How To Train Your Duizhang

Kyungsoo ran towards the giant and the dragon, ignoring his father’s protests. Yifan lay unconscious, but the crimson blade was shattered, the remnants scattered over the dragon’s torso. Chanyeol stood in a state of shock as Kyungsoo shoved him out of the way and began to dust off the remains of the blade.

        “It…shattered…” Chanyeol said slowly in a dismayed voice. He turned confused eyes to the king, looking for an answer. Wonshik looked equally as shocked, his eyes wide and jaw agape.

        “Yifan, wake up,” Kyungsoo said as he shook the dragon’s shoulders. “Come on, wake up for me.”

        Yifan’s eyes slowly opened and his eyes held absolute confusion. Then the dragon remembered what occurred and gave the prince a terrified look.

        “No, Yifan, it’s okay. I won’t let them hurt you,” Kyungsoo said gently as he ran his fingertips over the dragon’s cheek. “Don’t be afraid.”

        Yifan sat up straight and looked to Kyungsoo’s eyes as he started to move closer to the prince. Kyungsoo gave him a kind smile and Yifan threw his arms around the prince. He nuzzled his face in Kyungsoo’s chest and sighed contentedly.

        “Yifan,” Kyungsoo whispered as he pet the dragon’s hair softly. “Look at me.”

        The dragon shook his head and mumbled a quiet “no” into the prince’s chest.

        “Yifan,” the prince said, his tone more sharp than before. He felt Yifan cringe a little and slowly shift so that he could look at his Kyungsoo.

        “Let me see your chest,” the prince said quietly.

        Yifan shook his head and tried to back away, but Kyungsoo held him still.        

        “Come on,” Kyungsoo said encouragingly. “I won’t hurt you. I promise.”

        Yifan’s dark eyes slowly shifted toward the giant and the king still standing shell-shocked in the corner of the room.

        “Get out,” Kyungsoo barked at the pair.

        “I’m not going to-“ Chanyeol started.

        “Get. Out.” The prince’s glare was so dark that it looked like it came straight from the pits of hell.

        Defeated, the two sighed quietly as they turned to leave. Kyungsoo turned back to the dragon and gave him a kind smile.

        “They’re gone, now let me see.”

 

        A few hours later, Wonshik and Chanyeol made their way back towards the cell in the lowest level of the castle. When the pair walked in, they immediately saw that the prince and the dragon were fast asleep, limbs tangled together in a chaotic heap. The dragon’s long legs were draped over Kyungsoo’s and Kyungsoo’s head was buried in Yifan’s chest. Before either could wake them, Yixing came bustling into the room.

        “Sorry, Your Highness, but I need you and Mr. Park to leave, please,” the physician said, his tone leaving no room for arguments. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and followed the king out of the room.

        Yixing made his way over to the pair and placed gentle hands on Yifan’s and Kyungsoo’s arms. The dragon reacted immediately, sitting up quickly and pushing the prince behind his body as he tried to shield him from an attack. He snarled as Yixing reached out to touch his Kyungsoo.

        “It’s okay,” Yifan heard Kyungsoo mumble, his voice still groggy and thick from sleep. The prince let out a mighty yawn and stretched his arms out over his head. He instantly felt better as the tension left his exhausted muscles.

        Yifan snuggled up to the prince and wrapped his arms around him, caging his legs with his own. Kyungsoo smiled and leaned down, placing a light peck on the dragon’s forehead.

        “On your stomach, Yifan,” Yixing ordered. The dragon shook his head and whined, curling himself further into Kyungsoo’s body.

        “Come on,” Kyungsoo whispered as he pulled Yifan’s arm and made him lie on his belly. Yixing nodded and gave the prince a dimpled smile as he closed the distance between him and the two on the bed. The physician worked on untying the knots of the binds and Kyungsoo the dragon’s dark hair. A deep rumbling began in Yifan’s chest and Kyungsoo smiled at the dragon, realizing that he only did it when he was happy.

 

        After Yixing checked on the dragon’s wings and chest (there was no wound on his chest at all, actually, to the physician’s surprise), the king and prince’s keeper came into the cell. Wonshik heaved a sigh at the sight of the dragon still wrapped around the prince, but didn’t comment.

        “Kyungsoo,” the king said gently. “Please, until I trust him can we at least leave the collar on.”

        “He’s not going to hurt me,” Kyungsoo snapped in an annoyed tone.

        “I know that, Soo, but I would just feel better. It’s just for the time being,” Wonshik said softly.

        Yifan looked at Kyungsoo with wide eyes.

        “It won’t hurt. I’ll put it on loosely so it doesn’t brush against your neck,” Kyungsoo said reassuringly as he wrapped his arms around the dragon’s torso. Yifan was ecstatic. He let loose a huge grin and buried his face in the prince’s hair, the rumbling starting again in his chest.

        “You’re just like a kitten,” the prince muttered. He sounded annoyed, but Yifan could feel the smile against his chest.

       

        After a few weeks of the dragon staying chained inside the cell of the castle, Wonshik decided that the dragon was not an immediate threat and allowed the collar to be removed. Kyungsoo hurriedly dragged Yifan to his room and closed the door behind him. Yifan made his way to the window immediately. Kyungsoo followed and, in response to the longing look in Yifan’s eyes, opened it so the breeze blew into the room. A content smile spread across the dragon’s face.

        “You can go, you know?” Kyungsoo said softly, his eyes traveling along the expanse of the mountains that surrounded the castle. “I wouldn’t be mad.”

        Yifan looked at the prince with a hurt expression. “You want me to leave?” he asked quietly.

        “No, it’s not that. It’s just that it would be…easier…if you did. For both of us.”

        The dragon shook his head quickly, causing the tears pooling in his eyes to stream down his cheeks.

        “Don’t cry!” Kyungsoo said as he reached out to hug the dragon. Yifan took a step back, still shaking his head.

         “No, it would be easier for you if I was gone.” His voice cracked over a sob and he let his wings unfurl from his spine. In a split second, the dragon was gone, leaving a shocked prince in his wake.

 

 

 

Woo! Yifan's not dead! :D but now he's gone...sorry I keep doing this to you guys, but where's the fun in no drama? D: thank you so much for subscribing and commenting and upvoting it really means a lot to me! And I'll try and update this soon! :D zaijiaaaaaaaaaan~