The Fall

Bound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I let out a long breath as I nudged the door to the since studio open. Flipping on the light switch, I threw my bag down on the bench and then groaned as it hit the edge and fell onto the floor. Today was just not my day. First I have this dream that has me waking up at three in the morning and then Mark had to point out that I looked tired and then all of the stupid couples prowling around the hallways and finding convenient dark places to make out in. 

Marching over to my bag that was now on the ground, I sat down on the bench and took out the clothes that I needed to change into in order to practice. Rummaging through my bag, the panic began to rise as my sports bra was no where in sight. I let out a squeak and flipped my sports bag over, dumping all of the contents onto the floor. Prewrap, my pointe shoes, a pack of peanut butter crackers, deodorant, my hair brush, a pack of bobby pins, a pair of winter gloves which I had no idea how they got there, and an extra pair of socks all were strewn across the hardwood dance flooring. 

"No, no, no!" I said, my voice raising as I looked through my bag one more time. I could have sworn that I had thrown one in here this morning! Reaching my hand in, I pulled up the hard lining and finally pulled a black sports bra in which I sighed in relief at the sight.

I replaced the things in my bag, leaving out my pointe shoes, and then went to change in the back room attached to the studio. Right as I had walked out from changing did the final bell ring as the signal for class to start. So I started my "class" by plugging my phone into the stereo system in the corner and taking up position in the middle of the room to stretch.

Fifteen minutes later and I was changing the music to one of my newly choreographed routines. With my pointe shoes tied up, I hurried to the center and took on my beginning position laying on the floor with my arms extended and my knees bent. As the singing began, I rolled over to my stomach and raised my left leg backwards, bending it over my head, then I went down again and then popped up with my body supported on my right hand and my toes, my whole body straight as I extended my other arm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter