3.

Just An Ordinary Person

After eating our close to midnight snack, we walked around a little bit more. I was still embarrassed from the incident that happened earlier. Being the quiet and prideful person I am, I didn't have the guts to even acknowledge that it happened. Jackson, however, wasn't shy to bring it up and I was thankful for that.

"Don't worry about what happened earlier. No one else saw it and I know you were just trying to help," Jackson said.

"You didn't have to eat the spicy food," I said.

"I needed to show you my manliness!" 

"Anyways, I think I have to head back to my apartment now. I have class in the morning," I said with a chuckle.

Jackson nodded and we headed towards the exit. My apartment actually wasn't too far from the mall, so we just had to walk a bit more. Once I arrived in front of the building, he bid me goodnight and made sure I got in alright. I saw him walk off towards the nearest bus stop and I felt a pang of loneliness.

I wish we were able to spend more time together, Jackson.

Wait, what? I only spent one day with him. Not even a day actually. I need to get my head on straight.

That night I had a hard time falling asleep and that did not turn out well for me in the morning. I woke up late and got to class late. The day only seemed to get worse when the coffee shop was jam packed. 

I don't do too well under pressure and all the customers weren't exactly helping. I kept on getting their orders wrong and people started getting mad at me. I wanted to cry. Finally the crowd started to die down when another employee came to help me. 

Closing time came and just then Jackson walked in. "You can't order anything now. We're about to close," I said wearily. 

"Did you have a hard day today?" he asked.

I nodded and explained everything to him. When I was just about finished Jackson told me to sit down and I did just that.

"Don't worry. I'm sure tomorrow will be better. We can hang out again if you want," he said.

"But what about your practices? Won't you get in trouble? I couldn't live with myself if you got in trouble because of me," I said while looking at him. 

"Tomorrow I just have dance and vocal practice and that usually doesn't take too long. I should be finished by 4PM," Jackson said while shrugging.

"Are you sure you won't get in trouble?" I questioned firmly.

"The question is will you get in trouble? You have work and school."

"I get out of school at three, but I have work tomorrow," I said.

"Well, we can go out now, if that works better."

"Yeah. Just let me finish up real quick."

-------

We both agreed on going to the park. I suggested that we play Tag since that was one of my favorite games next to Hide and Seek. I know that it's sort of childish, but I love those games. The playgroud looked like a mini fortress and had plenty of places to run and hide around.

In order to decide who would be the Tagger, we played Rock, Paper, Scissors. Jackson ended up being the Tagger and we began the game. He gave me a five second head start I took off for the outskirts of the playground. I heard running behind me and made some sharp turns to hopefully throw him off. When that didn't work I ran up the stairs to go down a slide and then hid in one of the tubes. 

I heard Jackson come closer and ran off again while laughing and that made it really difficult to run. Jackson caught  up to me and I feigned death by laying on the groud when he came over to check on me beacuse I wasn't chasing him. 

"Hey! You're the one who suggested this game. What are you doing laying on the ground? You'll get sick."

When I didn't respond he just walked away and I stealthily got up and jumped on his back.

"You're It!" I said while running off again and laughing.

"YA!" (from Real Got7)

-------

After we had worn ourselves out with different games, we decided to get some patbingsoo. The weather was just perfect and we were in high spirits from playing around earlier. 

"You know I've never had patbingsoo," I told him.

"Neither have I. I guess this will be a first for both of us then," Jackson said back.

It was delicious and refreshing after running around. When we finished that, Jackson told me that GOT7 was going to have a showcase for their comeback soon.

"I want you to come, so I'm going to see if I can get you a backstage pass. Make sure you request off for work on that day, okay?"

Jackson said that he had to leave because he had practice soon. I said bye and told him to work hard.

I got up from the table we were sitting at in the patbingsoo shop and left. I started walking back to the playground we were at earlier and sat on the swings. I heard footsteps behing me and turned around to see Jackson just a few feet away from me with his hands in his pockets.

"I forgot to give something to you." He walked closer to me and told me to close my eyes. 

I felt a pair of arms envelope me briefly and looked down at the hands holding me. 

"I had a really great time today and wanted to thank you," Jackson whispered into my ear.