How To Train Your Duizhang

Yifan moved around constantly. Ever since what had happened with his prince, he couldn’t find it in himself to stay in the same place for more than a few days. Everything reminded him of Kyungsoo and time was doing the opposite of healing his wounds. He found himself hurtling towards a deep depression that he had no idea how to fix. His Kyungsoo didn’t want him around. He said that it would be easier if he was gone. So he was respecting his wishes.

        As the dragon was flying over…somewhere...(he didn’t really care that much anymore where he was going) he glanced toward the ground miles below him and froze. That looked like Kyungsoo. With someone else. The prince had moved on that fast? Did he not realize the connection that the two shared? Did he not care? Was he not feeling the intense loss that Yifan couldn’t seem to muscle his way past, no matter how strong his resolve? He decided to go and spy check it out.

        Yifan landed on the ground with a soft thud and slid behind some of the brush that surrounded the area where Kyungsoo was with someone else. Yifan growled internally at the small man and imagined fifteen ways of tearing him apart limb from limb. Shaking his head to clear it, Yifan quieted his breathing and listened to what the two were saying. The man was giving Kyungsoo pointers on how to become a better tracker, but even Yifan could tell that the prince was distracted. His gaze was locked on something in the distance, but his mind was miles away.

        “Kyungsoo? Are you okay?” the man asked.

        Kyungsoo jumped at the sound of his name. “Sorry, what?”

        “Are you okay?” the man tried again.

        “I’m fine, Minseok. Continue with what you were saying?”

        Yifan had never heard his prince so complacent and…defeated sounding. His heart ached at the thought of Kyungsoo in pain and wondered what it could be that was causing his prince distress. He vowed to vanquish whatever it was that was hurting his Kyungsoo so the prince could be happy again. Yifan decided that he would stay with the prince and watch over him, even if the prince had no idea he was there.

 

        That night Kyungsoo climbed into bed as usual, but something felt odd, different. He felt like he was being watched, but couldn’t pinpoint why. He shrugged and snuggled deeper into the blankets, ready for yet another fitful night of sleep.

        As usual, Kyungsoo awoke crying. The prince sat up in bed and wiped his hands angrily over his eyes. He hated feeling so weak and stupid but he really couldn’t help it. Kyungsoo swung his legs over the side of the bed to get a glass of water, but froze at a dark shadow that loomed close to the window of the room. Kyungsoo leapt over the other side of the bed, grabbing his bow, and landed with it aimed and ready on the other side.

        “Who are you?” Kyungsoo demanded.

        “Is it my fault that you’re sad?” Kyungsoo heard a deep voice whisper.

        Kyungsoo lowered his bow and straightened. “Yifan?” he asked. The shadow shifted uncomfortably and it took Kyungsoo all of two seconds to cross the room and launch himself at the dragon. Yifan stumbled backwards with the weight of his prince suddenly thrown at him and the two landed in a heap on the floor. Yifan could feel the prince shaking and soon felt that his shoulder was wet with Kyungsoo’s tears.

        “No, please don’t cry!” Yifan said quickly as he ran his fingers through the prince’s short, black hair. The prince’s shoulders shook as he continued crying and Yifan’s hands fluttered uselessly over the prince. He had no idea what to do to get the prince to stop crying. He finally wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo and held him close. After a while, the prince’s sniffles ceased and Kyungsoo cuddled into the dragon’s chest. He heaved a content sigh as Yifan began rubbing his back soothingly.

        “You’re not allowed to leave me,” the prince mumbled into Yifan’s shirt as his arms tightened their hold around the dragon.

        “But you said-“

        “I don’t care what I said,” Kyungsoo snapped. “You’re not allowed to leave. You belong to me.”

        Yifan’s face broke out into a huge grin and he continued holding his prince through the night.

 

        The next morning, Kyungsoo woke to the warmth of the dragon wrapped around him. He smiled as he sifted his fingers gently through the dragon’s dark hair as Yifan continued sleeping soundly. He smiled in his sleep at Kyungsoo’s touch and the prince leaned down to press a kiss to his nose. Yifan blinked slowly awake and gave Kyungsoo a blinding smile. 

        “Morning,” Kyungsoo said softly.

        “G’morning,” the dragon murmured sleepily. He stretched his arms over his head and whined when Kyungsoo landed a hard poke to his ribs. The prince continued poking the shrieking dragon, tickling him endlessly, and ended up on top of him, straddling his hips. Yifan stared at the prince wide-eyed and Kyungsoo leaned down to press his lips to Yifan’s. A rumbling began in the dragon’s chest and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile, breaking the kiss.

        “You’re silly,” Kyungsoo said, still smiling.

        Yifan shook his head with a pout.

        Before Kyungsoo could reply, the two were interrupted by a loud knock at the door. Kyungsoo wasn’t fast enough to tell the person to go away, so Chanyeol walked right into the room. The giant did a double take at the position the two were in, but a huge grin broke out onto his face.

        “Finally,” he muttered as he turned and shut the door behind him, but gave the two a sly wink as he disappeared through the entryway. Yifan gave the prince a confused look, but Kyungsoo didn’t care as he leaned down again to kiss the dragon. Yifan’s thoughts scattered immediately and the only thing his mind could process was that he was with Kyungsoo again. His Kyungsoo. And that’s how it would stay.

 

Cheesy ending is cheesy...

Anyway! Thank you guys so much for reading you're all amazing ^^ love you guys! *throws greasy hearteus*