Shade 2

The Pinkish Shade of MinWoo

MINO POV

“S-sorry, I’m really clumsy.” Was the last thing I heard before the source of those words met my eyes. In an instant, heaven opens and a host of angelic beings appeared singing a high-pitch incomprehensible song. An angel, disguised in an ugly hoodie graced me with his presence. He’s so far from what I’ve imagined. So young – and attractive, very attractive. He’s quite tall, though not taller than me. He has a dark copper colored hair and big doe eyes, so deep I feel like drowning by looking at them. It takes a moment for me to find my voice.

 

“Um. Song Mino-ssi. Nice meeting you.” The angel stretched out his arm. In a daze, I place my hand in his and we shake. As our fingers touch, I feel an odd exhilarating shiver run through me. I withdraw my hand hastily, embarrassed. Must be static. I blink rapidly, my eyelids matching my heart rate.

 

“Seungyoon is indisposed, so he sent me. I hope you don’t mind if I do the orientation instead.” His voice is warm, though a bit shaky. He looks mildly interested, but above all, polite.

 

“No, not at all. I am grateful for you to spend your time with me. Thank you, Kim Jinwoo-ssi.”

 

“I’m probably older than you so you have to call me hyung,”

 

“No way, I’m 93line.”

“That makes me 2 years older then. I’m the oldest trainee here.” he says simply. From his sweet voice I know that he’s a really kind person.

 

“Wow! I’m mind blown, you don’t look like it hyung.”

“That’s what they all say. Shall we start your YG Trainee Life 101 now?” sweet smile.

We went around the four story building getting myself familiar with its structure. Jinwoo hyung said Seungyoon prepared an itinerary for us but why do I feel like we’ve been going in circles, passing by the places we’ve been to before a few times. We’d occasionally bump to people and Jinwoo would introduce me as the ‘new trainee, Song Mino’.  I’m not complaining though, aside from I’m not in the position to complain, I’m really enjoying this orientation with this little guy in front me. He will side-eye me with a concerned look from time to time and gives a nervous one-of-a-kind laugh the next. He’s so freakishly adorable I wanna tie him up and devour him. Oh, what did I just thought about. Geez, erase that. I am a renewed person plus I cannot possibility bring that with me here. I just can’t.

 

“G-Dragon,” I heard him say. After my internal monologue, I just noticed we are in a room filled with all the YG artists posters hanging around the walls.

 

“Wow, where are we hyung?” This place is amazing. There are shelves of trophies, albums and other different achievements of their artists.

 

“This is the archive room. But personally, this is like my motivation room. I look at G-Dragon hyung’s poster all the time when I feel like giving up. He is my biggest motivation. Someday I dreamt of being successful just like him.” He peeled his eyes from the poster and slowly look at me. Our eyes met in silence. Yes I share the exact same dream only right now, something else is blocking my thought. Costumes, toys, Jinwoo, me, bed. What the hell am I thinking. I have to stop this.

 “I can totally relate to that hyung,” was my only reply while keeping my eyes on him. Did he blush before looking away? Nah, probably just my imagination.

We finished the tour in the cafeteria which was the greatest part of it. I was really starving. I skipped my breakfast rushing my way here and it’s just time for lunch now. Jinwoo explained a few more rules about cafeteria meals. So we only get to have one serving of meals since the trainees are also in controlled diet. I think I can cope with that. We both grab our food and opted to spend the lunch time talking casually and getting to know each other more.

 

“You’re very young to have amassed such an experience in the industry. You must’ve worked really hard.” I heard him stated. I lift my head up from concentrating on my plate to be welcomed with the sweetest smile, yet with the saddest eyes I’ve ever seen. This brought a stir of baffling emotions that I can’t quite understand myself.

 

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“Well, I heard you were a famous underground rapper and have actually debuted in a boy group and before that you also trained with Block B right?

“Oh I see. Well, it was nothing. Yes it gave me ground experience but it came with a lot of setbacks too. I guess I worked hard, but I felt like I also lost a lot.” I tried to explain without giving further details. That certain past in my life wasn’t worth looking back on.

 

“I think I’ve been working really hard too for the past 3 years as a trainee. But unlike you, I wasn’t even able to step beyond that to even experience a setback.” He said with that same sad smile before busying himself with his food.

 

I think I get now where his sadness came from. I am about 2 years younger than him, but I’ve at least experienced debuting and performing on stage. I have heard the cheers of fans and experience singing my song. Being an artist, I at least somehow reached my dreams in a way. So whether or not I became successful with YG, I won’t regret anything.

“Your time will come hyung, it has to. For a kind person like you, finding your success and happiness is expected.” I tried to sound as cheerful as I can to lift the gloomy atmosphere.

“Yeah.”

The next succeeding minutes became irritatingly awkward. We’ll get out one or two sentences about how nice is the food, how good is the weather and all that crap then fall silent again. What am I going to do with you Kim Jinwoo? After realizing his sentiments, I feel like I am here, destined to bring him happiness he deserves so much. I wanna see him fulfil his dreams and be successful. But then again, who am I, look at me I’m just a trainee myself. What can the likes of me do to bring him happiness… Unless…

.

“Do you have any interests outside music?” I heard him ask, cutting my train of thoughts.

 

He smiles, revealing perfect white teeth. I stop breathing. He really is beautiful. No one should be this good-looking. Oh god!

 

 

 

JINWOO POV

Ugh! I should’ve ask something less awkward, he might think I’m poking in his personal life even though we just met. This is my entire fault anyway. Me and my dramatic ways, I should really learn how to be tougher or at least control my emotions.

 

“I have varied interests, hyung.” A ghost of a smile touches his lips. “Very var­ied.” And for some reason, I’m perplexed and heated by his steady gaze. His eyes are alight with some wicked thought. Am I sensing this right?

 

“But if you work so hard, what do you do to chill out?” I’m trying really hard not to get distracted.

 

“Well, to ‘chill out’ as you put it – I go clubbing with friends, watch movies, play video games and...” He shifts in his chair with a lingering gaze “…other absorbing hobbies,” he said as if trying to test the water.

I glance quickly at my watch, wanting to get off this subject. Why does his answer make me uncomfortable? I mean those hobbies can mean a million different things right? But still, I’d rather not ask. He’s probably sensing my awkward gestures again. Damn, what is wrong with me? Oh yes, I remembered Seungyoon has a set of questions for new trainees that he gave me, he said it’s important to do a sort of background check. If it’s Seungyoon I know it will be more intelligible questions than what I randomly spurt out.

I rummage my backpack to look for that piece of paper. I know it’s here somewhere.

 

“Hyung, Are you looking for something?”

“Ah yep. It’s a list of questions Seungyoon prepared for the new trainees. I think I’d just use that than trust my mouth with random awkward queries.” Oops, did I just say that out loud? T_T

I heard him stifle a laugh which I deliberately ignored.

“Ehem, here I found it. I almost forgot about this list. It’s not really required though, are you okay with this?”

“It’s part of the orientation right? It’s fine. Go ahead, shoot.”

“Oh okay, let’s just do a fast Q & A, so I ask one question, you give me one answer. No follow-up questions so you can choose what answer you’re gonna give to still protect your privacy. So first up, family background.”

“Well, I have a younger sister who’s still living with both my parents. Mom and dad are both working as professionals. Our family is very close so we always spend the holidays together and I made sure to always spend time with them. Next”

“Intended future career path? Like producer, actor or building your own company?”

“I think producer.”

“Good. Uhmm.. years of contract?”

“Classified.” I heard him answer before giving me a wide grin, striking my sight of his perfect pearly white teeth. I’ll just continue reading the questions without looking at him or I might go blind after this.

“Favourite YG artist?”

“Taeyang and Tablo”

“Why you choose YG?”

“To be honest, I submitted my audition tapes to a lot of companies, including YG. I’m that desperate. Fortunately YG is one of the companies who responded positively. So I chose YG because it’s ‘YG’. I think you know what I mean.”

“Yup I know exactly what you mean.”Seungyoon’s questions are all on point. I feel like I’m really getting to know him. I should’ve thought of doing this earlier.

“Read the next question, hyung.”

“Yeah right. Okay, so are you gay?”

 

**********************************************************************************

Author:

Sorry guys I am a pile of mess recently, going through middle life (singlehood) crises XD LOL! I'm a klutz lately so I'm really sorry for not updating this for long and in my return I gave you another boring chapter, bian! ~_~; Like I said last time, this story's progression might be too slow because Mino and Jinwoo just kept telling me to write and write their POV and I can't ressist it, so there you have it >_< (I think I'm losing my mind) Anyway, thank you so much for being patient, I know we are all minwoo deprived right now so I promise to work hard and update this story sooner. And also, a little too late but... KYAAAHHHHHH!!!!! OUR BABIES FINALLY DEBUTED AND THEY RELEASED 3 KOREAN VERSIONS OF THEIR ALBUMS AND ANOTHER JAPANESE VERSION THEN THEY'LL BE RELEASING WINNER TV DVD COLLECTION AND ACCKKKK WE ARE CALLED INNERCIRCLE WITH OUR VERY OWN LIGHTSTICK ALREADY WITH 100+ WINNER MERCHANDIZES!!!!!  IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING RIGHT????? WE'RE GONNA GET POOR~~~~ T_____T LOL DONT MIND ME!

I love you all! kamsahmida *bow*