PM [4]

perfect Mark

 

Meeting Mark in every lunch time is just like habit in ten consecutive days. You would bring your lunch to the rooftop so did him. You sat beside him and rest your head on his shoulder as you played your pen between your fingers then the other hand held a book filled with physics tasks. Rather than having your lunch with Mark, you always used your lunch time to learn much from him. You wrote down a number then said, “ is it like this ? “

He hummed then gulped his last bite then took your note from you. You kept your eyes on your note. Mark evaluated your tasks detailed for each lines on it. When he came to an end of your result, his smile grew wide, “ oo.. you did well “ He moved his head a bit to look at your face. You lifted your head up by putting your chin on his shoulder and kept your eyes on his. He nodded with his eyesmile then added, “ you really did well “ he passed your note back. You took it then stood up and made your own celebration. You jumped here and there then to another place then jumped then let out a slight weird dance. Mark just shook his head a bit then smiled.

“ Choi Min Hee..  come here.. “, he said as he took your lunch box, ready to place the leftover on your box to a spoon.

As you heard your name being called, you came over him. Rechecked your note with those unbelievable expressions and smiled proudly to yourself. It took 10 days for you to do many types of questions for the subject given. You opened your mouth when you realized a spoon was getting closer to you. You ate all from the spoon then Mark wrapped your box for you.

“ Thank you, Mr. Mark ! “ you closed your book as you looked at him who still busy with the messy boxes around him. You could see his smiles on him still appear as he moved his hands here and then. You could see the happiness through his face, Well in fact, he is so happy that you could finish 5 various questions he made for you for practice. After he collected all the ready to be thrown boxes on his arms, he stood, “ ja—it’s time to go back “. He flashed a smile. You stood as well then put your notes to your pocket. He was ready to move when you took his upper arm to make him stopped walking. You took his fake glasses from his pocket then put it to him. Once you checked you put it right, you smiled, “ you almost look awesome, Mr.Mark. “

He smiled. “ that’s a no no “ you playfully shook your head then took a box from him. “ Let’s Go go ssing ~ “  You walked first then followed by him.

[]

You stood in front of Mark’s hasn’t opened yet home and fix your uniform. Mark didn’t let his hands to open the door until he made sure you were ready. His hand still on his pockets and once you finished rechecked your own self, you lifted your head to see him.

“ are you ready ? “ he asked, smiled which you replied with slight nod. You were so between what’s called nervous and excited. Today could be the first day he officially introduced you to his family. He opened the door and waited for you to fully in then both of you walked to his mom direction which still so busy prepared her spot. You could slightly notice 2 men inside and Mark’s mom only, didn’t really can make sure whether there still some persons left.

“ oh Mark.. you came early ~ “, his bro sing sang as he kept on arranging tables and chairs.

“ it’s exam days.. many times left after 2 subject exams on the day “, Mark replied as he kept interlacing his hand with yours toward his mom’s direction. She stopped her work and only let a smile painted on her lips when she noticed that her son already stood in front of her with a girl in his hand. Mark let his fingers off from yours then slowly traced a way to behind his neck. He felt so awkward after the last time he dated someone he’s gonna introduce you as his girl.

“ It’s Min Hee, my girlfriend and she loved to help things here before we studied together “

Mark had no idea how to say things right when all he could think of was just straight to the points. Tomorrow is going to be your both math’s first exam and you were really bad at it and Mark voluntarily wanted to study with (teach maybe) you. You were so glad when you just finished listening to his proposal of studying together since you were so lack on the subject but then the next problem occurred which could only be safe by you waited for him in his home, waiting for a tiny lil free time.

“ Ah.. “ his mom nodded in understanding then looked at you and Mark in turn then said, “ If the situation started to turn calmer, just go study ahead with her don’t even bother to be in 1st floor, okay ? “ she smiled to Mark’s direction which he replied with a relieved smile then she turned to throw you the same smile which you replied with nods and , “ thank you Mam.. “

The first hour was so busy that you ran here and there and sweats started to run around your forehead and neck.You were so happy that you could talk to many people, tried your best to make em satisfied, sometimes joking around with the customers so they wouldn’t feel bored while waiting for the foods.You also played with some kids around there, you were having so much happy time.

Mark was waiting for the foods to be served to the customer when it happened to be his bro was doing the same. “ I thot someone said she  isn’t pretty “, his bro chuckled teasingly.

Mark remembered well why his bro like that. He only let a small smile out then kept his eyes on you, again. “ I remember I didn’t say she isn’t pretty but there are a lotta pretty girls in my school and she considered as the ordinary one. “

Mark turned his head to see his bro in his right side kept staring at you. “ Don’t look at her like that, silly “ he said then took the food which just ready to the table he got responsible at. Once he’s done, he walked to his mom to ask permission to leave since the situation wasn’t too crowded anymore. Your eyes followed him when he walked to his mom when you just put another customer order on the table to be proceed and you were going to wait for a ready to be served food. Then there Mark stood in front of you, “ let’s go upstairs “  you turned your eyes to his mom to make sure whether it’s really okay. You found she smiled then slightly nodded. You bowed at her then followed Mark’s hand which circled around your wrist. Once you arrived upstairs, you could see a big TV screen placed in front of a table and a big sofa. You thought you will just study there until Mark dragged you to another place. He opened a door then revealed a neat room in it with a bed bunk, a mirror in the corner of the room, a clean study table and well arranged books. You walked inside without you could even notice your action. You just feel it was so comfy to be inside his room.

Mark walked inside while looked at you who still kept your eyes around his room. He chose some math books which related to each other then placed it on a mini table in the center of his room. When you happened to pass him and planned to look more around he caught you by your wrist. You fell your eyes on him who already sat down in front of the table then smiled, “ what are you doing suddenly like an inspector.. “, you could only threw him a smile since his words were true.

“ sit down.. “ , he smiled while his head  pointed to place across the table. You formed an OK shape with your thumb and index fingers.

“ sorry, ssaem “ you said as you sat down properly, facing him.You both smiled to each other then fell into study section. Mark opened his door widely so he could be more focused in teaching you. He kept telling you to ask him if you got stuck in some questions. After doing various kinda questions with him, he decided to give you last paper with 5 questions.

“ those questions probably out as pre-stealing point “

You took a paper from him then looked at the 5 questions on it. You lifted your head in confusion, tried to find the exact meaning of pre-stealing point. You could only see him flashing smile when he tidied up the table. When he finished placed some papers down beside the table, he lifted his head to match his eyes with yours.

“ usually miss Kim will just gave some spaces for us to steal starting point just in case we didn’t really do well in exam. Not many people take this chance and usually those who are smart keep leading “ he kept his eyes on you, straight, “ I wish you could steal point and show em  that you are a potential threat “, he smirked.

You scanned the questions again. It’s quiet different with the earlier questions you did  with Mark. Your concentration in scanning the questions got interrupted when you could feel Mark stood up from his original seat then started to say, “ Imma help downstairs .. wont be long, pinky promise and just do those first without me “ he managed to say before he left the room. All you could do was nodding your head then looked at the clock right few centimeters up from the mirror. You took your pen after realizing that time is surely flying away. It’s already ten past eight. It’s not right to stay for too long in Mark’s house so you started to finish some questions on the paper given.

[]

Mark really didn’t take a long time before he got back to his room again to find you placed your head on his table while your hand holding in to a pen. He could only flash a smile then walked closer to your direction with some cookies and water on his tray. He placed it slowly on ground beside the table then looked at you closely. He looked at the sheet right under your hands and saw you almost finish the last number. He took it and took a good look at it, corrected it in every line on it. He was satisfied that till the last you wrote, you almost got the correct answer for the last number as well. He was thinking about how right was his brother about a cute you. You just look so adorable in his eyes, like an angel. He couldn’t forget every smiles you formed whenever you were with him. Just all perfect and oddly shining. He reached his finger out and placed it carefully on your cheek. He quickly took his finger out when he felt you slightly moving. You opened your eyes slowly to look at him smiling to you.

“ sorry, I disturbed you “, he sounds so apologetic. You fluttered your eyelids many times tried to grasp the whole situation.

“ I fellasleep “ you managed to say then took a near sheet to your grip then checked how far you ve done it. You ruffled your hair when you realized you haven’t finished the last number. “ ah—I haven’t finished it yet

Mark smiled when he saw you focused back to your paper task. He put a glass beside your paper. “ drink this first, do the last number then I’ll accompany you back “, he smiled, you nodded. He put himself sat properly beside you with his legs folded, started to play with papers scattered beside you and took a pencil from your case. He tried to scribble anything he could there while waiting for you.

You rechecked your paper then passed it to him then took the glass provided by him. While water gilding down your throat, Mark checked your last number since he already checked the rests.

“ how ? “ you asked, wished for a good news escaped from his lips. You personally thought that you were improving a lot. You recalled your mom’s words of meeting a right teacher. Mark turned his head to see you then messed your hair a bit.

“ awesome “, he said which made your heart flattered, “ I think you can get full points “, he added. You smiled listening to his words then you took a cookie there, not far from your glass.

“ thank you “, you expressed your gratitude toward him thru those 2 words. Actually you had no idea what to say, anymore to express your gratitude to him. He helped you, a lot.

You walked hand in hand with Mark, passed streets together. He insisted on escorting you back on foot since it’s like only 5 blocks away from him. That’s how he happened to meet you when you just arrived in front of your grandma’s house when he just finished buying few things in the market. The only way to go to market is passing your grandma’s house. He took you closer then put your hand which was hold well by his hand on to his coat’s pocket. Such a sweet act of boyfriend he just applied to you. You turned your face to see him hung his head low, playing with his own lips, pouting it then no and repeated it all over again. You smiled, he’s so cute. You suddenly recalled how his mom scolded him a lil because of his sudden idea about escorting you back home on foot around this time. She said what a boyfriend he is letting his girl walking few meters in this time. You couldn’t forget how he was pretty shocked with his mom’s words but then you just agreed it anyway. You thought it will be just romantic, walking thru the streets in the night which companied by so many shining stars on it.

Mark turned his face to look at you focused on the street while looking at your own steps and flashing a smile. Your smile was like an automatic smile button to him. He recalled how he didn’t think more about walking with you since he could just perfectly captured the scene of walking together with you which will be just fun and nice. He didn’t expect that his mom will react like how unbelievable is my son letting his girl walking to pass 5 blocks which means more than just  few 5 meters. It just make sense and he remained himself to be more careful about any ideas about he could be pass with you. He was more than happy to see your smile and how you didn’t see walking as burdening and tiring thing.

You and Mark stopped walking at the same time when you both realized that you stood right in front of the destination. You walked slowly to his front, freeing your hand from him then smiled , “ thank you “

Mark just answered it with a smile since he has heard your thanks for many times today.” Go in .. it’s cold. “ he slowly letting your hands off from him. He smiled looking at you. You raised your thumb on and made your way to the gate.

“ don’t you want to come in ?” you signed your thumb in towards your home direction.

“ it’s late, may be next time “ he smiled, “ go in “ he added, gestured his hand to your door direction then hurriedly put his hands on to his pocket. You flashed him your last smile then closed the door.

After exchanging talks with your aunt and grandma, you walked to your room then ready to go sleep. You laid your head on your bed sheet then took your note from your pocket then re-read everything in it then took your pen to open some pages from your math books then did some exercise there before drove safely to your dreamland.