THE DAY THEY SMILED AT ME

Omo... Go My Love!

CHAPTER 3

THE DAY THEY SMILED AT ME

 

It happened almost three months ago. I never meet my father almost nine months and it turned my whole days as disaster. I walked out from the coffee shop where I did my part time job to earn some living expenses. I have no family anymore. My father dumped me because of debts meanwhile my mother pass away when I was ten years old.

My family totally disappeared. But as much as my experience hurt me, I completely don’t’ care anymore. Until that day I meet Papa Rain. I saw he was waiting for me in front of the coffee shop that I worked. His not alone but he brought five other guys with him.

My hands shaken when I saw the agreement that he gave me. I recognized signature there. It’s belongs to my father. And I completely can’t deny about it. And that day I realized my father already sold me to him!

“Yaaa…Kim Jeong Rin. Wake up.” My eyes half opened when my ears caught a voice called my name. I saw Chundoong was staring at me while his hands shook my wrist. “Yaaaa… time for breakfast. Did you hear me?” He asked.

I nodded and hardly tried to get up. My headache totally killed me. I walked to the living room when my eyes saw Seungho and Joon was sitting on the couch waiting for me. They glared at me with big eyes while Mir who was out from the kitchen stopped from walking while staring at me.

“What’s wrong with you? No breakfast, no drink for us.” Mir walked near to me meanwhile his hands waving a mug that he brought from the kitchen.

“Sorry. I’m not feeling well today.” I told him.

“Really?” He smirked while he gazed at me. “You’re having too much fun with G.O last night?”

I completely shocked while my eyes were staring at him for a long time. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Did you just say that I’m…,”

“Cheap. That’s a suitable word for you.” Suddenly Seungho stood up for his seat. He was moving near to me and Mir. “I saw you and G.O outside this house last night. Where did you go with him?”

“Ask him. I don’t want to give any answer to you.” I stared at Seungho.

He laughed and grabbed my shoulder. “Jeong Rin… you’re slave but his my friend, my family. Even if he lied about last night, I will trust him. You want that happened to you?”

“What’s wrong with all of you?! Is torturing me will bring a fun to you? It’s a joke?” I completely exploded! My feet moved backwards. I saw them were staring at me. “It’s nothing happened. G.O was angry at me because he thought I tried to fool him. That’s it.”

“You want us to believe that?” Seungho asked.

“Trust me. I won’t lie to you.” My eyes glared at Seungho, Mir and Joon. All of them were looking and at me but I lost my word when I saw they shook their head. I took a deep breath when I feel my tears burst in my eyes. I tried so hard to hold it back. Damn! I don’t want to cry anymore! They will torture me more if they see my tears!

Joon went near to me and he bowed a little. I back off but his arms took hold my wrist and make me froze at the place I was standing. He lean his face near to me and his eyes glared at me. “You want to cry?”

“No.” I got my strength. I was confident with my answer.

“Why?” He was staring at me.

“You know what. I won’t let any of you bullied me anymore. My tears won’t help me. I’m not your slave.” I was staring at him back and at the same time I saw he smiled. He nodded his head and Seungho and Mir did the same. “You can do what you want. I don’t want to back off. I really mean it.” I pushed Joon shoulder and walked. But suddenly my feet stopped from walking and I turned. I stared at them and smiled. “I will totally enjoying my life here. This house not hell for me.” I continued. I shook my head, while my eyes moving to them one by one.

“We like to hear that. First rules, no tears.” Seungho smiled at me, slowly his smile widen. My eyes gaze at him, and then I saw Mir and Joon were smiling at me too. “Welcome to your new home, Kim Jeong Rin. You already pass your test.” Seungho was walking to me while his hand patted my shoulder. “Be tough. That’s the only way for you to survive in this world.”

I stared at Seungho. I already pass a test? What did he mean by that? Tough? Did them…

“She passes?” Out of nowhere Chundoong burst and ran to us. “Oh God… that’s great!” Chundoong laughed while he was messing up my hair. I looked at them with a weird feeling. What’s going on here?

 

Papa Rain was folding his clothes meanwhile I was helping him arranging his needs in the luggage. I heard he sighed while his eyes were looking at me. I smiled at him meanwhile his face expression not impressed me at all.

“Oppa… I really thought you hate me. It’s not true right?” I asked even my instinct can’t predict his answer to my question.

“I hate your father not you. His jerk and I want you to accept that fact.” He answered while his eyes glared at me. “I want you to remember Jeong Rin. You have your own role in this house. I want you to take care of them.”

“Why me?”

“You don’t have family. Your father dumped you, and I believe you can give full commitment to your new life. Stay with them. Don’t leave any of them.” He was reminded me.

I nodded. Suddenly my eyes started to tear. Quickly I wiped my tears. It was obvious when suddenly I heard Papa Rain said to me. “Don’t cry. Even you’re girl; tears will show your weakness. I want you to stay strong. This world is too harsh for us. Only the strongest will survive.”

I took a deep breath. His words make me realized something. His right! The reality of my life was too painful for me! I was looking at him when suddenly he touched my hair. For the first time I saw he smiled at me. I admitted his one of the guy with an adorable smile that I ever meet!