ANW : First Glass

Anxiety and Worry

Anxiety and Worry. A Xiuchen fanfiction.

 

Xiumin’s head pounded against his skull as he curled into a ball under his duvet. Cold sweats trickled down his forehead, dampening his blond locks. The deafening silence was broke when a whimper passed his lips. He was annoyed by the fact he was burning with the duvet covering his petite frame but the cold would wrapped around his skin if he threw it aside. Chen has left for his morning shift. He failed to realize the bun’s temperature was rising. Chen’s name came out as a whisper as Xiumin shivered when the cold air brushed lightly against his pale skin.

 

 


 

 

It was the night before where Xiumin fell asleep in the living room while waiting for Chen to return home. As his eyelids became heavy, the darkness started to overcome him as the exhaustion took over. The weather that night was windy. It was the first snow. Xiumin accidentally left one of the windows open. He didn’t turn the heater on before as the temperature was bearable but the weather turned ugly after Xiumin fell asleep on the couch, with only the dim light of the lamp and silence to accompany him. His soft snores were heard throughout the living room. It was an exhausting day indeed. The sound of the wind whistling through the dark night, slapping the windows, didn’t seem to faze the exhausted boy. It was when the blizzard outside calmed, a soft click of the door unlocked was heard. Chen slowly pushed the door open. He looked inside the house, closing the door behind him and locking the door. He smiled lightly at the sleeping figure on the couch. Walking closer to decrease the distance between them, Chen reached out to Xiumin’s bangs. He carefully tucked his left hand under the smaller’s knee while the other hand gently reached under the sleeping’s nape. He walked silently towards their shared bedroom, pushing the door slowly with his leg as to not wake the sleeping beauty. Chen wrapped the older with the duvet after carefully placing him on the bed. He made a move to the heater as the coldness of the winter start to bite his skin. He turned around to give the sleeping figure the last glance before he stepped into the bathroom to clean himself. Xiumin’s soft snore was heard as soon as Chen opened the bathroom door. He silently walked towards his closet to reach out  for some comfortable clothes to settle in. He climbed onto the bed, joining the smaller underneath the duvet. Chen could feel the warmth Xiumin had created on the bed sheet. His hands wrapped around the smaller’s waist, taking in the scent of vanilla, the scent of Xiumin. The scent lulled him to sleep as the darkness started to engulf him.

 

 


 

 

The sun ray peeked through the blind’s opening, indicating the sun had risen. The atmosphere was light accompanied by a delicious aroma of pancakes and maple syrup. Xiumin moved gracefully across the kitchen, preparing the breakfast. It was a peaceful Saturday morning where Chen suddenly wrapped his limbs around Xiumin’s petite figure as the older chuckled when Chen nuzzled his neck. Chen’s breath tickles his nape.

“Good Morning..”

Chen mumbled sleepily. His voice was hoarse after waking up. His arms tightened around Xiumin’s waist. The older poked the younger, who was still leaning against him, half asleep – trying to pry the fingers that locked together effectively trapping him inside the loop of Chen’s arms.

“Get off, Dae. I can’t move if you are basically putting all your weight on me. Go seat at the chair. Why are you up, anyways? I’ll wake you up if I’m ready. You look tired”

Xiumin said stirring the scrambled eggs in the pan. Chen mumbled some incoherent words and nuzzled his neck before retreating to the chair behind the counter. His head bobbed slightly when his eyelids drooped. His sense kicked in as he try to sit up straight. The tiredness clouded his mind only repeating the cycle – droop, drop, rise. Droop, drop, rise. Xiumin turned around only to hear a bang against the counter top. Chen’s eyes shot open when his head reach the marble surface, the pain slowly started to register in his system. He rubbed the spot where a bump was bound to surface while Xiumin laughed heartily. Chen pouted at the older, resulting the other to ruffle his hair. Xiumin placed all the dishes he prepared between them before sitting down opposite the younger who started to wake up from his sleepy state after washing his face with the refreshing cold water. They began to munch on their meal, sharing a bit of conversation of ‘how’s work?’ and ‘fine’s here and there. They washed the dishes side by side while humming to their favourite song. The morning was a fine, cheerful morning filled with laughter and occasional hugs. The surrounding was good and light featured by the birds singing happily. That was how they usually share their weekends morning together.

 

 


 

 

Xiumin was caught in his step but his hand was quick to reach the wall. He tried to focus while his vision was distorted temporarily. He shook his head once before continuing his way into the kitchen. He grabbed a glass of water, before chugging down the water. He closed his eyes, trying to relax his body before opening them again. Come on, Min. Let’s get the breakfast the done for Dae. He took a deep breath before shrugging away the faint pounding behind his head. He didn’t notice Chen who was making his way into the kitchen as he tried to focus on his cooking because of the pounding in his head. He couldn’t let Chen worry about him. He was surprised when the limbs wrapped themselves around his waist. He kept praying in his head Chen wouldn’t notice his temperature nor his pounding head. He acted like his normal self although there would be times where his vision suddenly became hazy. He would not make Chen worry again this time. He couldn’t.

 

 

 

 


A/N :

Short intro ;) Since I just love making things last minute… yeah so tomorrow.. I mean like today cus it’s 12 now, I am going back to my dorm. Being in a boarding school is never boring but if the rules were to be like my school’s than that . Well gotta it up if I was to dream to be a successful person. Lol. My pendrive be like I fall in love with a guy named virus soooooo I’m going to live with him happily ever after. Soooo I lost my collection of anime, fav drama and my ori file for my other fic ‘I’m Yours’ featuring Baekyeol (suddenly promoting). Might as well check it out xD So I thought I lost this guy too when I checked my files. I almost cry -_- well it’s just that my hands suddenly type away I actually thought of maybe I could just write a lil bit. Besides I’m not going to meet the computer nor my phone in that boring school so might as well stay up late xD wht am I rambling here actually. I better stop before I wrote longer than the story xD anyways I hope you enjoy the “preview”. Ahahah. Wait for my end-year hols maybe I could write longer. Sorry for the errors lol too lazy to check. I have never wrote an author note this long srsly. SUBSCRIBEEE PLEASE :D syggggg ktk xD lol. Kay ciao. Kai grey Travolta. OUT. :) tbc!