Chapter 4

Extra-Curricular Activities
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4

 

No one's POV

"What's just wrong with me?" Minseok grabbed his pillow to cover his face and muffle his frustrated scream. "It's all your fault, Huang ZiTao! If you wouldn't talk so much about him, I wouldn't be so awkward now!"

A couple of weeks had passed and during that time he seemed to bump into their homeroom teacher all the time. It wouldn't be awkward if Minseok didn't always blush and stammer an apology just because his best friend kept talking about inappropriate things regarding the young teacher. Especially the part where ZiTao always tried to make Minseok go for said teacher was bothering and annoying the student.

The brunette wasn't even sure about his ual orientation yet, not to mention the countless times he had tried to tell the Chinese boy that it was their teacher they were talking about. But ZiTao just told him every time that it was even more exciting because he was a teacher and he was a very hot and handsome teacher.

Minseok would never tell his best friend but for once he was happy that the other spent most time with his boyfriend again.

Groaning softly he sat up and looked around his room, trying to find something to distract himself. As he didn't find anything at instant the student got up and took a look into his drawers. Maybe he could find something long forgotten in there.

In the end he found an old notebook and looked at it in thought. The pages were still blank, maybe he should start writing a diary? No, that absolutely wasn't his style. He could try to draw instead. He shrugged and sat at his desk and thought about what he should try to draw.

~~

Meanwhile Heechul was trying to do the same. He wasn't drawing, though, but relaxing in a nice bubble bath instead. The teacher let out a sigh, his eyes closed and his body being surrounded by the warm water, while foam was covering the surface. "Kim Minseok, you are giving me a hard time out of all my students."

Heechul assumed that the student had a little crush on him and that should not happen between a student and a teacher, no matter which side it was coming from. But lately he was noticing more and more students that were trying to flirt with him.Some students were practically stripping him with their eyes.

But Minseok was the most obvious with all his blushing and stammering and he seemed to bump into him all the time. What the young teacher had also noticed were Minseok's falling grades and and the student didn't even seem to notice. It wasn't that bad yet but judging from the previous report cards and exams he had seen from him it was quite bad.

"I should talk to him if he keeps getting worse grades or maybe it's only in my subjects." Heechul mumbled to himself. This bath was actually supposed to make him take his mind off school related things.

"Chullie, I'm home. Where are you?" An all too familiar voice was calling for him and made him groan.

"I'm taking a bath, Sica!" Now it was definitely over with relaxing. Only a few seconds later the door to the bathroom flew open and made Heechul squeak.

"Sica! How many times do I have to make myself clear? Get out of here now!" Heechul raised his voice against his wife. This woman was something, really!

"But Chullie, I wanted to join you. It was a very tiring day and what's better to relax than taking a bath with my wonderful husband?" Jessica smiled sweetly and was already taking off her clothes. 

"Jessica, either you will leave now or I will leave on my own, get a lawyer and get everything started for a divorce!" Heechul said between gritted teeth as this was getting far too much now. Jessica kept her sweet smile that now seemed a little bitter.

"You know, you can't get divorced from me. You are bound to me Heechul. My dad won't let that happen and I always get what I want. And what I want is your love, I will get it. You will see." She collected her discarded clothes and left the bathroom. 

Heechul let out a frustrated scream and hit the water, but hissed as he didn't expect the surface to be so hard. "This woman is driving me insane! What the happened to her?!"

Jessica once had been a very nice and kind girl. Heechul had liked her very much -as a friend, nothing more. It had never been nothing more than friendship from his side until Jessica once confessed to him and he had to break the poor girl's heart. Worse than breaking her heart was that Heechul was kind of lying to her. He told her countless times that she was very attractive -which was actually true- and that every she deserved better than him, a simple teacher. All that was kind of true but Heechul kept the actual reason a secret, afraid that it would bring shame to his father, afraid that it would hurt Jessica even more as a woman. She was in love with a homoual after all.

After the water started to turn cold Heechul slowly rose up to exit the bathtub and empty it. then he dried his hair and body and wrapped a towel around his waist. He needed to find a solution for this. How should he become happy if he was chained to a woman? But he couldn't do that to his father.

"What a pathetic life am I running?" Heechul mumbled to himself and went to his room to get dressed and prepare some lessons. Also he had to prepare his first exams. Hopefully Jessica wouldn't bother him for the rest of the day.

~~

It was Saturday evening and Minseok had spent the entire day in the library. He had to do some research for a project and the internet had not been of any great help, so the good old library had to do. And the student had found much he could use for the project. He would have towork on it for some more hours tomorrow and then he was done, other than his best friend who would do it last minute again as always and Minseok would need to help him as always. But he loved to help his best friend so it was no burden.

What was bothering Minseok lately, tough, was the fact that their new homeroom teacher didn't seem to like him. His grades in Korean and English had fallen slightly. The first couple of times the student just had let it slid but slowly it was kind of nerve-wrecking. He had been a top A student ever since he could think and this stupid teacher was ruining it right now.

Should he talk to him and ask him why he was treaten so unfairly? After all he said much more during the lessons than some other students and still he got worse grades than them.

But wouldn't it also sound greedy? If he just went to their homeroom teacher and asked him why he wasn't receiving A's and only B+'s? Minseok sighed and shook his head. He would have to say more than he already did then.

The student started to pack his things together and went to the front to lend a few books for his project. The library was closing soon and his mother would come home in a bit too and he didn't want to worry her because he had forgot to tell her that he was in the library.

Despite his falling grades and the much homework he had nowadays Minseok was in a good mood and left the library. Once outside, though, his expression changed and the young student puffed his cheeks. It was raining cats and dogs and of course Minseok wasn't carrying an umbrella with him since it had been sunny all day. 

To his luck or not -depending on how you looked at it- his homeroom teacher suddenly appeared next to him. He seemed to have been at the library as well. He looked up to him with a smile and received a smile back.

"Hello, Mr. Minseok. Bad weather right? Perfect to study in a library but bad if you are on your way home." His homeroom teacher greeted him and Minseok nodded.

"Exactly, Mr. Kim. I think I will be completely soaked once I got home," he chuckled softly. It was a bit awkward to meet teachers outside of school but the teacher seemed to be more relaxed and nicer than in school. 

"You don't have an umbrella with you? Where do you live? I could give you a ride home." Heechul suggested. Minseok blinked and pursed his lips. A ride home given by his homeroom teacher? It would be a weird atmosphere and he really didn't mind getting wet.

"No, it's fine, Mr. Kim, really. It's not that far and I can change quickly once I'm home," he said with a smile.

"Nonesense, you will get a cold like this. Tell me your address and I will drive you home. It's nothing, really," he gave Minseok a warm smile and motioned him to follow him. Minseok let out a sot sigh and agreed eventually. Who could resist a nice smile and a warm and dry ride home? And the student was bad at saying No anyways.

"Okay, thank you, Mr. Kim," Minseok mumbled and told his homeroom teacher his address as he followed him to his car. They both were getting wet by the rain but not as much as Minseok would be if he went home on his own.

"No need, we don't want you to get a cold, do we?" Heechul smiled and unlocked his car, then held the door open for his student and got on the driver's seat. 

"No, Mr. Kim," Minseok smiled and an awkward silence followed afterwards.

"Say, Mr. Minseok, Mr. YiFan seems to be one of your friends. I would be really thankful if someone taught him some manners." Heechul gave a soft laugh, which was joined by the student only seconds after and lightened the atmosphere.

"Not only you, trust me. Tao and me would be, too. But he wasn't always like this. The usual false friends stuff, he can be nice too if he wants. And you are someone that finally shows him that he can't always do as he pleases. I am sure you can 'tame' that dragon, Mr. Kim." After only a few sentences from the young teacher Minseok felt already a lot more comfortable, what made him say so much. Heechul laughed again and glanced at his student.

"Dragon? Did you give him that nickname? Definitely suits him and I really hope he will learn his lesson soon. The detention he gets regularely doesn't seem to bother him very much."

"It's actually Tao's nickname for him and supposed to be lovely and cute but I started to call him dragon, too a while ago. It really suits him well. And actually the detention bothers him very much. He's always complaining but he just doesn't learn anything out of it. It's rather the opposite, it's encouraging him to continue with his attitude." Minseok admitted. Yes, YiFan was his friend and his best friend's boyfriend but he really needed to learn a lesson. And their homeroom teacher should be able to teach him this lesson.

"Haha, I see. So Mr. ZiTao is his boyfriend, I guess? He should actually be able to teach him some manners then. But Mr. YiFan really seems to be stubborn." Heechul laughed softly and Minseok nodded.

"He really is. Tao has tried every possibility already but it only helps for a couple of days and when Tao is nice to him again YiFan gets back to his old, bothersome self again." Minseok explained.

"Mr. YiFan is a very difficult task then. We will get him some manners somehow, I'm sure. It was very nice talking with you, Mr. Minseok and I would love to talk more but we are at your home already," Heechul explained as he stopped in front of Minseok's place. Minseok was surprised that he actually also wanted to talk more with his teacher. He was so different from his self he presented at school.

"I can only say the same, Mr. Kim. Thank you for the ride home. I hope I didn't cause you any inconveniences." The student smiled at his teacher. 

"No, no. Your house is actually on my way, it was nothing. Have a nice weekend, Mr. Minseok. I will see you at school then." Heechul smiled back and Minseok nodded and exited the car, waving shortly and ran inside the house as it was still raining cats and dogs.

"Minseokkie, where have you been? I started to worry already. You are very dry although it's raining so much outside," his mother commented as she instantly walked to her son after having heard the door open.

"Sorry, umma. I was at the library, working on my project for history classes. When I wanted to go home I met my homerrom teacher and he gave me a ride home. He is actually very nice," Minseok explained with a smile.

"Oh, that's very nice of him. But now let's have dinner and then you can continue your homeowrk if you want but remember you should take breaks now and then." His mother smiled and together they went to the kitchen where the dinner table was set already. Minseok decided not to tell ZiTao anything about the ride with their homeroom teacher as his best friend would start with ridiculous things again and the tiny student was actually tired of it.

~~

Minseok was sitting in his English class beside ZiTao who was arguing with his boyfriend once again. Their homeroom teacher seemed to be a little late today but no one seemed to mind about that. Strangely, the brunette found himself being excited for the English class today and was in a rather good mood. After he had seen that their teacher could be human and kind Minseok saw him in a different light.

Just when it was about to get louder in class the door swung open and Heechul stepped in with his bag under his arms. The room fell silent on instant and everyone's attention was turned to their homeroom teacher, except for YiFan's of course. The tall Chinese kept bothering his boyfriend who hissed at him and told him to shut his mouth finally.

"Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter