"Yixing." [End]

Will You Still Love Me?

Songs used for this are Backstreet Boys I Want It That Way (acoustic cover by Boyce Avenue); Lunafly's cover of Impossible by James Arthur; Just Once by James Ingram


 

 

 

 

 

 

"Minseok hyung?"

"Hey Yixing! How's it going?"

"It's going well, what about you?"

"Same here! Oh! My manager talked with yours and we can do that collaboration we talked about that one day. How about it?"

"I'm fine with it, when do we start?"

"Um, my manager said that maybe next week. So get ready!"

"Haha, okay hyung. Thanks!"

"You're welcome! Bye~"

 

The call ended and Yixing smiled down at his phone, pink tint covering his cheeks. He squealed softly before jumping up and spinning around. He walked out of his room and into the hallway of the entertainment. He was met with cordi noonas who cooed at his actions and trainees who stared at him in awe. He walked to the dance room when he locked eyes with the number one person he hated. 

Luhan.

Luhan stared at the taller, tension in the atmosphere.

"Why are you so happy, you weirdo?"

Yixing grinned, "I found him." He walked triumphantly to room, leaving Luhan in shock. Yixing spinned to the music chooser and typed in a song. He pressed play before walking to the center of the room. The soft melody of the piano vibrated off the walls as he danced with passion. Dancing was one of Yixing's many talents, one of the reasons why he's in the entertainment. He hasn't danced since...well, since Minseok left. Ever since the older left it has been quite gloomy for him. He wrote sad songs and danced with sullen expressions. He made piano pieces that knew how to tug on people's heart strings, making them cry after he was finished. He earned the 'Depressed Idol' name and was often questioned why. He would simply give them a sad smile and say "Someone left my life and it made me feel so small." Many would think that it was lover or family member but it was just Minseok. The same happened to Luhan except he would just ignore the question and smile as if nothing had happened. The two were at each other's heads all the time. Yixing did a last spin before stopping and staring at the ground, sweat trickling down his neck and perspiration forming on his forehead. There was clapping that filled the room and scared Yixing. He turned around and found his manager staring at him with a big smile. He gave a thumbs up before walking out of the room, leaving Yixing to smile to himself. He ran to his manager and grinned.

"Hyung, when will I meet with Xiumin?"

"Ah, you guys are going to meet here to record by next week."

Yixing smiled to himself, he spinned around and laughed. His manager stared at him and chuckled.

"You're really happy now. That's a huge difference than your 'Depressed Idol' image."

"Weeeeeeelllll, it's because....," Yixing shook his head, "no nothing, I just changed over night." 

 

 

 

 

"So this is your entertainment?" 

Minseok looked around, it seemed familiar to him. He just didn't know in what way.

"I feel like I've been here before."

Yixing looked at the older and smiled, "You have, you were a songwriter here. You were very nice to everyone, especially the trainees."

"I'm still nice. The trainees over at SMent tell me that all the time."

The two walked together throught the hallway. Some trainees bowed at them as they made their way to their dorms or the practice room. Yixing smiled as some noonas and older singers stared at Minseok. He knew they remembered him. Yixing made a turn, motioning Minseok to follow him. He opened the door to the piano room and walked inside. He stopped when he saw a familiar figure by the piano. Minseok looked around, a frown appearing on his face. The room reminded him of something. Something he can't remember. He looked at the figure and it felt awfully familiar. His frown got deeper as he walked around. Minseok walked towards the piano and felt like playing. He got close to it and the familiar figure looked up at him. The figure's eyes widened as he got up and took hold of Minseok's hands.

"Minseok?"

Minseok blinked, cocking his head to the right, "How do you know my name?"

"I'm Luhan."

Luhan? Xiao Luhan? Lu Han? "Xiao Luhan? Your 'Korean' name? You're from China right? So it's Lu han, right?"

Both Yixing and Luhan's eyes widened as they stared at him. Minseok continued to have a frown on his face.

"I feel like I know you." 

Luhan smiled before getting up and hugging him. Yixing stood there, not knowing what to do. Minseok unknowingly, wrapped his hands around him. It felt right but it also felt wrong. Minseok pulled away, feeling a headache. He held the side of his head, wincing. Luhan looked at him with sweet, worried brown orbs before turning to look at Yixing. He smirked truimphantly towards the younger before taking hold of Minseok's hand.

"Follow me, I'll get you some tea okay?"

Minseok nodded slowly, he just wanted to rest. The headache was getting to him. He followed the other before glancing at Yixing. He waved slowly, whispering the words 'later' before walking out of the room. Yixing stood there, not knowing what went on. He was dazed. He looked at the ground before closing his eyes. 

I'm losing him aren't I?

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you Luhan."

Minseok muttered as he sipped his tea. Luhan smiled at him while shaking his head.

"No problem Minnie."

"Minnie?"

Luhan laughed shyly, he shook his head again, "Sorry about that...it's just that..well when we- " Luhan hesitated for a moment, "When we were together. I called you Minnie."

"W-we where together..?"

"Yeah. Five years ago we were engaged and I was going to marry you."

Minseok's eyes widened. I was gay? I thought I was into women, he thought as he took another sip from his tea. He bit into the cookie before responding, "What were we like? What happened? Why can't I remember you?"

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. He looked down, his lips made a small smirk before he looked up at Minseok with hurt eyes, "You left me, that's all I know."

"I-I did?" Minseok asked, eyes wide with confusion and worry. Luhan nodded slowly, shifting his gaze towards the floor.

"You left me for someone else. I tried forgetting you but I couldn't and it hurt. When you left me for that person, you moved away and then I don't know what happened there. It was hard for me, Min. It was."

Minseok felt a heavy weight on him. He had done this? Why? Why would he leave someone like Luhan for another? 

"Luhan I'm sorry. I'm sorry for doing that to you. I don't know what went on with me. Now that I think about it, I don't think I would have given up on you for someone else."

Luhan stared at Minseok, not being able to believe that he believed his lie. He shook his head before giving Minseok a fake sad smile.

"It's fine Minnie. I forgive you."

Minseok felt a little better but not fully.  He noticed Luhan's sad smile and felt a pang.

"Is there anything I can do in return?"

Luhan bit his bottom lip from preventing a smile to form on them. He thought for a second on what Minseok should do but came to a conclusion. He looked at Minseok with a face of longing before replying inaudibly, "A kiss."

"A what?"

Luhan in his breath before replying a little louder, "A kiss."

Minseok sat there, startled. He bit his lip, not knowing what to do. Luhan took the initiative and lifted up Minseok's chin. He stared at the plump lips before planting his on them. Minseok closed his eyes as Luhan's lips danced on his. The two kissed until one they needed oxygen. Minseok was panting, a dark shade of pink covered his cheeks. Luhan is a great kisser, he thought as he stared at the other male. Luhan smiled at him, noticing the pink on his cheeks. He reached and poked them, "You're so cute."

"T-than-" 

Minseok was cut off when Luhan kissed him again. Minseok didn't pull away, for some reason, his heart told him to stay. It felt right to him. He felt like he belonged there, kissing Luhan. 

It just feels right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing let out a soft sigh as his fingers touched the strings. He brought his hand down and began again, humming. He opened his mouth and the lyrics rolled out.

"Yeah"

"You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way


But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way


Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
I want it that way


Am I your fire
Your one desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way


Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
That I want it that way


Now I can see that we're falling apart
From the way that it used to be, yeah
No matter the distance
I want you to know
That deep down inside of me


You are my fire
The one desire
You are
You are, you are

Don't wanna hear you say

Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin but a mistake
Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
I want it that way

Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
I want it that way

'Cause I want it that way.."

Yixing played the last few strings, a satisfied smile on his lips. He took out his notebook and wrote down the song. He could show this to Minseok and his manager later. His pen danced on his paper, filling the page and starting on the next. Yixing hummed the melody of the song as he wrote. He finished writing and set his notebook down. He ruffled his hair before pulling out his phone, taking a picture of his notebook. He got on one of his social networks and posted the photo with a caption. Note even a minute passed and it already had comments or replies. Yixing set his phone, a small smile forming on his lips as he placed his hand on his guitar. He opened his mouth to sing when the door opened. Yixing looked up and saw a small male with blonde hair. The male looked at him with wide eyes before bowing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were in here. I'll leave to let you continue."

The small male turned around to leave when Yixing called him back. The male hesitantly walked inside and closed the door. He slowly walked around the room, going for the piano. Yixing observed the male. He was short with very pale skin. His blonde hair was messy. He wore a sweater with the colors brown, red, and orange and a pair of black skinnies. He sat on the stool and placed his frail fingers on the keys. The male began to sing as he pressed the keys.

"I remember years ago
Someone told me I should take
Caution when it comes to love
I did

And you were strong and I was not
My illusion, my mistake
I was careless, I forgot
I did

And now when all is done
There is nothing to say
You have gone and so effortlessly
You have won
You can go ahead tell them

Tell them all I know now
Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the sky line
All we had is gone now
Tell them I was happy
And my heart is broken
All my scars are open
Tell them what I hoped would be
Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible

Falling out of love is hard
Falling for betrayal is worse
Broken trust and broken hearts
I know, I know...

Thinking all you need is there
Building faith on love and words
Empty promises will wear
I know, I know...

And now when all is done
There is nothing to say

And if you're done with embarrassing me
On your own you can go ahead tell them

Tell them all I know now
Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the sky line
All we had is gone now
Tell them I was happy
And my heart is broken
All my scars are open
Tell them what I hoped would be
Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible

I remember years ago
Someone told me I should take
Caution when it comes to love
I did

Tell them all I know now
Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the sky line
All we had is gone now

Tell them I was happy
And my heart is broken
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, 
Impossible, impossible...
Impossible, impossible
Impossible, impossible..."

The small male finished and took in a deep breath. Yixing was amazed, who was this and where did he come from? Yixing couldn't believe this male could sing so well. The small male cursed under his breath, he slammed his hands down on the piano making Yixing jump.

"Hey are you okay?"

The male looked at him and smiled lightly. His shoulders sagged as he sat on the stool again. 

"Y-yeah..I'm fine. It's just that this song frustrates me when I sing it. It reminds me of my past and stuff."

Yixing nodded slowly before walking over to him and leaning on the piano, "What's your name?"

The male looked up at him before responding, "I'm Kim Junmyeon, a trainee who's about to make a debut."

"Are you going solo or something?"

Junmyeon shook his head, "I was told I was going to be in a duo with someone by the name of Yixing."

Yixing widened his eyes, he looked down at the male, "I'm Yixing."

"You are?!" Junmyeon got up quickly and bowed, "I'm sorry for not realizing that."

Yixing smiled down at him and sat next to the male. He could start on a song with this boy to make things faster. 

"How about we start on the song?"

Junmyeon looked at him and nodded. Yixing placed his slim fingers on the piano before a question came out of his mouth, "How old are you Junmyeon?"

"I'm twenty-six."

Yixing's eyes widened, "Twenty-six?! And you're just now debuting?!"

Junmyeon nodded, "I was told that my singing skills so I tried harder and I'm about to debut."

"I bet you were good. This company is like that." Yixing sighed, "The same happened to me only I cam here way back when I was like thirteen."

Junmyeon nodded slowly before looking at the piano. He shifted his attention to Yixing again, "Do you have a notebook?"

Yixing nodded and walked over to where his guitar was at and grabbed his notebook. Junmyeon took out a pencil and turned a page in the notebook. He began to write as Yixing watched. 

"We should start making a song, right? Makes things quicker."

Yixing just nodded as Junmyeon continued to write. Junmyeon's writing was more clearer and smaller than Yixing's. Up close, Junmyeon had the scent of vanilla and his skin was so glossy it reminded Yixing of porcelain.  Junmyeon finished writing and gave the notebook to Yixing. 

"Is this good enough? I wrote this a while ago." 

Yixing looked down at the writing. He skimmed most of it before nodding at Junmyeon.

"It sounds good. Can you sing it?"

Junmyeon hesitated for a moment before nodding. He sat up and placed his fingers on the keys. After he had the melody he sang,

"I did my best
But I guess my best wasn't good enough
Cause here we are 
Back where we were before
Seems nothin' ever changes
We're back to being strangers
Wondering if we ought to stay 
Or head on out the door

Just once

Can't we figure out what we keep doin' wrong
Why we never last for very long
What are we doin' wrong

Just once

Can't we find a way to finally make it right
To make the magic last for more than just one night
If we could just get to it
I know we could break through it
Hmm hmmmm

I gave my all
But I think my all may have been too much
Cause Lord knows we're not gettin' anywhere
Seems we're always blowin'
Whatever we've got goin'
And it seems at times with all we've got
We haven't got a prayer

Just once

Can't we figure out what we keep doin' wrong
Why the good times never last for long
Where are we goin' wrong

Just once

Can't we find a way to finally make it right
To make the magic last for more than just one night
I know we could break through it
If we could just get to it

Just once
I want to understand
Why it always comes back to goodbye
Why can't we get ourselves in hand
And admit to one another
We're no good without each other
Take the best and make it better
Find a way to stay together

Just once

Can't we find a way to finally make it right Whoa
Make the magic last for more than just one night
I know we could break through it
If we could just get to it

Just Once

Whoa oh, we can get to it

Just Once..."

Junmyeon silently finished it off, placing his hands in between his legs and looking over at Yixing.

"How was that?"

Yixing stared at him with a smile on his lips.

"You're a great singer. I really liked it and I seriously can't wait to compose with you."

"Thanks."

Junmyeon got up but was pulled back down by Yixing. He looked at the other with a confused face. 

"Let's practice some more. I want to hear your voice."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok opened the door to the piano room, expecting to see Yixing writing; but he didn't expect to find Yixing holding someone in his arms. The person looked like a female with blonde hair and black skinnies. He stood by the door as the female gripped onto Yixing's shoulders, shaking. Yixing was singing softly to try and calm her but she continued to shake. He was rubbing her back, trying to soothe her as she cried. Minseok gripped the door as he watched. Was that his girlfriend? Who is she? What is she doing here? He was about to say something when the female looked up and saw him. Her eyes went wide and she jumped out of Yixing's embrace, crashing into the piano. Yixing got up, startled and went over to her. He switched his attention tot he door where the female was looking at. There stood Minseok, staring at both of them while gripping the door. The two of them stared at eachother as the female wiped her eyes. She's flat chested, Minseok thought as he watched her. He looked over at Yixing who was now making his way to the female. 

"Are you okay?"

The female nodded slowly. She wiped her cheeks before smiling and laughing. She gave Yixing's arm a squeeze before replying, "I'm okay. I'll see you later..."

Minseok watched as the female walked past him and out of the room. He watched her before looking at Yixing. 

"Who is she?"

"My new co-worker."

"What's her name?"

"Junmyeon."

"Isn't that a guy's name?" Minseok sneered, showing a whole new side of himself to Yixing. Yixing rolled his eyes and nodded, "Of course it's a guy's name."

"Well, it must being her." 

"How?"

"For a girl, that's gotta be a bad name."

"But he's not a girl."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The collaboration didn't seem to happen for Minseok stopped spending time with Yixing and more with Luhan. It was obvious that those two had gotten together. Yixing was stuck with a gloomy Junmyeon who had shown many signs of self hatred. The two were walking to a cafe down the street, it was on Yixing's behalf. Junmyeon wore a blue shirt with a pink square patched on it tucked in his jean shorts that covered up to his knee and black shoes. His blonde hair was, again, messy as he walked; twirling his feather pendent. Yixng wore a grey slightly baggy shirt and a darker shade of grey skinnies with black converse. His hair, too, was messy and the wind didn't really help. Yixing could see red marks on Junmyeon's skin and was about to say something when Junmyeon hugged him. 

"Hyung, do you think fans like me?"

Yixing looked down at the younger and turned him around so his back was on Yixing's chest. He crossed the other's arms and held onto his hands as they walked.

"Of course they'll like you."

"Are you sure? What if I get hate for being too ugly? Or for not being good at singing?"

Yixing sighed as he placed his chin on the younger's head. Junmyeon dropped his shoulders as they walking in the same position.

"I'm sorry for being a nuisance."

Yixing shook his head and hugged Junmyeon a little tighter., "You're not a nuisance. You're an angel."

"I don't feel like one." Junmyeon muttered. Yixing just smiled before placing a soft kiss on the younger's head, "You are one. Trust me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Minseok-"

"What?!"

Yixing stared at the older before shaking his head, "Never mind, it's not important anymore."

Minseok felt a pang when he saw Yixing's sad face. The younger walked away, leaving Minseok in the hallway. He hit himself before going after the younger but stopping when he saw Junmyeon holding Yixing's hand and jumping up and down. Junmyeon had a big smile on his face as he hugged Yixing's neck who wrapped his arms around his waist. Minseok bit his lip as he turned back and walked away. He hated seeing those two together. He didn't know why but seeing them together made his stomach into knots. He ran a hand through his head as he stopped in front of Yixing. His eyes widened, didn't he run away from them?

"Hyung are you okay?"

Minseok shook his head as he leaned on Yixing, "No, I'm not okay..."

Just as Yixing was about to wrap his arms around the older, a familiar voice scared both of them.

"Don't touch him!"

The two looked at the direction where the voice came from. It was Luhan. He was standing fifteen feet away from them. Minseok furrowed his eyebrows at Luhan.

"Why can't he touch me?"

"Minseok shut up. Yixing don't ever touch him. He's not yours, I won; again."

Minseok stared at him with confusion, he turned around to look at Yixing who's fist were balled. 

"Luhan, you're the reason he left in the first place. See, he can't even remember us."

Minseok looked at Yixing then back at Luhan who glared at him. 

"If it wasn't for you none of this would've happen."

Minseok had enough before letting out a loud yell. Luhan and Yixing looked over at him. Luhan stomped over and grabbed Minseok's hand, hauling him over to his side. Minseok struggled over, tripping over his own feet. He jerked his arm away from Luhan.

"Tell me what's going on!"

"It's none of your business Minseok."

"Yes it ing is!" 

Minseok took some steps backwards, bumping into Yixing. He grabbed the male's hand and began to run away.

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok pushed Yixing in a janitor's closet, locking the door before facing the male.

"What's going one Yixing? I demand an explanation right now!"

Yixing placed his hands on his head before sighing, "Okay but please..questions until the end."

Yixing opened his mouth, a long story rolling off his tongue as if the events from five years ago happened yesterday. Minseok's angered face had softened as Yixing spoke. Minseok was in a relationship with Luhan. One where they were both happen. Then as Yixing continued to speak, things went downhill. Minseok didn't come out of his room and was often found with an empty notebook. His face turned from concern to anger as Yixing recalled what Luhan had said to him for having a crush on Minseok. His frown got deeper as Yixing talked; saying things like Luhan cheating and Yixing having to stay away because of Luhan's threats. A tear had escaped Yixing's eye as he talked about the last tiem he had seen him. When he had confessed and when Minseok blew up.

"From then on, I never saw you. Until a couple of months ago. Luhan had had a grudge on me because of that but he didn't stop going back to the kid."

Minseok's heart began to hurt and he could feel a headache. He clutched his chest, a pained expression filling his face. Yixing walked over to him and asked him questions but all Minseok saw was black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok's eyes fluttered open. The first thing he saw was a white ceiling. He looked over to his side and saw a male with a blanket over him. He looked to his right and saw someone else. His eyebrows furrowed as he sat up.He stared at the male with the blanket. He had dark brown hair, earphones sticking out and hiding under his blanket. Minseok rubbed his eyes, noticing that something was on his finger. He looked at it and realized he was in the hospital. Minseok looked at the person at the right, he had short black hair covered by a black hat. He wore black sweats as well as a black jacket. Out of the window, Minseok saw a female pass by; her eyes widening as she ran back to where she had come from. Minseok stared at his arms and saw faint little scars. Was he a cutter and had to be in the hospital because of that? Minseok tried to remember but all he could remember was waking up in the morning. A doctor had come in, scaring Minseok in the process.

"Mr. Kim." That's my name right?

"How are you feeling?"

Minseok opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. He stared at the doctor who had a dissapointed look on his face. Did I do something wrong? 

"Minseok can you talk?" No? That's my name?

At the sound of his name, the two males woke up. The male with the music quickly threw his items to a chair and walked over to Minseok. The other male dressed in black walked out of the room with the doctor.

"Minseok, how are you feeling?"

Minsoek opened his mouth again but nothing came out. What's going on?

"Minseok, do you know who I am?"

Minseok shook his head. No.

The male's eyes saddened before a sad smile replaced his lips, "My name is Yixing. Zhang Yixing. Your name is Minseok. Kim Minseok or Xiumin. You are a singer and a song writer."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok had turned out to be mute. The doctor had said that his last pain attack had caused his vocal cords to malfunction. The reason why he couldn't remember in the first place was because he had an attack where it made him forget. The doctor had said that Minseok couldn't take in too much excitment; if he did this would happened. Since it was his second attack he had forgotten again and had lost his voice. Because of this, Minseok couldn't sing anymore. He was now a song writer. Minseok lived in a small but comfortable apartment with the only person he trusts; Yixing. Yixing had began to teach Minseok sign language but the other insisted on just using a dry erase board instead of books. Yixing finally agreed when Minseok continued to protest. Sometimes Yixing would teach Minseok how to speak but all the other could say was muffled and incoherent words. Either way, Yixing praised him for it and said he was getting better at it. Minseok just pouted and smiled at the comments. 

Yixing new that one day Minseok would be able to speak. He didn't care if it would take a decade, he was going to be there when the older would say something. 

That day had come early.

 

 

 

Minseok walked into the kitchen, looking for pots and pans. The sound of sloppy Mandarin filled his ears as Yixing came out of his room. Yixing's hair was all over the place as he walked into the kitchen. Minseok greeted him with a lop-sided smile.

"Good morning Minseok."

Good Morning Yixing~

"I'll make breakfast, Okay? You can go watch TV or something."

Minseok shook his head quickly. He pointed all around the kitchen before pointing at himself. Yixing pursed his lips together before walking away . Minseok did a small victory before reaching up to a cupboard.

 

 

 

 

Minseok had made blueberry crepes. Amzing Yixing as he sat down next to him.

"This is amazing!"

Minseok smiled shyly, a tint of pink filling his cheeks as Yixing stared at the food he had made. Minseok drank a little of his orange juice as Yixing stuffed his mouth with half a crepe. Minseok silently giggled at the action, taking a napkin and cleaning the edge of Yixing's mouth.

"Yixing-"

Yixing froze, his eyes turning wide as he stared at the older. He dropped his spoon before taking Minseok in a bone crushing hug. Minseok looked up and smiled, his face fully red. He placed his lips on Yixing's before hiding his face in the younger's neck.

"I-I like yu-you."