Mr. Park and His Dilemma

Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of metal clicking and machines roaring drilled the uniquely elf like ears of Park Chanyeol. He, again, slept in his temporary office which is next to his renovated former office room. He recollect the night that cause him to sleep pitifully on his stiff and lack of cushion couch.

He remembered he was slapped with a divorce paper from his wife of three years. They were young back then, well Chanyeol is. She was two years older. Yes, he married a noona. Despite having a daughter of two years old, he managed to find another mistress other than his loving wife. A younger mistress that is. He cursed his good looks, he was too handsome to only have one woman for his entire lifetime. Well, that was stupid.

He is indeed stupid.

Chanyeol make a mental note to not mess with a rich female, one who do not hesitate to take everything from him. Hiring the best lawyer, the former Miss Park are able to almost all of his pennies with reasons that she inherit it and win the custody of their daughter.

Oh his little baby elf, Chanyeol loses everything.

Though he managed to pick up life from the incident, Chanyeol find it hard to adapt to his own apartment. It was lonely and empty. He misses her, and of course his baby daughter. The mistress is gone for good, and he begged to re-marry his ex-wife. But that was useless. She’s gone for good.

It was a pathetic attempt, he had done it for the past eight month. Chanyeol desperately meet her, chasing her here and there, but she said it was over. Over for forever and that left Chanyeol regret more. Not that getting back together is what he wanted, he felt guilty for his own daughter.

What if her friend teases her for not having a father to grow up with? What if her boyfriend hurt her because she didn’t have a father that could protect her? Who would walk with her when she is fully dressed in white and about to spend the rest of her lifetime with a male in black suit? Moreover, who would take care of his old self when he is sick on bed and dying? That thought never left Chanyeol.

In the process of a divorce is one thing, however, a restraining order was sent from the court a week ago. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. Following her around is not a bad thing, right? He didn’t mean any harm. What’s wrong with sleeping in a car, parked by her driveway every night? So he may climbed up to her room, sneaked into her house and surprise her enough to let her call the police.

“Last warning my ,” Chanyeol muttered under his breath. “No paper is going to stop me from seeing you, my darling.” His lips curled into a smirk, one that he always wear every time he was challenged.

Indeed he was stupid because later that night, he came over her house again. He waited for hours. That’s how desperate he is. Chanyeol wanted to look at her face, one that he missed to appreciate before their separation. He craved for her hugs and kisses that by the second she open the door, he’ll definitely get one and indeed he did. He flailed his arms around as soon as the door open, but the person have bigger build and of course, it didn’t belong to his soon-to-be ex-wife.

With a bang on his head, Chanyeol cringed and gritted his head. He fluttered his eyes open slowly as he rubbed his forehead, pained from the collision. The person he hugged earlier is taller than him by a few inches, his brown hair combed in a smart way and based on his facial features, the male is foreign. Chanyeol straightened his back, he accidentally throw himself towards the former Miss Park’s lawyer.

“Kris.” Chanyeol smiled, as polite as possible. Though he tried to restrain himself from strangling the male. “What are you doing here, Mr. Wu?”

The said male smiled back, well more like a smirk. He’s quirky that way. “I should be asking you the same question, Mr. Park.” The attorney fixed his suits before he step out of the entrance, pulling Chanyeol along.

“What the–”

“You shouldn’t be here.” Kris curtly said. He pulled the latter until they stood out of her gate.

“A few minutes.” Chanyeol bargained to which the lawyer rolled his eyes. “I just need to tuck my baby girl to bed and bid her goodnight.”

“And then force yourself again to Miss Park?” Kris crossed his arms. “Do not challenge the order of the court, Mr. Park.”

Chanyeol grabbed the lawyer by the collar, crumpling his branded black tie. “Well if it wasn’t for you, this wouldn’t happen.”

“Correction. This wouldn’t happen if you didn’t cheat.” Kris slapped the grip away and pushed Chanyeol so that the male give him his personal space. “I hate cheaters.”

With that, Kris walked away from the neighborhood. He warn Chanyeol again, never to set foot on the premises or he’ll have to risk meeting the other in court — slapped with fines or even worst, a stay in the jail for stalking and invading privacy.

It took a good couple of thinking for Chanyeol to understand the risks he’s taking. Nonetheless, he walk towards the front porch again, pushing the bell repetitively and refuse to stop unless the door is open. He was persistent and Miss Park acknowledge this. Her soon-to-be ex-husband is one stubborn male. She resort to solve the problem by calling the police. Minutes after, she watched Chanyeol dragged out of her premises and shoved inside the police vehicle.

As much as she hated to do this, she was devastated. It doesn’t matter if Chanyeol will be spending the night in jail. As long as she have a good night sleep because the previous nights is never safe for her to do so. She have this fear that Chanyeol may be out of his mind. He was crazy beyond words.

 

The bed was stiff, a great resemblance to his stiff couch in his office. Chanyeol awaken by the sound of the metal bar door clicked open, being unlocked by one of the officer.

“Park Chanyeol, you are free to go.”

“Thank god!” the said male jumped out of the bed and grabbed his jacket. He skipped out and his smiles grew wider as he caught the sight of a familiar male. Kim Jongdae bail him out of jail again!

“Jongdae my man!” Chanyeol throw his arms around his best friend’s shoulder and give it a squeeze.

Jongdae chuckled by the action. He giggled further as Chanyeol’s fingers brushed his neck. He was ticklish even by a slight touch and his neck is his sensitive spot. “Careful. Or I’ll charge you with ual harassment.”

“But I’m your best friend, Chen.” Chanyeol pouted. Jongdae snickered as he heard his cute nick name from the tall male. Chanyeol only did it because he knew it was cute. What a teasing adorable giant elf.

They both stood in front of a desk where a male in police uniform diverted his attention from the childish males and write a written statement that Park Chanyeol is free to go.

“Sign here, Mr. Kim and Mr. Park.” The officer said and hand them the paper.

Jongdae signed immediately, glancing at the officer and Chanyeol swear he saw a twinkle in his best friend’s eyes. He nudge Jongdae by the ribs using his elbow, motioning him to give the paper for him to sign.

After he return the paper, the officer smiled and that caught his attention. No wonder Jongdae have that twinkle in his eyes. The officer have a rather pale skin but that was no exception to his unique heart shaped smile. Chanyeol have no idea how old the officer is, he was young of course. Moreover, his dark black hair with a fringe covering his forehead complete his look to resemble a handsome teenage boy.

Do Kyungsoo.

The letters engraved on the metal plate placed on the officer’s desk. Chanyeol make a mental note to remember the name. He have the hunch that a certain someone will ask sooner or later.

They both bowed awkwardly to the handsome officer and walk out of the police department, silence accompanied them along the way. Both of the male minds wander to whatever they were thinking, not until Chanyeol stopped as Jongdae accidently bumped into a person to which Jongdae immediately apologized.

The person he bumped to have a pale grey hair that tucked up in a way that it looks like he was electrocuted. The male gave Jongdae a small smirk. Despite his olive skin, he was quite attractive but not as attractive as the officer. The officer is more to Jongdae’s taste. Young and gentle.

“What was that, Dae? Chanyeol scoffed. Obviously his best friend’s mind wanders to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter