Happy ending, Some Where only we know

Smile Again

Mannie walked through the doors of the karaoke lounge. Mannie looked to the desk spotting Kangjoon helping a woman. Looking to the girl, he nodded her to the back. Mannie smiled softly bowing to him. Moving to the back, she took in a deep sigh as she looked to the marble floor.

          She came to the door hand clasping the knob before opening it. She spotted Hanbin sitting on the couch looking through the thick book. She entered the room closing the door behind her. Mannie moved on light feet trailing toward him as she took in a soft breath “What are you looking for?” she asked a smile touching her lips but not reaching her eyes. “Ah a song” he stated not taking a good luck, which is why he missed it.

          “You’re going to sing to me?” she asked sitting by him “no you are,” he said smiling widely. Mannie furrowed her brows “shouldn’t I pick the song” she asked taking the book. Hanbin laughed “but I want to pick it for you” he stated leaning over to her resting his chin on her shoulder.

          Mannie bit her lip as she watched the pages turn “ah how about Lee hi’s Rose” he stated Mannie smiled “fine” she sighed. Hanbin moved back to select the song. The sound of the song playing “Nae sarangeun saeppalgan rose” came from Mannie’s lips as she moved to the stool in front of the screen that displayed the words.

          Hanbin tilted his head watching her sing the song. The sound of her voice shifting into a low tone was warm and captivating. “Dagaojima~” came out with some much emotion that it made him wonder if something was wrong. It was only confirmed as she moved further into the song.

          Hanbin moved toward the step stool and sat by her. Mannie heard the stool next to her move closer and felt her heart drop.

          “I don’t want to hurt you,” she said before looking down. Hanbin wrapped his arm around her waist “what’s up” he asked her head hitting his neck “ah right” Mannie said pulling away. She stood moving to where she left her bag and he watched her. “I got accepted to an amazing school that will help me become a violinist,” She told him smiling brightly.

          Hanbin now noticed how forced it was. He didn’t speak on it as he took the folder. He pulled out the paper only to see English “yah” he laughed trying to lighten things up “ah right” she said in an apologetic tone. “It’s basically asking me to attend,” she told him “where is it?” Hanbin asked worried “England” she stated sitting down on her legs.

          “I see” he stated nodding, Mannie watched him as his face fell unreadable “so?” she pushed as she moved to see his face better. Hanbin just looked at her “don’t stare” Mannie said with a nervous laugh as tears wanted to come. “I just got you back,” Hanbin, said faintly. Mannie crashed on her legs as she took in how hurt he sounded.

          “I know” she spoke softly “I don’t want to apart from you I just” Mannie trailed off. “I just thought this was a good thing for me and my future,” she said feeling even worse as she continued. Hanbin sensed this and moved onto the floor in front of her. Pulling her into his embrace he sighed deeply “I want you to go for your dream” he told her feeling her hug him back “just promise me you’ll do your best” Mannie chuckled at his words.

          Pulling back she looked into his eyes that reinsured her it was ok. Moving toward him, she kissed his lips. Hanbin kissed her backhand rested on her cheek; the kiss was simple but soon turned complex. It was a kiss that held fear as it continued. Fear that the other would stray away and find love from someone else.

          Such a kiss was deadly because it lead to something more. Something that allowed the other to know that they truly had that person, that conformation wasn’t always a good one. Hanbins hand roamed her side before crawling up her blouse and touching pure skin. Mannie didn’t think much on it as her hand pulled at his t-shirt under his button up that was open.

          Hanbin let his hand run up her side and onto her back. Pushing her toward him, Mannie broke the kiss “we shouldn’t do this here” she said a light chuckle coming from Hanbin who nodded. “Come on” he said taking her hand. “Where to” Mannie asked knowing he lives in a dorm. “Somewhere only we know,” he told her a light grin coming onto his lips.

          Mannie laughed holding her bag in her hand. They left out the back door and into the rain. Mannie yelped as Hanbin looked to the sky. Pulling her, they ran out further into the rain in hopes they would get out of it.

          The door opened to a dark house. They moved within it closing the door behind them as they laughed to themselves. Hanbin grabbed her wrist and pulled her further into the house. Mannie watched the light turn on as they entered the living room. Looking about she noticed it was a small apartment “Jiyong hyung lends me the space whenever I’m frustrated,” Hanbin explained to her.

          “He is out in Japan right now” Mannie looked to him meeting his gaze “is it alright,” he asked wrapping his arms around her waist. Mannie smiled moving in and kissing his lips “its fine”, she told him as she moved back to his lips.

4 years later

          “Mannie” a girl called Mannie turned around violin case on her back. She smiled spotting Debbie rushing toward her with Malika “hey” Mannie said smiling at them.

          Mannie laughed as Malika laced arms with her and Debbie acted jealous.

 

          Hanbin looked at his reflection as a cordi noona fixed his stage outfit. He looked at s bickering behind him. He smiled as he heard the door open “you’re on” the PD hyung told them. The boys nodded moving out the door.

          “You know Smile again is my favorite song from the whole show,” Mannie stated as her and Hanbin sat under a tree. He had his hat and glasses on “why?” Hanbin asked her “when we lost contact everybody said I didn’t smile like I used to” looking to her feet she kicked them “listening to it, it reminded me on what they were saying and kind of made me think of how you react” she said laughing softly.

          “Maybe I should sing it to you” Hanbin joked, “learn how to sing” Mannie . Hanbin chuckled “I will and you’ll be begging me to sing you a song” Mannie laughed rolling her eyes.

          “I will sing to you,” Hanbin stated looking to the ground as he walked onto the stage.

         

          Mannie looked at her phone “he is going to sing for me” she spoke sitting back in her chair “who?” Debbie asked “my husband” Mannie joked as she stretched her arms “which one” Malika asked causing the girl to laugh.