Quitting the Game

Nerd by Day, Player by Night

 

Woohyun was at the bar, sipping his vodka when he heard commotion at the doors. Before he could wave you over, you were already surrounded by 4minute and Daseul.

*I guess she's with her friends. I'll just wait for them to be finished with their conversation then…* Woohyun watched from afar, waiting for you and your friends to finish. But when he saw Daseul spill the wine on you, his blood started boiling. He clenched his fists and glared at the girls. *What the are the doing…*

Just as the girls started walking away, Woohyun approached them. Just as they were about to walk past him, he grabbed Daseul's arm. "After all that ~~~~'s done for you, this is your way of repayment?" Woohyun said, without even looking at her.

Daseul looked to Woohyun and scoffed. Smirking, she said, "You don't even know half the story."

Woohyun looked towards Daseul through the corner of his eye. "I knew about her double life, long before you did. If you're taking out your anger of your breakup with Sungyeol on ~~~~, then I suggest you go and look at yourself in the mirror again at home. Have a long, good look, and see what's changed."

Woohyun's vision turned to you and let go of Daseul's arm, walking over to you.

"~~~~-ah… Are you alright?" Woohyun put his hands on your arms and the anger from when he spoke with Daseul vanished.

Your eyelids dropped. "Oppa… I think they know… What am I gonna do…" Woohyun's face turned into concern as he pulled you into a hug, patting your back soothingly. "It's okay… I'll be here for you… forever…"

He heard you sniffing and he took it as a signal to leave for tonight. "Come on babe, let's go."

 

The next night, you didn't want Woohyun to go with you to Inspirit. You didn’t want him to see you being humiliated. You took a deep breath, as you pushed open the big double doors that led inside. At the first click of your high heel, all heads turned towards you, and the club was silent. Soon, the silence was gone, and was replaced with murmurs of gossiping and whispering.

"Isn't she that girl whose actually like, a major nerd at her school or something." "I heard that she totally around with every guy." "Dude, I almost asked her out the other day. Thank god I didn't."

Just from standing at the door, people were already talking about you. Before you took another step, 4minute and Daseul walked up to you and surrounded you again.

"Your secret's out, ~~~~. I can't believe we were even your friends. And best friends at that too. Eurgh, thank god our image wasn't tainted because of you." Jihyun flipped her hair and scoffed at you.  "Yeah, . And we told you to approach that Lee Woohyun in the first place to dump him. It wasn't for you to actually be with him. Yeah, and to think I trusted a like you to help me get revenge on him. What the hell was I thinking?" Gayoon clucked her tongue at you and stared you down.

You were close to tears. You sincerely thought that they were your friends. Until now.

"You know, this isn't going to stop here. We have connections all around Seoul, and especially in Woolim High. Don't think this will stop here. It's going to be with you, forever." Daseul widened her eyes and stared at you.

You tried to sniff back your tears but they just rolled down carelessly. You looked at each one of 4minute with teary eyes, only to be met with scoffs and heads turned away from you. Lastly, your eyes landed on Daseul. Instead of eyes filled with hatred, anger and betrayal, you smiled, biting your lip to hold back an outburst of cries.

"Daseul-ah… Thank you for showing me who my real friends are… There's nothing between Sungyeol and I, I promise. We're just good friends." You looked down, swallowing hard and looked back, tilting your head back before taking a deep breath.

Through your blurred vision, you smiled again. "Daseul, as long as your happy. Just know that… This won't last forever. They're going to find out sooner or later. But it won't be from me. That, I can promise. I quit this game. You should soon too, if you don't want to end up like me." You sincerely smiled at Daseul.

Daseul frowned. *Why is she being so… nice. I just destroyed her life. She should be hating me for this!*

You blew a breath from your cheeks and took a step back. "It was… really nice hanging out with you all. Especially you, Daseul. But since you've all found out my secret, I guess I can't keep playing this game anymore. Goodbye, 4minute. Goodbye… Daseul."

Announcing your leave, you smiled through your tears, before walking out of Inspirit. Forever.

-------------------------

 :(