Besties

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

You lied back onto your bed and sighed, putting one arm over your eyes. *Soohyun-ah… * Memories between you and Soohyun surfaced in your mind. Memories of you two splashing each other water on a hot summer's day, Soohyun wrapping his scarf around you on a chilly autumn day and him celebrating your birthday with you. Unknowingly, you smiled. But memories of Woohyun and you soon replaced Soohyun's and an even broader smile played on your face. The time he brought you out on your first date with him, the time he gave you that beautiful necklace by 'grabbing' a city light and your lovely date at the Han river.

It was obvious who had won your heart, but you didn't want to hurt the other. You got up and pressed the palms of your hands onto the bed. *Soohyun-ah… I'm so sorry. My heart is and always will be with Woohyun-oppa. I… need a way to let you down.* You sighed at the thought of having to let Soohyun down.

You hated seeing him sad, because of anything. And now, it'd be because of you. You looked into the mirror and gave yourself a pitiful smirk. *I never thought I'd hurt my best friend. Is that what Daseul thought at first?*

You sighed and let yourself freefall back onto your bed, forgetting to shower and falling asleep, deep in thought about Soohyun and Woohyun.

 

The next morning, you woke up bright and early. You closed your eyes and stretched, dropping your arms after and looking around your room. You smiled to yourself. *A new day.*

You stretched once more, before going into your bathroom and washed up. Feeling refreshed, you went down and cooked breakfast for yourself.

As you were sizzling bacon and frying eggs, Soohyun walked down from the stairs, yawning and rubbing his eyes. You looked towards him and beamed. "Come Soohyun-ah, I've cooked up breakfast. Here, you can take my share first." You handed him a plate of your freshly cooked bacon and eggs, along with toast and went back to cook yourself another serving.

Soohyun weakly smiled at you. *She's so strong. She seemed like she was falling apart yesterday, and she's cooking up a wonderful breakfast for herself and I this morning. No wonder I fell in love with you. But…*

His thoughts were interrupted by you sitting down opposite of him, starting to eat as well.

"So um… Where're your parents?" Soohyun casually asked, ask he started cutting his bacon. "Um, they left me a note on the fridge door saying they were out," you said, before chewing on your toast and cutting your bacon and eggs at the same time.  Soohyun chuckled at how cute you were.

You looked up, with the piece of toast still in your mouth. Soohyun then resumed to a smile. "~~~~-ah…" Soohyun began. You have a feeling of what he was going to say but you wanted to say it first.

"Soohyun-ah. You know that I love you, right?" You said, putting the toast aside for now. Soohyun nodded. *Why can't it be that love…*

"But my love for you… is different to that of the love I have towards Woohyun-oppa's… You understand what I'm saying, right?" You continued. Soohyun just nodded again, never forgetting to give you a kind smile.

"So-" "So we are still the best of friends and you'll continue to study in Busan till the end of this year, right?" Soohyun interrupted. Your eyes widened. *He took it so easily! Maybe I was worried for nothing…* You felt like a whole weight was lifted off your chest and you smiled brightly.

"Yeah. BESTIE!!" You ran out of your chair and practically gave Soohyun a bear hug. "Ooft!" Soohyun said, as his chair slightly rocked back from the impact.

"I love you Soohyun-ah!" You yelled. Soohyun chuckled and your hair. "I love you too ~~~~."

Just as you were having a 'Best Friend' moment with Soohyun, a knock on the door was heard.

"Oh? Who's that? So early in the morning too…" You broke away from the hug and went to open the door, only to have a body collapse right on you.

"AHHHH! SOOHYUN-AH! HELP ME!!" You shrieked. Soohyun jumped, startled by your scream and immediately ran to your side. "What!? What is it!?" He hurriedly blurted. He then saw a man collapse on top of you and you trying to wriggle out from underneath.

"Soohyun-ah! Help me! Is he dead!? Oh my god! I have a dead body on me! SOOHYUN-AH!!" You cried. Soohyun quickly knelt down by your side and pushed the body off of you, so that you two were now lying side by side. You immediately got up and hid behind Soohyun.

"Soohyun-ah, what is it?" You whispered, in a distressed voice. Soohyun examined the 'thing' with his eyes and breathed a sigh of relief.

"It's Woohyun. Seems like he's drunk…" Soohyun spoke in a monotone. You pinched your nose as the smell of alcohol wafted towards you.

"~~~~-ah… mmh… Why… him… What about… me…" Woohyun then went off to mumble nonsense and slightly hit the floor sometimes as well.

You pressed a hand over your chest to calm your rapid beating heart. "Thank god it was only Woohyun-oppa…"

You looked at Woohyun's drunken state and felt sorry for him. "Soohyun-ah, can you… um… give us a few minutes alone?" You asked from behind.

Soohyun turned back to you and nodded. "Sure, I'll give you all the time in the world." Soohyun grabbed the keys to the house and walked out.

You got to work, pushing your sleeves up and dragging Woohyun all the way to the couch, and then lifting him up onto it.

*I think… I'll tell him the truth now. About everything.* You thought, as you wrung a towel with cold water for Woohyun.

-----------------------------

Wow…. 2000+ subscribers? Really? *slaps across my face* OMG! I never thought I'd get over 2000 subscribers for my fic! Thank you all so much! ><

And yes~ You chose Woohyun~