2/2

Will You Still Love Me?

Yixing was walking down the hallway when he saw Minseok. His heart stopped at the sight of him. The delicate being saw him and smiled lightly as he made his way to the piano room. Yixing always had a thing for Minseok. The way his eyes were shaped, his milky pale skin, his cheeks, everything that was Minseok made him happy. Minseok was his inspiration when he first got in the industry. He was always there to make the younger happy in his carrer. Yixing admired that kind side of Minseok. He barely saw the older nowadays because he was busy avoiding him. Luhan knew about Yixing liking Minseok and he had made it really clear that Minseok was his and would never be Yixing's. Since Luhan wasn't here, he decided to follow the other to the piano room. He saw Minseok press some keys as he was making a soft melody. Yixing stood by the door way as he watched the older randomly press keys to get started. Minseok was whining when he had the beat but pressed the wrong key, which made Yixing smile. He stayed by the door for so long his arm fell asleep. He was about to walk over to the older and help out when Minseok started to sing. Yixing  was wide-eyed as he watched Minseok's figure move.  

"I've seen the world
Done it all
Had my cake now
Diamonds, brilliant
And Bel Air now
Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child,
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?"

"I've seen the world, lit it up
As my stage now
Channeling angels in the new age now
Hot summer days, rock 'n' roll
The way you play for me at your show
And all the ways I got to know
Your pretty face and electric soul.
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?"

"Dear lord, when I get to heaven
Please let me bring my man
When he comes tell me that you'll let him in
Father tell me if you can
Oh that grace, oh that body
Oh that face makes me wanna party
He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?"

Yixing was amazed. He hasn't heard Minseok sing in years and now, the older has broken that silence. Minseok's panting was what brought Yixing out of his daze. He swallowed before nodding and opening his mouth.

"Yes I will."

Minseok's breath hitched as he heard a voice. He slowly turned his head around and found Yixing by the door.

"W-what?"

Yixing walked over to Minseok and hugged him.

"I said, I will still love you even if you aren't young and beautiful."

"Yixing-ah.."

"Hyung...I like you. Ever since the day we met. When you called me an angel as I first came in the company. When you would try and lift my spirits when I got depressed. When you praised me on the songs I wrote. All those times, all those things you would do made my feelings grow. When I realized that I liked you more than a hyung made me see the beauty in you. You beautiful almond shaped eyes. Your gummy smile. You soft pale skin. The way you would express how good something was or how good food tasted like. Everything you did made me love you even more."

Just when Minseok thought Yixing was done, he started again.

"But then...you stopped appearing and you barely left your dorm room. The only times you did were to do interviews or shows. I noticed all that. When I saw you leave your room today I saw you so differently. You were smaller. But even so, you still managed to make my heart beat stop. I still thought you were beautiful. I wasn't able to confess until now because...Luhan knew about my feelings towards you. He made it clear that you will never be mine without having to rub his engagement towards you in my face. But that didn't stop me from loving you..and is it true? Will you never be mine?"

Minseok's widened his eyes. 

What did he mean by 'He made it clear'. What'd Luhan do?

And is Yixing meaning everything he's saying?

Is it all true?

Minseok managed to speak after Yixing's confession.

"Luhan isn't doing his job of being my fiancé."

Yixing sighed as he pulled away from Minseok. He crouched down to eye level with him and looked down at the ground. 

"Minseok-ah...I'm so sorry for this but..Luhan..he's...he's cheating on you."

"What?!"

"Luhan's cheating on you with another guy."

"N-no..this can't be true.."

 

 

Luhan had been behind the door for ten minutes, listening to both Minseok and Yixing talk. When he couldn't find the older at their dorm a female singer said that Minseok was at the piano room. He ran over there, he was about to open the door when he heard Yixng's voice. Minseok wasn't alone. His blood was boiling because Yixing was with him. He hated Yixing ever since the younger came. He hated him because Minseok was always with him. His Minseok was always with Yixing. And the stupid excuse Minseok used was, "He's new here." Those words made him frustrated. He was tired of Yixing and Minseok spending time together so he pulled the big plan. He got engaged with Minseok. With that and the fact that he called out Yixing, Minseok stopped spending time with him. With Minseok being with Luhan all the time had made him calm. But then it all got annoying and so he decided to have a secret lover to make things better. Luhan was listening to what they were saying but a certain sentance made him tick. He pushed the door a little too hard as he made his way over to the two. He grabbed Yixing by his shirt and shouted.

"SEHUN IS NOT A ." 

Minseok stared at the scene that was going on in front of his eyes.

"It's true then..?"

Luhan widened his eyes and turned around to stare at Minseok. The face Minseok had made him fill with guilt. Minseok had such a sad expression that it tore him. What had he done? What did he do? Before Luhan could come up with an excuse Minseok started to hiccup and choke on his sobs. It was to the point where his throat was dry and it hurt. He got up with a hand over his neck and tried to grasp on anything, something, to steady his balance. Yixing was taken by surprise. He walked over to Minseok but was pushed away from Luhan.

"YOU DON'T TOUCH HIM. HE'S MINE."

Yixing gave a worried look over at Minseok and a scarred one at Luhan. Minseok then screamed.

"Yours? Yours?! I was yours. Do you care about me? Do you? DO YOU? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I TRIED TO KEEP THESE FEELINGS FROM EXPLODING? DO YOU KNOW I STARVE MYSELF? DO YOU KNOW I CUT? DID YOU EVEN NOTICE WHEN I WAS SAD? DID YOU EVER ASK YOURSELF IF I WAS OKAY? DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO ASK HOW I'M DOING. MY WEIGHT IS SO LOW TO THE POINT IT'S DEADLY. BUT DO YOU CARE?"

Minseok's tears streamed down his face. He pulled the ring off his finger and threw it at Luhan.

"You can have your stupid fake ring back. The ring that meant nothing."

He wiped his tears away and walked away from them. He stood by the door as his hand hovered his heart. There was pain, not the pain of being cheated on, but the pain of what he feared of. He held onto the side of the door before muttering.

"I hope you're happy now that I'll be gone."

He limped away from the room. 

 

 

 

Yixing smiled as the female singer sang. Her voice was soothing. He clapped with the crowd as she finished. She said the name of her song before bowing and walking off stage before another singer came and sang. The clapping quited down as the male sat down. His smile faltered. The singer was a male. A short male wearing a white long shirt, black jeans, and grey shoes. He was playing a piano piece and every movement he made made Yixing stare in awe. His delicate small pale hands pulled the microphone a little lower to his lips as he sang. His voice was light and soft. 

"Bags all packed, make sure you remember everything
No looking back, no more; not for anything.
This is what you wanted, isn't it?
Clear it out just like you've never been
What's a goodbye good for, anyway?

There's nothing left of you to remind me
But somehow you're still standing behind me.

I'm trying hard to forget you
But my empty walls won't let me let you go
When you took it all, you forgot your shadow
You say you wish me well without you
But something 'bout you tells me that you know, oh oh.

When you took it all you forgot
Your shadow, your shadow
When you took it all you forgot
Your shadow, your shadow, your shadow, oh oh.

Hide all your photographs,
But I can feel you watching me
How long does your memory last?
It's time I ought to be
Moving on and getting over you
I bet it looks like I'm not even trying to
Here all alone, my past on the walls.

With nothing left of you to remind me
So why are you still standing behind me.

I'm trying hard to forget you
But my empty walls won't let me let you go
When you took it all, you forgot your shadow
You say you wish me well without you
But something 'bout you tells me that you know, oh oh.

When you took it all you forgot
Your shadow, your shadow
When you took it all you forgot
Your shadow, your shadow, your shadow, oh oh.

It's always there, too close, too much
The shape of something I can't touch
I turn, and find the shadow's grown
Those empty eyes I begged to stay
Are watching me from yesterday
You can leave me, can you leave me alone?

I'm trying hard to forget you
But my empty walls won't let me let you go
Let me go
You say you wish me well without you
But something 'bout you tells me that you know, oh oh.

When you took it all you forgot
Your shadow, your shadow
When you took it all you forgot
Your shadow, your shadow, your shadow, oh oh.

When you took it all you forgot
Your shadow, your shadow
Bags all packed, make sure you remember everything."

The male finished his song as he stood up. He held the microphone to his lips.

"The song's name is Shadow. An orignal song made by me, Xiumin."

The crowd clapped as Yixing looked at the male. His eyes widened and his heart almost stopped. The Minseok look alike hadn't aged one bit. He still looked the same from before, maybe even better. Yixing had the urge to make sure if it was really him or not so he started to clap loudly. His clap made other's clap as loud and soon the audience was yelling "Encore." Xiumin gave a gummy smile before nodding. Yixing gulped.

It's him. 

That smile.

Xiumin started to press the keys that he used for the song. Once pressed reminded him of his past and his memories. He smiled as he remembered the song.

"I've seen the world
Done it all
Had my cake now
Diamonds, brilliant
In Bel Air now
Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child.

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

I've seen the world, lit it up
As my stage now
Channeling angels in the new age now
Hot summer days, rock 'n' roll
The way you play for me at your show
And all the ways I got to know
Your pretty face and electric soul.

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

Dear lord, when I get to heaven
Please let me bring my man
When he comes tell me that you'll let him in
Father tell me if you can
Oh that grace, oh that body
Oh that face makes me wanna party
He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds.

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful."

The audience clapped again as Xiumin played the last keys. He got up and bowed.

"Another song by me called Young and Beautiful."

Xiumin set the mircophone back in it's place before walking off stage. Yixing ignored the singer that was walking to the stage as he made his way through the crowd. He walked around the place until he spotted the male. Yixing swallowed before approaching the older.

"Minseok hyung..? Is that you?"

Minseok tensed at the sound of his name. He loosened up and turned around to face the one who called his name. He looked up at a tall male.

"Yes? How do you know my name?"

Yixing's mind stopped.

"Don't you remember me hyung?"

Minseok furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to remember. He didn't recall knowing this person, in fact, he didn't think he ever met this person before.

"No?"

"Hyung, it's me. Zhang Yixing. Remember? A singer at the industry we both used to work at."

"What industry? I don't think I've ever met you at SMent before."

Yixing stared at Minseok in confusion.

How could he not remember me?

It's only been five years since we last saw each other. 

"Would you like to go drink something?"

Yixing looked at Minseok and nodded.

"Come on."

Minseok took ahold of Yixing's arm and walked him out of the bar. Minseok didn't really like to drink at bars so they went to a cafe. They both sat face to face by the giant glass window as they drank their coffee. Minseok smiled at the way the brown substance smelled. Yixing's mind was all about Minseok. How he looked like. What had happened. Where had he gone. 

"So uh..you're a singer?"

"Yeah. I'm a singer and a song writer. My stage name is Xiumin and my real name is Kim Minseok."

"How old are you?"

"I just turned twenty-eight. What about you?"

"Twenty-six." 

"Ah."

Minseok nodded and sipped his coffee again. He took out his phone and layed it on the table. Yixing just couldn't stop thinking about Minseok. Minseok's phone rang and he pouted. He answered it and nodded as he finished his ten second call. Minseok got up and took out some money to pay for the coffee. He smiled as he looked at Yixing.

"I have to go. Maybe we can meet another time or have a collaboration together?"

Yixing stood up as well and nodded, giving Minseok a dimple deep smile. He took out his phone and handed it to Minseok. Minseok took his phone and typed in his phone number before giving it back to the younger.

"See you whenever Yixing-ah."

With that Minseok waved and walked out of the cafe leaving Yixing to stare at his phone.

I found him.