Roses and Rain

Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sipped at his tea, gazing anywhere but Chanyeol. He narrowed his eyes, hiding the shades that he tried so hard to stay hidden. That was impossible, especially when Chanyeol was staring at him intently.

“Did you hurt your eyes?”

Baekhyun gulped slowly, almost choking. “I-It’s a… uhm… a very bright day.”

Chanyeol swept his head side by side, acknowledging that the sun has set and it wasn’t bright at all. The only source of light is coming from the automatic lightings of the chandelier above them. Even then, the brightness didn’t cause any twitching of the eyes.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Chanyeol stands and walk closer to the man, kneeling down and peek at Baekhyun curiously. To his dismay, Baekhyun immediately hides his face with both of his palms. “Baekhyun? If you’re in pain, just tell me.”

Chanyeol pulled the sleeves of his shirt and cover his palms. The last thing he wants is to cause the man any harm, particularly when any skin contact will cause him another ungodly memory review. Unless, he was unconsciously touching Baekhyun.

“Chanyeol, I’m fine.” Baekhyun sounds harsh, surprising the therapist.

The man is not happy with it. So he grit his teeth and pulled Baekhyun’s wrists harshly, ignoring the harm he might potentially cause. “Saying that you’re ‘fine’ is completely wrong, Baekhyun. Especially with that tone.”

Baekhyun closes his eyes, wrinkling his nose, which caught the taller man unexpectedly. This is a new side of the gentle and kind Baekhyun, because the look he had on his face mimicked those of an adorable fairy. It resembles his little Hyemi very much.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to pull, Baek. But that’s cute.”

The man grumbled, eyes wide open and lower lips jutted out. Chanyeol swore he looked thousands more adorable. That was very unusual, particularly when Baekhyun is the reserved and sentimental type of person. But it wasn’t the look that only caught him, it was the pale pink shades that reflected from Baekhyun’s eyes.

Chanyeol lean closer, the tips of their nose almost touching. “Your eyes… they’re-“

“What’s wrong with it, Mr. Park?” Baekhyun pretended to blink several times, a pitiful attempt that he knew the color of his eyes changed.

“It’s nothing.” Chanyeol smiled, eyes casting downwards and a faint tint of rose presented on his cheeks. “You have the most beautiful eyes.”

Both of them went red, a simple compliment is enough to make Baekhyun’s heart to flutter. It was an alien feeling of his, one that Baekhyun kept at bay for years. What is this effect that Chanyeol radiates?

“They’re just… eyes.” Baekhyun scoffed. It has always been self-loath in his part, he couldn’t find anything that makes him special. The monstrous gift is a torture, hence it is explainable that there’s nothing to be proud of.

“Yes. But they were beautiful eyes… and so are you.” Chanyeol admitted shamelessly, which makes the both of them crimson than before. The therapist stands, throwing him his million dollar smile and proceed to sit back at his seats.

Given that the secret of his eyes is out, Baekhyun fixed his gaze at the male. From his unique auburn hair, the locks shiny, yet messy, it was honestly mesmerizing. For once, Baekhyun realized that the man before him is not less than he was claimed for.

Park Chanyeol is the true definition of alpha gorgeousness, despite his ed up situation.

His wide doe eyes are another addition to his pretty features, lips the natural shades of rose —completely mimicked the male’s cheeks. Chanyeol’s straight nose was the completion of his face, but it didn’t beat the fact that the smile etched on his lips was the great part of his.

Beautifully sinned.

Blinking hard, Baekhyun started, “Surely, you’re here for a reason, Mr. Park.”

“Indeed, I am.” Chanyeol fixed his position, propping both of his elbows on the arm rest of the couch he was sitting on. “Do you want to go on a vacation with me?”

It was a very simple and straightforward type of question, however, it was enough to make the owner of the house to widen his eyes. “A vacation? What for?”

“I thought it was great to get out and have an adventure once in a while. Plus, Jongdae was out of his mind recently. I figured it is best to help him, set him free from everything.”

“Will Jongdae be okay with me tagging along?”

“Why wouldn’t he?” Because I am a stranger?

Chanyeol waved his hands, and said again, “Don’t worry about it. The more, the merrier.”

So I am just an addition? Baekhyun shake his head slightly to clear out the negative thoughts. Whatever happen to have kept it to the ‘client only’ bond? He figured he was confused, which is quite rare for someone like him.

Byun Baekhyun sees the color in black and white. There is no in between. If he feels it was right, then it’ll always be that way and vice versa. But then, it was the first time he encounters the color of gray. He was beyond confused with his feelings at the moment.

And to make it worst, Park Chanyeol is the sole reason for his confusion. Maybe this is what it feels to finally have a friend.

“Sure, I’d love to go.” He finally gives in, for once. For once, it was time to take a turn and change -if not for the better. “Where are we going?”

 

 

For the first in his years of confinement in the Byun’s manor, Baekhyun was smiling ear to ear. He thought the happiest place he could ever be is situated right at the back of his manor, a greenhouse that he harvested for years -he was greatly wrong.

Before them, is not a house of flowers, but a whole kingdom of it -Baekhyun can’t stop sniffing the sweet scent. Stretched from left to right are armies of roses, color and sizes varies yet it still stayed in the same gene pool. What is this place called?

Ah, the center of roses. Chanyeol told him.

They were right in the spring season —Baekhyun’s favorite season- and the flowers bloom as if welcoming every guest that appreciates its companion and scenes. 

Chanyeol was clad in his navy trench coat, collars pulled up to the length of his hair while Jongdae was dressed in his casual sport hoodies. The boss looked utterly normal, despite his position as the owner of the best therapist treatment site.

“Thanks, Yeol.” Jongdae murmured. Chanyeol sneezed and nodded his head. “This means a lot to me.”

“You owe me big time, Chen.”

Baekhyun was too engrossed to realize the exchange of words. Instead, he walked towards the party of white petals, fingers gently tickled the blooming roses. Gorgeous.

“Gorgeous, huh?”

Baekhyun turned and smiled, Jongdae giving him the gesture too. Even by the look of it, the forced happiness on Jongdae’s face is completely fake. Baekhyun didn’t have to learn psychology to understand that the man was suffering —internally.

“Mr. Kim, I believe you have a great team of advisors.” Baekhyun eyes swept back to the roses. His voice was soft, but an advice nonetheless.

“It’s that obvious, huh?” Baekhyun hummed as a respond. “When is it convenient if I ask for a session?”

 The ivory eyed man inspect the torn that hid well among the bushes, a secret spy waiting for a prick of a finger. Somehow, it illustrates his current situation.

White roses are pretty to touch, to confide in when one is not in their best condition. The disgrace to its purity is the fact that there will always a sharp pain in exchange for temporary bliss.

One prick and the white tainted red.

One request and the pain stay hidden like thorn, yet once it disappears, the sting flicker within the soul. To ask for a memory deletion is a big risk, even if both parties are aware of it.

“Whenever it suited you, Mr. Kim.”

Jongdae stood on his ground, contemplating if it is a good move to ask for such excruciating session from Baekhyun. It wasn’t his first time, but the pain of removal still the same if it’s not more.

“I want this removed –the roses.” Baekhyun eyes connect with Jongdae’s glassy ones. “Minseok… told me that…” he sighed hard and closes his eyes, blinking away a diamond tear.

Diamond because it went under great pressure to finally sparkle —sadly.

Baekhyun take a step forward, hands reach out to touch the man’s wrist. “May I?” Jongdae nodded, shaking terribly and lips bitten. The wind rustles the roses, swaying it to reverie while Baekhyun entered Jongdae’s memory.

Memory of roses. What could happen in this beautiful place?

 

 

“Promise me you’ll do that.” An adorable man said teasingly, lips playfully turn into a smirk.

Jongdae looked five years younger, still in his casual attire. “Minseok, it’s embarrassing to do that.”

“Oh?” the man named Minseok cocked an eyebrow. “Are you embarrassed of me? Ashamed that you’re not…” Minseok pointed accusingly at Jongdae and continued, “You’re not what the society wants you to be.”

Jongdae ran his finger along his long brunette hair, fringe almost covering his eyes. “You know that’s not what I meant.”

“Then do it!” Minseok pushed his shoulder playfully and leapt along the path of roses. The colors were red, almost covering all of the green leaves that hold its body. The man swirled around once, hands stretched out and eyes close as he breathe in the flora glory.

Jongdae’s face was gentle, the scenery completes his heart. Red represents love, and that was exactly what he feels for Minseok. He was deeply, crimson red i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter