Mr. Ivory

Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol sit awkwardly on the sofa. He glance around the living room. The ceilings are tall, hooked with crystal chandelier. The wallpaper are of vintage pattern, colored a soft brown and streaks of gold. The windows are covered with drapes of red curtains. Chanyeol felt a vibe of elegance used as an inspiration. He only seen such design on screens and magazines.

A male with grey brownish hair soon emerged from the kitchen, carrying a silver tray. A tea pot as well as a cup and saucer rests on the tray. Beside it, few croissants are placed in a glass translucent plate. The owner flashed Chanyeol a smile as he walk towards the coffee table. A small thud reverberated around the silent wide living room as he placed the tray on the mahogany.

Gently, the owner pour the tea and hand Chanyeol his plate of snacks to which Chanyeol thanked him for his treatment. With a bite, the taste of pastry filled his buds and that was the best croissant he ever ate. Though he’s a city man, he never tasted anything exquisite. He is not as adventurous as Jongdae, who enjoyed travelling around the world. Chanyeol’s world had always stayed in one place.

Chanyeol munched on the snacks as polite as possible, he felt somehow pressured as the owner watched him, following his movements. The tall male shifted his eyes around room again, avoiding the gaze from the other. Nervousness conquered his mind, wondering what the ivory eyed male was thinking. Wait, what if he poisoned the croissant?

Hesitantly, Chanyeol gulped on the pastry. After a few seconds, he didn’t feel any effect. Okay, the croissant is not poison. He’s safe — for now.

“Are you okay, Mr. Park?” The owner spoke.

Chanyeol shift his eyes towards the male. Oh god, those ivory eyes. “Y-Yes?” Chanyeol mentally slapped himself. What kind of answer is that?

“I am sorry, this is the only thing I could offer. The maids have a day off every weekend.” He explained, rubbing his neck nervously.

“T-The croissant tastes g-great.” Really Chanyeol? Can you stop stuttering?

The owner smiled and fell silent. Chanyeol felt a tense atmosphere. Not used to the silence, he started to speak out of curiosity. “Are you… ummm… here alone?”

The owner blinked for a second. His ivory eyes looked sad. Based on the weak nod from the other, Chanyeol understands that the male lives alone. Alone in a mansion? Who would live here alone plus the place is isolated too. Chanyeol smiled as a response and went back to silent.

What is there left to say? Chanyeol asks and the owner only nodded. The silence slowly killing him. Chanyeol absent mindedly played with his auburn hair, mouth whistling a low tune. Anything to get rid of the awkwardness.

“So… Jongdae told me about you. You know… that you can erase memories.”

The owner let out a small chuckle. “Oh really?”

“This is a prank, right?” Chanyeol flustered. “Okay I get it, Jongdae. You can come out now.”

As much as Chanyeol wished it is a prank, clearly a sick joke that Jongdae set up for him. However, there were no response but an ivory eyed male staring back at him in confusion. Okay Chanyeol, way to go being a .

The owner rests his arms on the armrest, sighing slightly. Chanyeol watched his left wrists are wrapped badly with a white cloth. Whatever happen to it, Chanyeol dare not to ask. He didn’t want to meddle in trivial matters. He came here for one reason. He wanted to forget everything. Alcohol didn’t help to cease it so he figured this ‘genie’ could help him.

“Anyway, I want to forget… things.” Chanyeol nervously pinched the bridge of his nose. His request sounds ridiculous. Who would have the power to do that?

“Are you sure, Mr. Park?” the owner face turn grim. For a second there, Chanyeol find it disturbing that his eyes twitch. Danger alert.

Ivory pupils glare at Chanyeol’s, immediately sending shivers down the tall male’s spine. This aura. Chanyeol think this male is dangerous. Horror movie is happening and Chanyeol have to think of a way to save his . He glance at the window, maybe he can run out of there. They’re made of fragile glasses, right? He can easily crash it, just like in the movies.

“I don’t have such powers, Mr. Park.” The owner laughed bitterly. His ivory eyes shake a little. Chanyeol knew he’s lying. It doesn’t matter if the grey brownish haired male have the ability, for some reasons, he knew a thing or two. Jongdae may be right. Perhaps, he’s the genie that can command Chanyeol’s silly request.

“This is useless.” Chanyeol sighed hard. He pushed himself off the sofa and stretched his body, pulling his arms upwards and arched his back. “I thought you could help me out but I guess my trip here is a waste of time.”

“Jongdae was right.” The owner scoffed.

Chanyeol waited for the other to continue. And indeed the male rolled his eyes, irritated by his guest’s impatient behavior. “This client is hard to please.”

The owner walk a few step closer to the taller, his eyes fixed on the latter. Chanyeol step backwards, rubbing for any defensive object to protect himself in case the male tried to strangle him. Out of clumsiness, he stumbled down the sofa that he sat earlier.

“Mr. Park, I can’t grant your wish because…” the owner shortened their distance, hands both on his guest’s shoulder. Chanyeol shuddered by the sudden touch, it was gentle yet stern.

“I can’t do it if you’re acting this way.” The male said, his voice sound concern. Chanyeol stare at his eyes, the ivory eyes turn glassy as he said the words. Something tells him that the owner is upset for no apparent reasons.

“L-Look. I don’t know what you can do to erase people’s memories, but I assure you. I need it this time. Do whatever you want. Just… let me forget it.” Chanyeol begged. His hands hold onto the fingers that rests on his shoulders. The warmth from the latter transferred to his body. How can anyone be so warm by the touch but cold in the eyes?

“Please.” Chanyeol bit his lower lips, hoping for a yes.

The owner removed his hands immediately, obviously rejecting the request made by the auburn haired male. “N-Not today. You’re not ready.”

The tall male cocked his eyebrow. It is as if the owner read his mind because he was right. Chanyeol is not ready to throw away the memories of his past. He would be lying if he said he’s ready. Deep down, he wanted to get rid of his pain. All the guilt and remorse from the broken family that he himself shattered.

Chanyeol hunched and lowered his eyes, feeling defeated once again. He decided to cure his pain with none other than a beverage that will definitely drunk his very being. The hell with ruining his organ from the excessive alcohol, he rather have it than suffered with a sunken heart.

The guest stand up, towering the owner of the empty mansion. “I’ll be leaving then.” Chanyeol bowed his head and walk towards the lobby, where the large entrance door is. The owner followed suit, opening the door to allow his guest to walk out of his manor.

As soon as Chanyeol step out, the owner shut the door close. That was rude, Chanyeol bitterly scoffed. He then proceed to walk towards his parked car, taking his keys out of his pocket. Unlocking the door, he sit on the driver’s seat and pushed his key in. He twist it, trying to turn on the engine. He twist it again, the car refused to start. His engine is dead. Great! Stuck in nowhere with a murderous dude. A splendid way to spend the weekend, Park Chanyeol.

Chanyeol reached to the side of the door, searching for his phone. Curses left his mouth as he left his phone by the side of his bed. He forgot to take it with him. The therapist glance back at the door, biting his lips. He opt to borrow a phone from the owner. He won’t bite, right?

 

Upon closing the door, the owner leaned his back against the wooden entrance. He slide his body down, sitting on the tiled floor. A sudden pain came from his bandaged left wrist, he whimpered a little. Using his other uninjured hand, the male rests his hand on it and tried to untangle the bandage. As much as he hated to do it, he have to it up and use it.

The owner jerk his body up with all his might, despite the excruciating pain from his left arm. He walk up the grand stairs, feeling heavy by every step as he felt blood started to trickle from his left wrist. The white bandage stained red, he groaned in agony.

 

Several hard knocks and persistent ringing of the doorbell, no one answered the door. Chanyeol grab hard on the door knob and to his astonishment, the door opened. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter