A Favor

Lullaby

Han ______ couldn't stop smiling as she remember that day when Wu Fan called her Ahjumma. It could be an insulting nickname for her since... well... she wasn't that old. Regardless, she was beyond happy he made effort tp call her since he kept on ignoring her since the day she was moved in. Mr. Wu turned his attention from his book to his wife. She kept on smiling while putting on her night cream.

" Did I miss something today? You look so happy, yeobo ".

She glanced at her husband from her the mirror of her dressing table. She turned around and couldn't hide her wide smile.

" Yeobo.... I think Wu Fan slowly open up to me ".

" Really? Tell me ".

" He called me Ahjumma ".

" Yeh?? ".

" He called me Ahjumma ".

" Err.... okay. So how can that prove he open up to you ".

" He put on effort to call me, he never acknowledged my presence before ".

He smiled bitterly at his overly happy wife. How could that trivial thing made her day? Suddenly he felt bad to her. She deserved to be treated better. He decided to play along. He didn't want to turn down her mood.

" Hm... come to think about it you are right. What did you do to him? As far as I remember he is the most pig-headed man alive I ever met and won't open up that easily ".

" So.... ".

She bited her tongue as she almost told her husband the truth. Ani, you can't tell him the truth. Wu Fan will be in trouble if his father finds out he fought last night.

" Wu Fan didn't feel well last night. He didn't want to go to hospital. So I took care of him a little bit last night. I think maybe that's the reason why he willing to open up a bit ".

" Is he okay now? ".

" He is. He just need to take more rest. He said he wants to go to school tomorrow ".

" That's a relief ".

After finishing her last treatment. She wiped her hands clean then join Mr. Wu on their bed. She slipped inside the duvet and leaned on his shoulder.

" Yeobo... aren't you too hard on him. Look he was sick because he was too tired doing too many part-time jobs ".

" Look, you always on his side. I did more part time jobs than he when I was his age and I was okay. He might tired but he won't die. I think he need to learn more lesson. See, he becomes a better person right? I think if he struggles a little bit more, he will be a total new person. That's when I can leave him with ease ".

" Don't say anything about leaving, I don't want to hear that ".

" People at my age can't help but always think about person that we will leave behind. You aren't reach that age too, you won't understand. What a baby~ " he pinched her nose playfully.

" But still, I don't like it ".

" Arasso. Wait, I have a favor. After this I promise won't bring this topic again ".

She stared at him for a while. Though she didn't know what he was going to tell her, it bothered her already. She finally nodded at him to go on.

" If I die you have to promise me to keep on staying here and take care of Wu Fan ".

" Yeobo... ".

" Arasso.... Arasso. Let's just sleep. Please wake me up early. I have to play golf with some colleagues ".

" Hm.... Goodnight ".

===============================================================================================================================

______ was preparing breakfast. She heard someone was walking down from stairs, Wu Fan. He just being the usual him, he ignore her and walked straight to door not intend to eat breakfast with her. After what happen before, ______ grew confident to approach Wu Fan.

" Wait ".

" What??? " he answered in annoyance.

She couldn't help but smile. See, he opens up to me. He listens to me when I call him, he even answers me.

" Let me see your face ".

He was taken a back with her words. He just froze on his spot. She stood in front of him and looked at his face carefully. She wanted to touch his face to get a proper look of his bruised face but she held her hand back. She should remained herself that they weren't that close yet. He would angry if she touched him without his permission. His swollen face looked better. But his cheek bone and the bridge of his nose were still looked purplish. She wanted to

" You can't go to campus like this. You will get into trouble. I can help you cover those bruises, only if you let me to do that ".