Call me Hyung.

My Goalie

"Minho-shi?" He looked up to see Jinki smiling at him. His hand was out, palm up, as he gestured toward the grass next to him. "Do you mind if I stretch with you?" Minho shook his head and the older boy smiled before taking a seat next to him. Jinki stretched his legs out and reached out slowly.

 

Minho took a deep breath and tried not to freak the hell out, and maybe actually start the conversation, but like always he couldn't manage either of those things. "You okay?" 

 

He looked up then to see Jinki bend over his legs with his eyes locked on him. His gaze was concerned. "Uh what.. yeah.. yeah I'm fine Jinki-shi."

 

"If you say so." The corners of Jinki's mouth started to curve up. "And you can just call me Hyung."  

 

"I don't know.."

 

Jinki straightened his back and his smile widened. "Come on. Just give it a try." 

 

"Hyung." It came out soft, and Minho looked up for the other's approval it seemed.

 

"See? It's not that bad." Jinki's eyes crinkled then. "Did you know your shoe is untied?" Minho looked down at his feet and sure enough the left laces were undone. Before he could reach down and tie it his foot was being brought into the other's lap and Jinki was quickly moving through the motions. He double tied it just to be sure, and before Minho could really process what was going on his foot was softly placed back onto the grass. "There."

 

"Thanks." He mentally patted himself on the back for managing to not stutter.

 


 "No problem. My shoes used to come untied all the time. Then I did it that way and they never do anymore." Jinki's head moved a little to the side, and Minho caught him looking at his legs from glancing over at him.  "Have you stretched your hamstrings?"

 

"Huh?" What type of question was that? He chewed his bottom lip and shook his head. "I tried. I never can pull it back far enough."

 

"Would you like help?" 

 

"Help?" Did he just croak? Minho cursed himself.

 

"Mhmm. Go on lay back." Jinki stood up, and his smile was so warm and friendly Minho found himself wanting to do whatever he said.  He laid back, his right leg bent at the knee and Jinki nodded forward for him to lift it. The boy's hands were warm and strong against his leg as he gently pushed it up. "You just tell me when to stop okay?" 

 

He placed Minho's foot in the space between his neck and shoulder and gently pushed forward; his hands flat against his thigh. Jinki's hair was falling around his face, and it wasn't until a sharp pain shot through him that Minho realized he had been too busy starring to pay attention to the reason they were in this position. "S-stop!" 

 

Jinki froze, but didn't push more. "I didn't hurt you did I?"

 

Minho shook his head, "No... I just wasn't paying attention." 

 

"The other then?" 

 

"Ye-yeah." He switched legs, and this time he made sure that the older boy's face didn't distract him. Much. He was pretty sure his face was as red as a tomato and if it wasn't for the position he was in he would have tried to make a run for it. He didn't understand why he was being like this. Jinki was just being nice. He was the captain after all. It was his job to help his teammates and makes sure they were okay. Stretching went along with that. Right?

 

"Pipsqueaks!" Was hollered over the noise of the teammates chatting and getting ready for practice. "Gather round!"  

 

Jinki gave a small smile before gently laying his leg on the ground. After straightening up fully he took the step over to him, and after placing his hand on Minho's shoulder leaned in to whisper. "In what we do today, make sure you're the one to shoot."  

 

"Wha-what?" But Jinki was just smiling and walking away. Minho frowned then. Why is it that whenever the boy walked away he was left even more confused and deeper than he was before?


 
Minho pushed off the ground and made it over to the gathering group. He watched Jinki walk over to where Jonghyun had already moved to stand in front of them. The captain was giving the shorter boy a look of confusion before he was launching a soccer ball softly at his head. "If anyone's a pipsqueak it's you Shrimp. " Jonghyun slightly pouted, but he picked the ball up and stepped back as Jinki turned to the laughing team. Team members began to push through the group to stand next to the captain, and Minho knew them as the older members. "Alright so each new member should have met an older one of the team, but not all of you know the rest. If you look behind me there are cones set up for dribbling drills, but this time it's going to be a little different." 

 

Jonghyun came around with a bag of balls and handed on to each of the boys standing in a line. Jinki smiled at him before continuing. "Each of us will pick one of you, someone different than they talked to today. It's just a way of getting to know you." He looked to his left and motioned for one to step forward. "Luhan would you like to go first?"  

 

The boy nodded before walking forward and looking over the group. He smiled as he held his hand out to a boy, Yixing Minho believed, and when he took his hand Luhan lead him over to one of the set of markers. One my one the members picked a new boy. After each was chosen Minho noticed how Jinki didn't have a partner. Neither did Jonghyun.

 

"Alright. We were going to have a goalie per line but that's really unfair to one team so Jinki gets both. The point of this is for one person of the duo to get it through the cones pass it to the other to shoot. You will be timed. You have 5 minutes to get through all 5 pairs. If both teams make it through it in that time the way we will decide the winner is how many shots were made. Understood?"  

 

"Winner gets to rest at the end of practice. Losers don't." Jinki was busy pulling on his gloves when he looked up, "So who wants to go first?" 

 

Luhan and Yixing stepped up, and Jinki smiled. Minho really didn't understand why the boy was smiling, but he was. He seemed happy, like going against a really good shooter was the easiest thing in the world. Not to mention he didn't get a break. Just the time it took for the next person to go through the cones, and even then they started once the ball was shot by the previous pair.  Surprisingly enough Luhan stayed back, and Jinki's smile turned into a smirk. He nodded over at Jonghyun once he was ready.

 

"Alright." Jonghyun rose the remote, "Get ready in 3, 2, 1. GO!"

 

Luhan pushed off the ground and skillfully moved the ball through the cones at the holler of the boys voice. Jinki lowered into his stance, eyes focused on the ball as it moved. Minho saw how he wiggled his fingers as he waited. Luhan passed to Yixing, and the ball was launched.

 

 


                        -----  

 

This was supposed to be longer but I got hungry and this is already late as it is so uh here.