Names

Smile Again

Mannie sighed placing her key onto the desk, she was tired from entrance exams she had to take. She was planning on entering a school of arts so she could play the violin, just like her father did. She looked about the empty house and knew Claire was out doing work or dating hodong, her boyfriend of two years.

          Mannie sighed at how much of her sister got a love life and she didn’t. However that’s price she must pay for being busy. Also for loving someone who is busy.

          She moved to the couch thinking about him once more, she took in a heavy breath as her mind drifted from her.

          Mannie placed things on the shelf, she had took this new job at a pharmacy. It was part time meaning she didn’t handle prescription medicine. She just placed all the first aid kit and off the counter medicine on the floor.

          It was something to take her mind off Yurim and her sister who was driving her insane with her constant nagging. “Ah it’s raining” Mrs. Jang her boss stated from behind the counter, Mannie looked out the window before sighing deeply.

          She went back to placing up wraps for sprained body parts when a ding was heard. “Where are your leg wraps” a male asked. Mannie didn’t bother looking as she moved of placing up splinters next. “Over by my worker” she said kindly.

          The boy nodded his head before turning around; he spotted how familiar the girl was. However he ignored it and moved for the shelf, reaching for it he looked to her quickly and took in her face. He smiled a bit as he remembered where she was from.

          It was the dancer from the park, Mannie felt eyes boring into her cheek and decided to send the person a smile that said hurry up and pay. However her eyes met his and she spotted the boy from the park and soon connected him to the boy who told her to move. “yes” she asked kindly but also impatient.

          “Nothing” he said a smirk touching his lips before he turned moving to the counter. Mannie watched him go to Mrs. Jang who was just as confused. Mannie frowned a bit as she watched his back “wierdo” she let slip before going back to work.

          Hanbin sighed as his body clasped to the hard wood floor, he removed his snap back and proceeded to ruffle his damp hair. Placing the hat back on he looked up to the mirror and let his eyes be planted on his reflection.

          He scanned over his clothes taking in how they clung to him. Reaching he pulled forward his shirt to relieve some of the compression. Watching it clasp to his body once more he let out a deep sigh looking to his face and letting his mind drift away.

          “Ah” Hanbin sighed as he sat on the slid, it was a rough practice today and he needed some fresh air. Pushing up the flavored ice within the tube he ate it humming at the cold substance on his tongue.

          His eyes scanned over the park, it was empty which is only right seeing it was 2 am. However he was hoping for a presence, something to distract him from his tiring life.

          His hope wasn’t blown into the air because humming touched his ears as his attention went to where the swings were. Spotting the girl he has been seeing a lot lately he smiled to himself. Watching as she sung Haru haru by big bang, Hanbin grinned looking to his hands before looking back to her. He watched her sing the bridge, he notice the emotion that came out of it.

          This made him wonder if she was thinking of a passed relationship. She stopped singing as she sat on the rocking horse toy. A thick sigh was released as she looked to the sky, Hanbin looked up as well “oh girl, I cry cry your my all say goodbye” he quoted.

          Mannie looked back hearing another voice say that over the song. She looked and spotting Hanbin whose eyes fell back on her own. Their eyes locked and Mannie didn’t bother to look away, his eyes were intimidating but also captivating. Hanbin searched her eyes and spotted a girl locked away hidden behind what she has been showing him.

          Hanbin stood to his feet, icy sitting where he once sat. Walking over Mannie watched him not bothering to get up and leave. She watched him walk over to her, halting in front of her and look down at her. She watched him carefully as if waiting for something to happen. “Hanbin” he breathed Mannie tilted her head to the side confused. “Kim Hanbin…it’s my name” he informed her.

          Mannie nodded her head “Mannie Powell” she told him back “…it’s my name” she said. Hanbin scuffed a laugh as he covered his mouth slightly. Standing straight he looked at her once more “Ah” he voiced nodding his head.

          The icy dripped liquid as the two looked up to the moon above them.

          “Mannie Powell” Hanbin let slip as he looked at his reflection, a smirk was placed on his lips “how have you been?” he asked as if she heard him.

         

          “Fine” Mannie breathed looking to her reflection on her black TV screen “You Mr. Kim” she asked finding herself crazy for answering her own question.