Lonely

Lullaby

______ was in the garden, watering the flowers. The former mistress really loves flowers. Though she didn't really know about flowers, she willing to learn so she could take care the garden on her behalf. The gardener helped her a lot.

The sound of ringing phone was echoed inside the mansion. She glanced at the maid who already picked up the phone. The maid took the wireless phone with her and bowed lightly to ______.

" Madam, you got a phone call ".

====================================================================================================================

_______'s eyes gazed at the food in front of her blankly. She kept on cutting the meat but didn't put it inside . Conversation over phone this afternoon kept on replaying inside her head.

[Flashback]

" Mrs. Wu speaking ".

" Good afternoon Mrs. Wu, I'm Mrs. Jung, I'm counsellor at SM University. We would like to confirm the reason why you never respond the letter from campus? ".

" Pardon? ".

" *sigh* I think Wu Yi Fan never pass you the letter. So Wu Yi Fan's grade has been declining lately. Therefore he was required to attend extra classes but he never attended it. We've sent you letter to discuss about his grade but we never get your respond. I'm afraid if his grade won't improve, he will be dropped out from SM University ".

" When can I meet you? ".

[End of Flashback]

" Yeobo? is there something wrong? " Mr. Wu grasped her hand gently.

" Neh? Ah... nothing I just a little bit tired today ".

" You are too busy take care of me and put a side your own health. Eat, then sleep early today.Okay? ".

She smiled at him then started to eat. She glanced at him carefully. She really wanted to discuss about Wu Fan's grade at college but she afraid her husband would be angry. Wu Fan and his father weren't in a good term lately. She might just worsened the situation if she told him about Wu Fan's problem.

" Yeobo, may I go out tomorrow? I feel a little bit bored at home ".

" It must be really stuffy stay at home all day long. Sure you can go out, but make sure to come back home before dinner ".

" I will ".

====================================================================================================================

She sat nervously inside the counsellor's office. After battling whether to go or not, finally she came. She never been inside college building before, in fact she only graduated from high school and didn't continue her study. This is nerve-wracking yet exciting. If only we had better financial, Dad must be send me to college too, right? Before her mind wandered farther to her past, Mrs. Jung back with two cups of tea and put one in front of ______.

" Thank you ".

" Thanks for coming Mrs. Wu. You must be really busy ".

" N... no, not at all. I'm the one who suppose to thank you. If you wouldn't call, I will never know that Wu Yi Fan has problem in campus ".

" Sorry it might sounds rude, but you look younger then I expected ".

" That... I'm not Wu Yi Fan biological mother, I'm her step-mother ".

" I see. As I've informed you yesterday, Wu Yi Fan's grade has been declining lately. Therefore he was required to attend extra classes to catch up but he never attended it. Wu Yi Fan accepted in SM University because of his basketball skill. He joined campus basketball team and won several tournaments. Though his academic achievement wasn't as brilliant as his basketball skill, he never failed in any subject. But nowadays he hasn't been active in basketball team and his grade just poor. I'm afraid if he continues being like this, he will be expelled ".

" I think Wu Yi Fan never attended extra classes because he has been taking several part-time jobs. He isn't in a good term with his father lately so he stops giving him allowance. For his absent on basketball team.... honestly I don't even know he plays. Honestly I don't even know much about him. We didn't communicate really well " she smiled bitterly.

" And... it seems he has another problem ".

" Another problem? ".

" Wu Yi Fan used to hang out with his group of friends named EXO during his freshman. They were high-school buddies. But I think something happen between them. The problem is Wu Yi Fan is a timid and quiet guy. When he and EXO grew apart, he couldn't socialize with other students. I think this is one of the reason his grade declining. I try to summon him several times to help him shares his problem. But he won't open up, I hope you can talk to him ".

" I've tried to approach him, but he always push me away. He kept on saying awful things. Since then, I stopped approached him. That's the only way I wouldn't hurt and maybe he would hate me less. But now it sound just like an excuse to me for not getting hurt. I don't know that he had problem with his grade and his best friend. I should have try my best to get close to him ".

" Mrs. Wu.... ".

Mrs. Jung smiled apologetically then handed her tissue. She just too emotional and didn't realize that she was crying. She felt embarassed yet relieved, finally she was able to let out everything.

" I'm sorry~ " she mumbled quietly.

=================================================================================================================================

After calming herself, ______ excused herself and not to forget to thank Mrs. Jung for everything. She promised to keep an eye on Wu Fan and informed ______ if he got any other problems at campus. It was lunch break, so a lot of college students just out from their class and met their friends to grab lunch. She decided to walk around the campus. I wonder how it's like to be a college student.

Suddenly someone grabbed her upper arm and turned her forcefully. Her eyes widen at the sight of angry Wu Fan.

" The hell what are you doing here? ".