretted that he had to play an act as a loser in front of some girls just because he felt sorry for his classmate. Yeah, he stood up for you.

 

“ I want to smoke, go and buy cigarette for me now “

Mark clearly heard a girl’s command since he was on school’s open rooftop in his break lunch. It’s not like it’s his first time listened to many bully cases near his rest area but he just happened to see you, his new classmate which came yesterday. Well, it’s not like he cared about you but suddenly his curiosity up and he stood to peek who was being bullied around and he happened to match his eyes with yours. He just had no idea how could a target of bullying lifted up head to the sky freely just to look around. When he just stepped a back, he could listen to some girls who felt insulted by your attitude, looking up to the sky when someone is talking to you. He could hear you sighed in pain then he decided to just walking down and showed up.

“ I – I’ll buy the cigarette “, suddenly he came up behind the crowded. The leader shifted her eyes from looking at you who being pushed to the ground into Mark’s direction. She let a smirk flashed on her pretty face. “ who are you ? “ , she asked, still remained cool in her place. Other girls hand left from your body when you still sat on the ground.

“ I – I am her classmate “, he said with his finger pointed to you. You smiled. You actually recognized him from the very first time you came to school since his style is pretty freak. He had those glasses on, uniform pants up passed his hip with his upper shirt went under it but his hair color is red, (may be it’s only you could notice) he had those traces of piercing on his ears, he also had a great posture which is tall. Moreover, he sat and walked properly which far from loser forms. This is your first time listening to his voice but it’s kinda refreshing voice, he just stuttered.

“ y—you are ? “ , the leader mocked then followed by other girls laughter. She walked closer to him which made you ran from your seat to Mark’s side since you arrived late to stand in front of him and be his barrier. You held his right hand and he remained in staring battle with the leader. No, his eyes isn’t like offending the leader, it’s some stupid’s glares from his continues blinking eyes.

The leader smirked. “ so, do you want to buy a cigarette for me ? “ , she asked, sounds challenging. He quickly nodded one time. “ okay then, go ahead.. buy me one “, she smiled then turned her head. “ I’ll be waiting here.. “, she added.

Before you and Mark turned your head to the opposite direction, you could feel how he tightened his hold on you.

 

“ Thanks.. “, Mark said after a pack of cigarette landed on his grip. He sent you back to class before he managed to buy what he needed to buy. He kept telling you that he’s okay and begged you to back to the class and convinced you in a very nice and cute way that he’ll be alright.

Mark rechecked his appearance before he went to meet the leader which happened to be a super pretty girl from 2nd grade. He walked slowly to her direction who still focused on to her phone. There’s no one around her, only her.

“ h—here “, Mark tried his best to sound natural. He practiced it many times, how could he didn’t.  The girl in front of her lifted up her head then looked at him. Slowly but sure, she formed a smile on her face then took what the younger guy tried to pass him.

“ thank you “, she said then took a cigarette from its pack, ready to light a lighter.

“ n – nevermind “ , he tried his best to smile, the weakest smile one so he could look so fragile and so loser. Actually he didn’t want to say anything as a respond but he knew what he must and musn’t do if he wanted to keep living like that till the last time of his study in this high school.

“ the – then I’ll excuse myself “, he said and saw a nod as a reply so he turned his body to make a way out but he managed to hear the leader said, “ are you climbing the wall to get this ? awesome “, then giggled.  He was too tired to reply so he just played like he didn’t hear anything. It’s not like the leader said a lie when the only way to get cigarette is climbing the wall since there’s no one in this school sell one and that exactly what he did.

[]

 

 

 

Mark walked to his home care freely like how another high school boy went back after school. His home already filled with many people. Yeah, his mom just started a business in their home. He flashed a smile, felt so happy that the more day the more people. He saw how his mom, dad, her sisters and brother there. Doing things together means happiness for him that’s why his steps are getting light and he ran to his room upstairs to change his clothes, wore his cap (in case his high school friend came to his place) then ran straight down to the crowded.

“ here you are, Mark.. “ his bro passed him a note and a pen.

“ thank you, “ he said then walked to his serving arena which is in the side right, substituting his older sister who needs to get ready for her class while his younger bro went back to his work. Few hours later the crowded slowly changed. Mark managed to sit beside his younger bro while waited for the foods to be done by the chefs.

“ finally .. “, his bro nudged his arm playfully. He answered with his eyebrows up both, confused with his bro’s sudden playful act. The younger shifted his eyes to a certain direction then followed by Mark. Mark couldn’t hide his surprised expression when he looked to his bro’s eyes direction. He happened to match your eyes (again) when you just put a mandu to your mouth then munched it. He quickly turned his gaze down then repositioned his head.

“ there’s someone in your school who loves your nowadays style “, his brother mocked then took a food which just arrived and happened to be the table he served then left. Mark wondered how could he didn’t notice your existence in this place. He walked to serve the food then realized that you sat on his bro serving area. He didn’t even lift up his eyes anymore to your direction and it seemed like you pretend like you didn’t see him and left. He kinda happy that you didn’t talk to him in the rush hour.

“ Mark.. come here ~ “

Mark quickly washed his hand after cleaning the dishes then ran in happily to her mom who just called him. “ money moneeyy~ “, he sing song when he managed to sit beside her mom. It’s his lil bro in across the table.

“ here you are… and eat that “ his mom referred to a box of cake which placed on the table.

“ this’s from your friend”, she added while opened the box,” and I just realized that the place to buy this cake is an hour from this district and she said she just bought it today “ she said in disbelief while pointed out the address from the box. Mark heard it then laid his body on a long seat beside him, lazily put his forearm on his face while closed his eyes. He recalled the time when he looked at you got down from a limousine with your casual outfit. He clearly could see your face with your typical sweet smile. It was the same scene he had recalled when you first introduced yourself in front of his class as a new transferred student and you seemed so ordinary to be someone who got down from a luxury limousine. Even your name sounded familiar to him and with the cake which just shown up in front of him, it was like all the threads which seemingly went to a line about you were getting straight.

“ she came from a filthy rich family”, he said which caused his bro widened his eyes. “ really ???” Mark just answered it with a hum.

“ but she doesn’t look like one “, his mom added, started to munch some delicious breads. His bro nodded in agreement. “ she looks so ordinary “, his bro marked. Mark sighed in agreement. That’s what exactly he had in mind when he met you for the first time.

“ but she is cute “, his bro added.

Mark sighed while shook his head a bit then sat straight. He took a slice of bread provided.. It’s just, “ there are bunch of pretty girls in my school and she’s just one of them “. He shook his head not because of disagreement with his bro’s word about you. There are so many pretty girls in his school and no one hitting on you on your first appearance was the proof that you are just the ordinary type.