1/2

Will You Still Love Me?

Listen to Lana Del Rey's Young And Beautiful as Minseok's writes and the piano version .

 

 


Minseok sat on their shared bed with a notebook in his hands. His auburn hair covering his brown almond shaped eyes. His self-esteem hasn't been so well lately, ever since Luhan and him have been in the music industry, ever since Luhan has been going out and coming back at irregular hours it's been low. He thinks of so many places the younger male would be at at these hours. He shakes his head and walks over to his mirror stand and stares at his reflection. He cringes at the sight of his own face. 

Ew, my chubby cheeks.

My bags.

He lifts his arms while looking in the mirror, and turns around. He scrunches his face as he lifts his shirt and pokes his flat stomach. 

I'm fat. 

He sets his hands on the stand and stares at his face again. 

Why am I so ugly?

My cheekbones pop out.

I don't have double eyelids.

I have these stupid dark circles.

And these fat chubby cheeks.

Does he still love me?

Does he still love this ugly fat creature?

He shakes his head again before sitting back on the bed. He opens the notebook and takes out a pen from his nightstand. He opens the notebook and re-reads his old songs which have now been sang by various singers. He stops on a blank page before writing.

I've seen the world
Done it all
Had my cake now
Diamonds, brilliant
In Bel Air now
Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child

Minseok stopped writing as his memories passed by.  He was holding hands with Luhan as both were running without a care in the world. They found the beach and strolled in it, in their shorts and loose shirts. Another memory was both of them standing side by side as they stared out the rectangle glass window. They were watching the lights of the Han River shine brighty in the night as cars zoomed by. A third memory appeared and it was Minseok laying in the grass wearing white clothes as Luhan sat next to him, in white clothes too, playing with him and cooing. Telling him sweet nothings like a parent talking to their child. 

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

He stared at the words and nodded as he kept going. 

I'm aging so fast and I'm not even beautiful. It makes sense but will he?

I've seen the world, lit it up
As my stage now
Channeling angels in the new age now
Hot summer days, rock 'n' roll
The way you play for me at your show
And all the ways I got to know
Your pretty face and electric soul

He was happily clapping at the various singers that composed and won awards from his lyrics. He saw every new face in the industry and called them angels. Luhan was a singer, of course, as he would sing in both China and Korea. Every time they locked their eyes he would smile and wink, leaving Minseok slightly blushing. He remembers all of Luhan's antics, feelings, movements, and the features that came with him. And then his pretty never aging face. His pale soft skin, his doe eyes, the way he would smile, everything. His beautiful up spirit soul that always helped Minseok when he was feeling low. Minseok stopped writing as he stared at the last line. 

Where is that now?

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

Dear lord, when I get to heaven
Please let me bring my man
When he comes tell me that you'll let him in
Father tell me if you can
Oh that grace, oh that body
Oh that face makes me wanna party
He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds

He imagines heaven as the all white fluffy place and smiles. He sees himself there, waiting for Luhan by the front gate. He remembers when he first met Luhan. They were at a club. He was dancing with everyone in  crowd. He watched as a certain someone was watching Minseok gracefully move his hips. He walked over to Minseok and greeted himself. At that very moment Minseok took in Luhan's appearance as they danced. His body, perfectly made. His face...was something you'd never want to forget. Then he recalls every sweet nothing Luhan would tell him. Luhan would always praise Minseok whenever the other wasn't.

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?

Minseok sighed as he finished writing. He set his pen down and read what he had wrote, making a melody to go with it. He had the lyrics memorized as he walked out of their shared room. He walked downstairs, bumping into some singers and stylist. He saw from the corner of his eye that Yixing stared at him. Minseok gave him a sad smile as he walked into a room with a piano. He walked over to it and sat on the stool as he took in a breath. He set his delicate pale fingers on some keys. The keys responded as Minseok pressed on different ones, creating the melody and beat he had in mind even if it took more than an hour to make. The room started to be filled with the beautiful sound of Minseok singing. Many people would ask why Minseok didn't sing like Luhan, he would just smile and say he wasn't 'good enough' to do that. Responses like those would piss off some different singers like Luhan, Yixing, and Henry. They would say what came right in their mind, they would say that Minseok was a great singer. But the reason why Minseok didn't become a singer and become a song writer instead was because he can't take in too much excited (and he doesn't have much confidence in himself.) He had problems because of that. There would be moments where Minseok was found singing and those moments were rare. Right now, it's one of those moments. Minseok was singing to his heart's content. He put in so much emotion into every lyric as he sang and played. As the last lyric rolled off his tongue, Minseok played the last few keys before darkness overcame him. 

 

 

Luhan walked in the industry's door with a hand shielding his eyes. He was in the dark for such a long time that the light were stinging his eyes. He walked until he came to the door of his and Minseok's shared dorm. The guilt that used to appear everytime he came back was gone by now. He opened it lighty and quitely as to not disturb the older male. He walked in, taking his shoes off by the door and noticed that Minseok's slippers and shoes weren't there. 

Is Minseok awake? 

Did he go somewhere or..?

Luhan walked in without turning on the lights. He walked in their shared room and saw nothing but darkness. 

Oh, he must be sleeping.

Luhan quietly shuffled over to the bed as he took off his jacket and shoes. He knew Minseok would scold him in the morning for not changing into some sort of night wear. He got in the bed lighty before moving his hand to touch Minseok. His hand moved around the other side of the bed and felt nothing. Luhan, confused, sat up and roamed the whole bed with his hand until he felt something.

"Minseok?"

Luhan the lights as he looked around. Minseok wasn't sleeping, in fact, Minseok wasn't even here. Luhan walked to the bed and saw what he had touched earlier. It was Minseok's notebook. The one where he writes all his songs that have become great hits. He knew Minseok carried it around frequently but he never wrote in it. Minseok had been on a break from writing songs ever since Yi Fan, a chinese actor, sang Time Boils the Rain, a song that became very popular. He chuckled as he imagined Minseok sitting on the bed with such a confused face as he tapped his pen on the notebook's cover. There was a little bit of guilt building up in him but he pushed it away. He was about to put the notebook away when he saw some words scribbled on a page. He brought the notebook closer to him and read the last lyrics that had caught his eye.

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?

Luhan raised an eyebrow at the lyrics. He turned back a page and read the beginning of what Minseok had wrote. As he read, the guilt started to rise.

Is this about me...?

"Minseok-ah, where are you?"

Luhan set the notebook down and walked out of the room. He kept calling Minseok's name as he checked in all the rooms their dorm had. 

Where'd he go?

Luhan put on his shoes and left the dorm as he walked in the hallway. He saw some of the singers and asked them if they had seen Minseok. They shook their heads leaving Luhan desperate.

Where did he go?

He speed walked through the hallways until a female singer stopped him.

"Luhan-sshi, what's worng?" 

"Do you know where Minseok went?" 

"Minseok? Last time I saw him was when he went to the piano room two hours ago."

Two hours ago? What was he doing still up?

"Thanks."

Luhan left the female and walked to the direction said room was at. He opened the door and walked in slowly. He saw Minseok with his back turned to him. Luhan chuckled. 

That's adorable, he slept while playing piano.

Luhan walked over to the sleeping figure and his hair. Minseok's head was on top of his arm as the other was hanging down. The guilt started to get bigger as he stared at Minseok's sleeping figure.

Had he been waiting for me?

Luhan brought Minseok's hand up and felt how cold it was. The room wasn't cold at all. He furrowed his eyebrows as he touched Minseok's face. It was dead cold. He shook Minseok's shoulder for the older to wake up. The older stayed in the same position. Luhan started to freak out. He started to call his name over and over again. The older didn't respond. Luhan picked him up, in his arms, and walked out of the room. He felt how cold Minseok's body was against his. He started shouting at cordi noonas and passing singers to call an ambulance. Singers and stylist started to hurry and make way for Luhan. The ambulance came by fast and they took the fragile being away from Luhan. When one of  the paramedics took a hold of Minseok, he stopped. He felt Minseok's body temperature and tried to find a pulse on him. He stopped trying as he couldn't find one. Minseok's face was starting to turn really pale and slighty blue. The paramedic placed Minseok on the bed inside the car and walked over to Luhan. By the face the paramedic had, Luhan knew what had happened.

 

 

Luhan sat on the stool in front of the piano. He opened a notebook and read the lyrics. He read them until he memorized them. He touched the keys on the piano as he made up a beat. He started to sing. His voice filled the room as he put in his all. The piano and his voice harmonized. He sang the last few lines as he played the ending. 

"Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?"

As he sang the last lines, tears started to roll down his cheeks. He didn't dare to sing this song nor did he ever want to compose it. His tears soon turned into sobs as he remembered the times he had spent with his beloved one. The times he didn't charish. His fame had made him not care for the other. More like the kid made him stop caring for the other. He didn't know, he had brought so much pain to the other. His sobs got louder as he tried to remember Minseok's face. His Minseok's face. He blaimed himself for Minseok's death. If only he wasn't out partying, none of this would've happened. If only. His mind consisted of 'If onlys' ever since the older died. He tried to remember the other but when he did, all he got was the other's silhouette. Luhan banged the piano keys as he tried to remember. It was the year 2020, 5 years since the older had died and his memories of Minseok were fading. He tried so hard until his breath hitched.

"Luhan, don't cry." 

That voice. That's Minseok's. 

Luhan lifted his head and looked around the room. There Minseok was, his head layed on top of the piano as he smiled at Luhan. His auburn hair was a mess as he stared at Luhan. Luhan couldn't believe his eyes. He got up and walked over to him. The older gave him a gummy smile as he wrapped his arms around the younger. Luhan immediately responded to the hug and took in the scent of Minseok. 

"Please don't leave me, Minseok."

"I won't Luhan."

"I love you."

"I love you too".

Luhan looked at the other and kissed his lips. When he opened his eyes, there was nothing. Luhan widened his eyes and looked around the room, moving his arms around. He shook his head as his tears started to fall again. His choked sobs filled the room.

"NO NO NO!"

He pounded the ground with his hands as his tears fell.

"H-he...was just here..h-he was right here. I kissed him."

Luhan continued to cry until he fell asleep. He hiccupped in his dream as he said the older's name. Minseok's ghostly figure stood by Luhan. He his hair and stared at Luhan's never aging face. He placed a kiss on his cheek as he whispered the words "I love you" before he vanished.