Jr's Story

Forever Young

 

 

“I love you too.”

Crack

I felt my heart crumble into pieces. He loves someone else. I was too late. I quickly run away from the place, ignoring his voice shouting out for me.

 

He loves someone else.

How do you know?

I heard him say he loves someone over the phone.

I’m sorry.

 

I stared at the text message, it made me want to cry phone.

 

Noona, are you okay? -J

Why did you runaway? -J

Weren’t we supposed to meet up? You wanted to see me right? -J

Noona, please answer the phone call.  -J

 

I ignored his text messages. I didn’t want to talk to him. I couldn’t bear the thought that he was with someone else.

 

I met Jinyoung two years ago. He was a classmate’s younger brother and we met at a house party. It was a casual thing, but I grew to be fond of the younger. From acquaintances, we soon grew to become friends...good friends.

It was only recently that I had noticed that I took a liking on the immature boy, who would rather spend time on his games then on his assignments. Although my fantasies of my ideal person were different (I wanted to be pampered, I wanted an older man), I began seeing Jinyoung differently.

In the beginning it was hard for me to accept that I liked Jinyoung romantically, he was younger than I, but my friend explained that it was okay. Age is only a number.

I heard that term many times. Age is a number...and maybe jail is just a room. Right?

 

Noona, please speak to me. –J

 

I threw my phone on my bed. I didn’t want to talk to him. I felt betrayed. I thought that maybe we could work out. But of course, age is something that maybe could not ignored.

Maybe he really loved her, maybe it was genuine. I should be happy for him, for them. But I couldn’t. I wanted to be selfish.

 

I hated this girl. I really did.

But more than hate, I found myself wanting to be in her shoes.

How lucky was she to have Jinyoung love him...

 

I cried all afternoon.

 

 

 

 

 

Hey girl. We are going out. Want to join?

 

Maybe a few drinks would help. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked terrible...no... disgusting.

 

Sure.

 

I needed to get up and get ready. Moping around wouldn’t do anything. Jinyoung and I were never meant to be. I had to get over it. Never did he even mention that he liked me, or even show it. Or maybe I misunderstood his enthusiasm for something else.

Perhaps I was too quick to jump to conclusions.

But one thing was final.

Jinyoung loved someone, and it isn’t me.

 

 

 

 

I don’t remember how I much I drank. But it sure felt good. It definitely did.

Screw Jinyoung and the person he loves.

I hate him! I don’t care! He can go die for all I care...

 

But I do care.

I love that idiot.

 

I stumbled.

 

Jinyoung?

Must be hallucinating.

 

You look so real...

I stumbled. And he caught me.

That’s weird, do images catch people?

I laughed at the thought. Alcohol does things, hey? I laughed again.

 

When I opened my eyes I found myself sitting down on a bench.

How did I get here?

I turned and found Jinyoung next to me.

Why do I love you so much? I am seeing you so clearly next to me...

 

He let out a sigh...

Oh Jinyoung...

And he smiled at me.

Don’t do that...

 

“Noona, you’re drunk, right?” He spoke to me.

He is real!  

The realisation was...

He waved his hand in front of me. I wanted to leave now. I couldn’t deal with Jinyoung right now. I really couldn’t. But the concern in his eyes was so sincere.

Do you really care about me?

“You got drunk. You so got drunk.” He smiled and looked away. I was mesmerised by that smile. It was so simple and beautiful...yet so heartbreaking.

 

“Why are you here?” I muttered looking at me.

He studied me for a while and said nothing. His silence was hurting me. I wanted him to tell me that he came because he cared for me. But he didn’t. He definitely had someone in his life.

“I asked, why are you here?” I said a bit louder, my already blurry vision was getting even hazier with the warm tears that were b.

“Noona...” That concerned look...it means nothing. He throws it as he pleases not knowing the effects it does to me.

“No!” I shooked his arm off me. “Just go back to her! I don’t want you here!” I shouted, I got up and tried to walk. I must have fallen over something but I felt warm hands catch me.

Jinyoung don’t make it hard for me.

“Don’t touch me. Just go back to her.” I whispered. I didn’t trust my voice.

“Go back to who?” I heard his soft, soothing voice. And it made me even more angry. Why is he denying that he has someone? Am I not someone to be able to trust?

My tears rolled down furiously.

“I heard you say you loved someone over the phone earlier today.” I saw his confused face burst out into laughter. The act made me even more angry.

“When we were supposed to meet?” I nodded, still mad at him for laughing at me.

“I was talking to my mother, noona.” He was smiling at me and his hands resting on my shoulders. Not sure to be keep me stable or to lean in. “You are mad at me for telling me own mother that I love her?”

I felt stupid. I felt dumb. And now I wanted the ground to eat me.

 

“Noona, were you jealous?” He spoke again in that soft, soothing voice again.

I looked away in embarrassment, I heard him let out a chuckle.

 

 

“I like you too, Noona.” He grabbed my hand, planted a kiss on my cheek.