Louder than Life

Songs of our Lives

*♥*Louder than life*♥*

 

 

Song:  Drumming Song

 

In ah couldn’t hear anything but the beat of her own heart. It was swelling within her like a wave, building as her face heated. He was coming closer, he was looking straight at her and he was coming closer!

She couldn’t feel if she was breathing or not.

Lee Joon came to a stop before her and smirked.
Her eyes grew wide at the glimmer she saw within his. He was going to humiliate her again, she just knew it, and all because he had heard her that day two months ago when she’d been up on the rooftop of the school with her friend Hyeo rin.

She had confessed!

Indirectly, yes, but it was still a confession when the person you are speaking of steps out from around the corner, just after you reveal your feelings for him, with a knowing smirk upon his face. He had cockily leaned up against the brick wall whilst folding his arms and laughed at her, laughed!

She was humiliated and had been since that day when he had decided to make her his pet project. No matter where she went she heard the other students whispering, snickering about what Lee Joon, the campus Kingka, was going to do to her.

He was staring into her eyes now and she gulped.
‘Can he hear it? Is it beating so loud?’

His fingertip slid down the side of her face softly and she felt herself lean into it. Her eyes snapped open when she heard the snickers around her.

Joon was just watching her with a strange expression on his face, but all she could see was the mocking faces of the student body surrounding them at that moment.

His touch, sweeter than heaven turned to a scalding heat that pitched her into hell as her head began to spin from the humiliation creeping up . She felt the burning behind her eyes and she jerked back away from him.
His hand fell to his side as he continued to look at her as if seeing her for the first time.

In ah shook her head vehemently and turned, running off in the opposite direction, laughter following her until she burst from the doors into the brightness of the day.  

She ran, not knowing where she would go. She just had to get away from that place before they saw her tears, before they saw her pain. She ran past the church as the mid-day bells chimed from the tower. It was no use, she could still hear it.

The noise filled her and she felt her ears would burst from it. Suddenly there was the river directly in front of her and, without pause, she dove in hoping the cool water would drown out the noise.

The dark water enveloped her form and dragged her down into its depths with icy fingers. It stole her breath but the drumming grew louder and louder filling her head. It echoed within her, swallowing her until she couldn’t tell if she was up or down. Just as her aching lungs gave in to the burning and opened to take a non-existent breath a hand reached into the chill waters and gripped her collar.

She was drug from the bosom of death by the one man she had never wanted to see again.

Lee Joon sat next to her shaking body gasping for air as harsh coughing  was heaved from the girl on the ground beside him.

“What the hell were you thinking?” He yelled when she began to breathe normally.

In ah looked at him then and he saw the tears flowing from her velvety brown eyes. He was stunned at the answer she screamed back at him.

“It’s all because of you! Is it that fun to torture me over my feelings for you? Does it make you feel good?”

Joon stared at her, speechless.

“That’s what I thought. You can rest easy now Lee Joon, I will no longer have feelings for you. I will kill them along with this drumming in my head!” She stood up to make a move back to the cold waters of the Han River.

Joon jumped up and grabbed her arm. “Don’t”

She scoffed at him and jerked her arm from his grasp. “Don’t try and stop me this time. “

Joon gripped her tightly and swung her around until she was enfolded in his embrace.

“I don’t want you to drown out the noise.” He whispered into her wet hair.

She took a shuddering breath and grabbed his clinging white shirt at the back of his arms.

“Don’t toy with me.” She said just as softly.

“I will never do that.”

He loosened his hold only to press his lips against hers in a fierce kiss that finally drowned out the beating of her heart.

His arms held her so gently and his mouth tasted like a chill winter morning. The silence that washed over her was heaven itself. He was her savior in more ways than one.

Lee Joon, the man she had adored since she was a freshman, had finally wakened to her love.

They stood there trembling in the cold air, dripping river-water upon the pavement, and couldn’t have been happier. As they pulled apart both of them smiled bright enough to rival the afternoon sun.

Louder than sirens, louder than bells, sweeter than heaven and hotter than hell, this love had put her through so much, but it had all been worth it in the end.

As the sounds of the day crept in around them, you could hear them laughing…