You... like me?

My Goalie

Minho ended up being late for dinner and the lecture he got from his mother almost ruined his night, but then he would think of how soft Jinki’s fingers were against his cheek and how plush his lips were against his own. Thoughts of Jinki would bring a huge smile on his face that he would either try really hard to smother, or end up giggling behind his hand. His mother heated him up a plate and he ate it quietly at the now empty dining table. He debated whether or not to text Jinki, because he should be able to after that kiss right? He didn’t have to debate for long because the older boy’s name was flashing on his screen a moment later. It wasn’t a text message, but a phone call, and Minho really wished he was up in his room.

 

He answered it anyway. Jinki’s soft, warm voice came through the speaker slowly. “Hey Minho. I just got home. I hope I’m not bothering you.”

 

“No. You aren’t.” Of course he had to forget he had a mouthful of meat and rice.

 

Minho blushed as Jinki’s warm laughter reached his ear. It was soft and carefree. “Seems like you’re eating. You could have said something you know. I would have gotten you more at the cafeteria.”

 

He rushed to swallow the lump of food to reply. Only to have a fit of coughs rake his body. He in a breath before saying, “No no no. It’s fine. My mom kind of made me. She’s really into the whole ‘eat what I make you’ thing.”

 

There was the soft sound of clothes being pulled over something, Minho took a guess that Jinki was changing (which made him blush), and then a dim sound of a mattress bouncing. The older boy let out a gentle huff before continuing, “I, uh, also wanted to apologize for the um kiss.”

 

Minho almost choked. “W-wh-at Why?”

 

More laughter but this time nervous. “Slow down Minho. Don’t want you to choke.” A deep breath was taken before the boy continued. “I just kind of forced it on you. I don’t want to do that you know.”

 

There was something stuck at the back of his throat, and he cursed it’s existence as he tried to cough it loose. Jinki sounded like he was getting even more nervous on the other line with the way his breathing at changed, and Minho didn’t want that. “It wasn’t forced. I loved it.” Then he realized what he had said. “I mean… I mean it was nice ya know? I mean as kisses go and all.”

 

Minho could almost see Jinki smiling as he chuckled and said, “Thank you? I guess.”

 

“NO Jinki that’s not-“ If these coughs didn’t go away Minho was going to sue life.

 

“I know Minho. It was a nice kiss.” Jinki’s voice was so soft that Minho wondered if he was trying really hard to not be heard by his parents. “On my end too I mean.”

 

Just then his mother decided to come see how he was doing on his dinner. “Who are you talking to at this hour?”

 

“Uh, my team’s Captain?”

 

She didn’t seem to believe him. “Are you sure it’s not some pretty girl.”

 

Through the receiver that was pressed against his ear he heard Jinki stifle a giggle, “I dunno. Maybe. I am kind of pretty.”

 

Minho wanted to strangle him. Kiss him too, but mostly strangle. “Yes Ma. I’m sure. Can I please be excused to my room now?” She gave him a look before sighing and nodding. She quietly took the plate away as Minho dashed up the stairs. Once at the top he mumbled to Jinki, “You are such a pain.”

 

Just wait until practice!” Jinki said cheerfully, but then his tone grew solemn. “I uh, I don’t know what you want, or feel, at least with me, and I don’t want to say what I feel over the phone. Would you mind going somewhere with me during lunch so we can talk?

 

“Okay.”

 

A rushed breath was heard, “Okay, good. I’ll let you get some homework done. I’ll see you in the morning okay Minho?”

 

“Okay Hyung.” Was his voice really that soft sounding? Was it really that low and whispery?

 

Your voice is really pretty when you talk softly.” Jinki yawned, “But goodnight.”

 

Minho was blushing way too hard to even think about pressing the end call button. He was glad Jinki was a little more level headed.

 

 

                                                                                          --------

 

 

 In the morning Minho opened his locker to find a small blue box. It was wooden, and seemed to be painted after being bought, but it had a tiny little note attached to it. He looked around the halls for a moment before turning back to the box. After gently unhooking the note off of it he softly but quickly opened the paper. “I thought you could use some. ~ Jinki”

 

Bewildered he opened the tiny golden clasp and lifted the top. Inside were tiny little hard candies of all shapes, but on closer inspection Minho realized they were cough drops. They were all individually wrapped in colorful plastic. He had been coughing the rest of the night. The thought that Jinki got this for him because of the few coughing fits he had over the phone made his body feel warm and fuzzy inside.

 

He glanced over his shoulder at the older boy’s locker to find him nowhere in sight. That didn’t stop him from closing the tiny box and sliding it into his blazers pocket. Nor him putting the tiny little folded up note into his pocket. To you know, keep it safe.

 

 

                                                                                          ---------

 

Come lunch time Jinki was sitting on the stairs near their row of lockers. His bag was at his feet, his shirt untucked and Minho was pretty sure one of his shoe laces were untied. He was leaning back against the step behind him, face soft as he watched each way. Probably for Minho. Jinki’s face alit when he saw the boy standing at his locker. He pushed off the stairs and gave him a warm smile as he walked over.

 

Minho gently on the cough drop that was in his mouth, shoved over into his cheek as he tried to smile without it falling out. Jinki assessed his clothing. “Are you cold? Who wears a sweater AND a blazer in September?”

 

Minho just stuck his tongue out before shoving his books into his locker. He grabbed his notebook for his next class and the novel he was supposed to be reading for tomorrow before the locker was slammed shut. He turned with a smile. “So where are we going?”

 

“Ah my secret place.” Jinki gave a small smile, the right corner of his lips lifting slightly. “So sshhh shhh hush hush get what I mean?”

 

Minho giggled as he was nudged gently. Jinki smiled warmly before taking his hand and leading him up the stairs to the top level. There weren’t many students in the hallways, most in lunch or in class, as they jogged down and turned a corner. He was pulled up one more tiny flight of stairs and up onto the roof. He was momentarily blinded by how bright Jinki’s smile was that he failed to take in his new surroundings. Jinki’s voice snapped him out of his daze.

 

“So what do you think?” He finally glanced around the room.

 

There were what seemed like hundreds of flowers potted everywhere. From trees of all sizes, to flowers. The entire area around them was covered in them. “What is this place?”

 

“Well, when the accident happened I failed to do a lot of my science work, so to be able to advance to high school my teacher talked with the principal and allowed me to do this for credit. It’s a little greenhouse. It’s my little pride and joy to be honest with you.”

 

“It’s beautiful Jinki.”

 

Jinki’s smile had to be brighter than the sun above them. “Thank you~” It then dawned on him that Jinki had something to tell him. Something about feelings and what he wanted, and his stomach felt like he dropped 3 feet. He didn’t want to seem nervous, or even bring it up yet, so he busied himself with smelling the soft pink roses that were near him. Of course the roses couldn’t save him for long. “Minho do you mind taking a seat?”

 

He tried to laugh his nervousness off but even to him it sounded frightening. “Why do you sound all serious?”

 

Jinki looked slightly pained from his spot. “Because my feelings for you are a serious matter.”

 

Minho his lips and softly swallowed. Why did his throat feel so dry all of a sudden? He quietly took a seat before asking softly. “Uh feelings?”

 

“I didn’t just kiss you because your lips were there last night.” The boy was rubbing his hands together, and he looked nothing like the cool and collected captain on the field Minho was so used to seeing. “I like you Minho. I have for a while. I catch myself staring at you moments after you smile because it’s just so beautiful, and my heart races when you laugh at something I’ve said. You don’t have to like me back okay? But I had to tell you that I think you’re amazing, and if given the chance I’d be honored to have the opportunity to be your boyfriend.”

 


“Boyfriend?” Jinki’s face fell at the crack in his voice. “You… li-like me?”

 

“Yes.” The word was soft and rushed. “I understand if you think I’m disgusting or if you want to tell-“

 

“I’d love to.”

Jinki was rambling on about something but suddenly stopped as Minho’s words registered in his mind. “Wait what?”

 

After a deep breath Minho smiled, “I’d love to be your boyfriend. I like you too.” Jinki’s body seemed to relax as a warm, happy smile spread across his face. Minho was blushing as he asked, with a floppy flick of his hand in gesture. “Does this mean we can do the kissing thing whenever we like?”

 

Jinki chuckled. “Yes. Yes it does.”

 

Minho his lips. “Can we revisit it now?”

 

Jinki’s smile widened as he brought his hand up to rest on Minho’s knee. “Of course.”

 

Minho felt like he was soaring among the clouds the moment that Jinki’s plush, warm lips pressed fully against his own.

 

                                                                                                         --------

 

 

 

The rest of the day went by in a blur. The only things Minho really remembered were the conversations he had with Jinki. They talked about everything and anything. From history homework, to the tiny little caterpillar they had found on one of the flowers up on the roof that they named Billy Bob. They both knew that they would need to talk more about what exactly they were, but for right then neither thought it was important.

 

Minho met Jinki at his locker right after school to walk to the locker room like they always did. It was game night, which meant Jonghyun freaking out and Jinki hitting him with a towel to shut him up. Minho never really understood why Jonghyun freaked out. He sat the bench most of the time as a sub for Jinki, but their captain never wanted a break, and if the coach ordered it from him he refused.

 

As they walked their hands were close enough that they brushed together, but from the little bit of talking they did earlier they had a clear understanding that coming out would end rather badly. Every so often Minho could feel Jinki looking at him, and he tried really hard to hide the blush he was sure was coloring his cheeks.

 

They were a couple minutes late, but the coach wasn’t there yet so they got off easy. Jinki flashed him a bright grin as he ran his hand along his hip. The touch was small, and no one would notice, but it left Minho to hide his face in his locker and glance at the older boy as he walked around the row of lockers to his own with a slight smirk on his lips.

 

Luhan looked at him concerned, “Are you okay Minho?”

 

He swallowed thickly. “Yeah. Just fine Luhan.”

 

The boy didn’t seem convinced but he smiled nonetheless and wished him a good game before closing his locker and heading the center of the locker room where the team would meet once everyone was changed. He worked to get changed quickly and put his school uniform neatly folded into his locker. Once he made it to the middle of the room everyone was already there. He spotted a spot on the bench right in front of Jinki and when the boy smiled at him he had a feeling that he had saved it just for him.

 

Once seated he felt two hands gently grasp his shoulders, and then warm breath against his ear. “You seem tense.”

 

“Just a little pregame jitters you know.” He glanced up and over at Jinki, and the smile he was given almost calmed all his nerves.

 

“You’ll do great tonight. We practiced remember?” His hands softly squeezed Minho’s shoulders once more before slipping away, but the contact didn’t disappear altogether. He had no idea if Jinki meant to have his fingertips touching him, but it felt good nonetheless. It was calming just to know he was there.

 

The small quiet chatter of the room died down the moment their coach stepped through his office door. “Alright punks. Anyone know who we’re playing against?”

 

“The number one team in the city?” Jonghyun ventured uncertain.

 

“Hey look you can get something correct!” Jonghyun flinched slightly, “That means no mistakes. No missed shots. If you take it there better be a good reason as to why you are shooting it. Don’t make idiotic decisions because they are good at incepting a shot in the middle and sending it the other way. Don’t, and I mean DO NOT, overwork your goalie. Jinki’s good, but I don’t need him diving after balls that shouldn’t even have been shot. Understood?” Every single boy’s head nodded. “Good. They aren’t here yet, so we’re going to go do some drills. Jinki and Luhan will lead. I have to call the referees that aren’t here yet.”

 

Jinki nodded at the coach, and the man walked back into his office. “Alright I’ll get the balls. Luhan do you mind setting the markers off for shooting drill 4?”

 

“Sure thing Cap!”

 

                                                                                          -----

 

 

When it came down to the game by the end of the first half they were winning by 1. Minimal mistakes were made, but as they jogged into the locker room to escape the downpour that had started to drench them a little more than 7 minutes in they knew that their coach wasn’t pleased.

 

Minho had his head hung in his hands, fingers pushed up in his hair, when a cold surface was pressed against his arm. He looked up startled only to find a smiling Jinki holding a water bottle. “Thought you might need it.”

 

“Thanks.” Jinki slowly sat next to him, close enough that their thighs touched, and it was then Minho realized that he didn’t have a bottle of his own. “Where’s yours?”

 

Jinki looked up from the playbook in his lap for a moment, one given to him by the coach at the end of the half to look at before their talk, before looking back down with a flip of a page. “In your hand, and no I don’t want it back. I got enough already. Drink up.”

 

The coach was standing before them before he could respond. “Okay. I could give you props for only allowing them a single goal, but then that would undermine the sheer about of Jinki saved you. Yixing, that’s pass was weak and uncontrolled. Chansung, what was that shot? What are we in grade school? And don’t even get me started on the lack of COMMUNICATION.”

 

Jinki closed the book on his lap before speaking up. “Sir, if you don’t mind that I speak?”

 

“Sure.” The coach flung his hand around in Jinki’s direction before plopping on his seat.

 

“Thanks.” Jinki then turned to his teammates. “Even though I’m flattered by the coach’s words, we aren’t winning because of the blocked shots I made. Yes there is a lack of communication, but that’s mainly my fault. The number of shots taken was drastically lessened by you all. Coach’s words should be respected, and I expect the mistakes to be corrected. Understood guys?”

 

“Yes Jinki.”

 

“Good.” He turned toward the coach and was surprised to see a smile on his face. “You all need to understand that one mistake won’t cost us the game, but what will is if you don’t put immediate action into correcting it. Communicate with each other if you have no idea what you can do. A couple seconds asking a question between possessions will benefit us in the long run.” A shrill bell could be heard signaling the start of the second half. Jinki glanced at his coach to get a nod before continuing. “I expect us to go out there and win because we are better than them. Each one of you is important to this team. Falcons on three. 1, 2, 3.”

 

“Falcons!”

 

                                                                                             ------

 

 

 

When the buzzer sounded the ball was already off the ground. The game was all up to if Jinki could block the shot and leave the score at 2-3. Minho knew that it was only seconds, but it felt like minutes. It felt like the entire stadium was frozen as Jinki's eye’s caught the ball’s trajectory. He pushed off the ground, arms stretched out in attempt to get the ball. The moment his hands securely wrapped around the wet ball and was safely snug against his middle the frozen silence shattered as the stadium erupted into hollering and screaming. Jinki slowly pushed off the ground as Minho jogged over to him. The other team members were on their way over, but he got their first. He brought Jinki into a tight hug only to hear him grimace.

 

He pulled away slightly and asked softly, “Are you okay?”

 

Jinki gave a soft smile, “Just a little bruised. I’ll be fine. Come on.”

 

As the rest of the team approached the small smile widened, but Minho didn’t miss how Jinki’s face flashed in pain as he was jostled between them.

 

 

 

                                                                                                         -------

 

 

 

 That night there was another sleepover over at Jinki’s house. More boys stayed over than the previous times because of the fact that they won. It was something to celebrate. Minho didn’t want to mind, but he found that he did. Maybe he wanted to talk with Jinki more, have more time with him, or maybe just less people. That didn’t stop him from enjoying himself with his teammates though.

 

When Jinki challenged him to a game of ping pong the night really took off for him. He couldn’t say he was a master at ping pong, because in all honesty he had never once picked up a paddle, but it couldn’t be that hard.

 

Jinki gently took a hold of his hand after they turned the corner. He smiled warmly as he slowly snuck a kiss in the moment the basement door was shut behind them. No one came down here. This was Jinki’s dad’s area so no one even dared, but Minho really enjoyed the peace. Another soft kiss before they finished making their way to the table. There were two paddles and a small bowl of balls. The balls were all different colors.

 

As Jinki slid him his paddle he said, “You get to choose the ball.” For some reason the ball with the turtle on it seemed like a good choice. He didn’t even think to ask why there was even a turtle on it. Who thinks of those things? “You know how to play right?”

 

“Uh kind of?”

 

Jinki leaned back on the heels of his feet and crossed his arms. There was a slight smirk gracing his lips, “And what does king of mean?”

 

“I watched a movie once.” Loud, deep and rich sounding laughter filled the space. Minho pouted slightly. “Hey… hey don’t laugh at me.”

 

“We don’t really have to play Minho.”

 

Minho blinked at him. “Then why did you ask me to play?”

 

“To be alone with you silly.”

 

“Oh.” He really was just saying that because he felt like he had to, but then it clicked as his eyes widened. “Oh!”

 

Jinki giggled. “Not like that. I just want to talk.”

 

“I thought couples didn’t like talking?”

 

“You’ve really been watching too many dramas Minho.” Jinki said as he softly shook his head. He glanced at his watch before looking up with a soft smile. “How about I go tell the boys it’s nearing quiet hour and we go talk in my room? Does that sound good?”

 

His room? Minho gulped. “Sure.”

 

Jinki was walking past him when he gently pressed a kiss to his cheek. “Don’t look so nervous. I’m not going to push you for anything. We go at this, whatever you want to call this, at whatever pace you set.” He squeezed his hand, “I’ll meet you up in my room okay?”

 

Minho nodded and Jinki was disappeared up the steps in a jog.

 

 

 

                                                                                          --------

 

 

 

They ended up lying next to each other on the queen sized bed looking up at the glow in the dark painted stars up on the ceiling. Minho has asked quietly if the light could be turned off, and Jinki was more than willingly to do whatever he wanted.

 

Minho to his side and hugged his pillow. He could see Jinki’s profile slightly from the dim glow above them, and he was beautiful. Problem was Minho hadn’t expected him to notice. “Something on your mind?” Jinki voice was soft, drowsy. As if he had almost dosed off into sleep a moment before.

 

Minho figured he could have lied. He could have said something about his history project due in a couple days that he hasn’t finished typing up yet. He could talk about how his foot had a very persistent itch on it, but it wasn’t what had him dazed. “You.”

 

Jinki’s laughter was warm, soft, and beautiful. His eyes closed as his lips parted wide and the soft melody left his throat. He turned his head toward him and opened his eyes. He reached for Minho’s hand and grasped it softly. “You’re a fluff ball. A cheesy fluff ball.”

 

Minho shrugged. They had laid here on this bed what he knew had to be hours talking about everything. They talked about the scar Minho had on his cheek and how he got it. About the pink bowtie piggybank sitting on Jinki’s desk. Even about why for 5 years Jinki went by the name Onew. He had explained it was a ‘complicated time in my life’.

 

A wide smile spread across Jinki’s lips. It was different than his other huge smiles. All his teeth were shown sure, but his eyes softly slid closed as a soft breath was left out. He was sleepy, there was no doubt about that, and Minho thought he was kind of cute. His voice was something entirely different though. It was that night that he found out he rather enjoyed Jinki’s tired voice. Maybe a little too much. “Maybe I should go downstairs to sleep.” Minho mumbled.

 

Had Jinki gotten closer? “You can stay here if you want. If you go down there you’ll wake somebody up.”

 

“That’s true.” The words rolled off his tongue automatically. Minho was 87 percent sure he wasn’t controlling a single word coming from his mouth. A soft kiss was pressed against his nose before Jinki tossed a blanket over him.

 

“Goodnight Minho.”

 

“G-goodnight.” Jinki chuckled and squeezed his hand before turning around and pulling up his own blanket.

 

In the morning Jinki woke up to have Minho hugging him from the back. The younger boys arm was tight against his stomach, and he could feel the warm breaths against his neck. He really didn’t mind at all and just ‘went’ back to sleep.

 

 

                                                                                          -------

 

 

Their first real date was the carnival a town over a little over a week after they had started dating. Jinki got permission from his parents to take the car, and even took the time to ask Minho’s in person if he could go. They arrived a little before sunset. The air was cool as they locked up the car and Jinki softly took Minho’s hand into his.

 

Minho had a light jacket on, but as the sun set and the air got even chillier Jinki noticed him shivering. He bought him some hot chocolate before running back to the car. He returned with his varsity jacket. It was gently laid on Minho’s shoulders with a smile, but the boy was pouting. “You didn’t have to go get it for me.”

 

Jinki shrugged and took Minho’s hand into his to warm it up. “Being cold is no fun.” Minho softly laid his head on Jinki shoulder as they sat on the bench and watched the families go from booth to booth. They had walked passed most of them earlier before they rode the Ferris wheel. Minho hummed as warmth filled him. Jinki laughed softly at him. “Warm now?”

 

“Mhmm.”

 

“Wanna go see me at throwing darts?”

 

Minho looked up at him, “What do I get out of it?”

 

He was gently poked in the cheek, “Come on silly.”

 

Minho quickly found out that he got a giant Elephant out of it. And that Jinki wasn’t so bad at throwing darts.

 

 

 

                                                                                           --------

 

 

 

 

Jinki kissed him goodnight in the darkness of the car. They were parked on the street so no one could see them if they looked out the window. Minho hummed against the kiss as Jinki deepened it. His own fingers moving up to Jinki’s neck.

 

But Jinki parted soon after with an apologetic smile. “You better get going. I promised I’d have you home by 11.”

 

Minho hmphed as he hugged his stuff elephant. “There’s still 15 minutes left!”

 

Jinki just smiled as he cupped his cheek and pecked his lips. “I’ll see you tomorrow okay?”

 

“Okay.” Minho reluctantly opened the door, but after stepping out of the car he leaned back in to steal another kiss and ask softly, “Text me?”

 

Jinki’s grin spoke volumes. “Of course.”

 

“Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight Minho~”

 

Jinki waited until Minho stepped through the door and the door was closed before driving off. Smiling like a love sick fool from how cute the small wave the younger boy gave him was.

 

He ended up calling him. Both ended up whispering so softly it was a wonder either could hear. But it was 1 in the morning and their mother’s couldn’t find out.

 

 

                                                                                          ----

 

 

After practice they would get showered and head to the library to study. Mostly it ended up a competition to see who could wait the longest to sneak a soft, quick kiss in. Jinki ended up winning. Lasting a little over 3 minutes.

 

They would then either grab something to eat, go over to one of their houses and eat dinner, or just go their separate ways to text all through dinner. It was simple, but it was time spent together not playing soccer. They loved playing, but with the coach being rather picky lately practice has become a little less fun.

 

One Wednesday evening before letting Minho walk inside Jinki softly kissed him and smiled as he said, “You’ll find tomorrow a little more interesting.”

 

“Interesting how?”

 

“The coach won’t be there.” Jinki kissed his cheek before sending him off. “I’ll see you later okay?”

 

“Okies.”

 

Jinki smiled softly. “Bye Baby.” That was another thing Minho enjoyed about dating Jinki.

 

When Jinki called him Baby.

 

 

 

                                                                                          -------

 

 

Jinki was completely correct when he said practice was going to be interesting. He and Jonghyun stood in the middle of the field with them spread out before them. It reminded Minho of the competition they did with the shooting.

 

“So you all might be wondering why we had you pick a piece of paper out of a hat. “ Jonghyun started.

 

“On it should have been either Jonghyun’s or my name. Those specify what group you are in.” Jinki explained with a smile. “If you would split for me.”

 

“Now the point of this game is to see which team scores the most points, but just shooting to a goalie would be really mundane and let’s be honest that so we’ve made it more interesting.”

 

“We’ll be attempting to block your shots while carrying a member on our backs.”

 

“Oh and the shooter also has a member on their back too.”

 

“That’s absurd.” Suho exclaimed.

 

Jonghyun and Jinki exchanged a look and shrugged. “We kind of are absurd.”

 

“You all get to choose who you want, after Jinki and I do.” Jonghyun motioned for Jinki to choose but he shook his head and allowed him to. “Uh okay. I want Yeosob.”

 

Jinki smiled as looked directly at Minho, “I want Minho.”

 

Jonghyun started to laugh as he tried to form a logically sentence. “He’s bigger than you are and you expect to carry him? You really have no idea how to play this game do you Jinki?”

 

Jinki shrugged, but his eyes never left Minho’s face as he walked out of the group. “We make a good team.” Jinki quite liked the red tint on his boyfriend’s cheeks.

 

                                                                                                         -----

 

 

 

Minho stood behind him completely unsure of the whole thing. “Are you sure this is safe Jinki?”

 

Jinki looked over his shoulder at him, “I won’t drop you.”

 

“That’s not…”

 

Jinki turned and took his hands into his own, and whispered, “I won’t drop you Baby. I promise.” Minho swallowed before nodding slowly. Jinki smiled widely, “Are you ready?” He turned around and counted to three. Minho gently jumped onto his back on the count of 3, and Jinki’s hands quickly found a spot under the taller boy’s thighs.

 

Minho’s lips were softly pressed against the shell of his ear as he asked softly, “You good?”

 

Jinki chuckled, “Perfect.”

 

It so happens Jonghyun has a huge mouth.

 

And is also an equally huge loser.

 

 

 

                                                                                                         ----

 

 

Minho really wasn’t one for movies. He never really understood the logic behind paying for a ticket to watch a movie that you’ll see on Netflix a couple months later for the same price, but Jinki asked him to go to the drive in movie. He really couldn’t say no to him. Believe him he’s tried to.

 

The movie was some movie from the 1980’s, completely in English and Minho decided 10 minutes in that his English class was a bunch of baloney.

 

After watching it for almost 30 minutes Minho was getting antsy. Jinki’s hand was warm in his own, both resting in his lap near his drink. His head was against Jinki’s shoulder, and for what seemed like the 384th time that night he cursed the middle between the seats. He shifted a little, trying to make his a little less numb when Jinki noticed his unrest. “Are you even watching the movie Baby?”

 

“Uh not really. I got confused about 20 minutes in.”

 

Jinki squeezed his hand, “So what have you been doing for 10 minutes?”

 

“Thinking.”

 

“About?”

 

“Uh…”

 

“Minho.”

 

“Well….”

 

Jinki made Minho look up at him. His fingers stayed on the younger boys chin as he asked, “Yes?”

 

The gaze dropped as quickly as it rose. “I kind of, um, wanted to kiss you?”

 

“Why the questioning tone?” Jinki asked teasingly.

 

“Why all the questions?!”

 

Jinki just smiled and brought their lips together, “You’re rather cute when you’re shy.”

 

Minho wanted to pout, but Jinki was brushing their lips together against in a soft kiss. “Mm Jinki.. I..”

 

Another kiss, “Yes?” And another, but this time on the corner of his mouth.

 

“I thought you were watching the movie.”

 

Jinki sighed. “Ya know you really change your mind a lot. Do you want me to kiss you or not?”

 

Minho straightened a little, “Yes please.”

 

“Then climb into the back. This middle thing is driving me insane.”

 

Have Jinki’s hands always felt that good on his ? Minho really didn’t if he would never remmber if it had as long as Jinki kept pulling him close by his belt loops.

 

 

                                                                                                         -------