Reunion

Smile Again

It was as if the world had stopped and only the two of them were aware of it all. She looked at him lost but a bitter smile soon was placed on her lips as he raised his brow in shock. He had forgotten about following Bobby to the set of show me the money, which was fine seeing he had a few minutes to spare.

          She looked down laughing at how ironic all this was, he raised a brow a small smile touching his lips. “Weird I was just talking to Mirae and Claire about you,” she stated looking up. He lost his smile spotting the sad look now on her face that she cover up with a fake smile “how is it” she asked him trying to show that she was happy for him even when the frustration was starting to show.

          “Good, I am on a show now” he stated looking down then moving his eyes back to hers. “I know” she said looking to her hands, it was a good thing people were too busy with their day to notice that hanbin or known as B.I was chatting with a smooth brown skin who had to be somewhere right about now.

          “I was planning on watching it” she told him honestly as she looked up to him “B.I” his ears perked his name hearing his hyung call upon him “you should go” she said slipping her hands in her pockets clenched the insides to keep from showing how lost she was. “mm” he hummed noticing this, he looked to her eyes about to ask a question in hopes to keep in touch with her “Hanbin-ah” his real name came out, turning he spotted Bobby jogging over to him.

          “What are you doing” Bobby asked “talking…” B. I trailed off looking back to the empty spot in front of him. “Who” Bobby asked looking at what the younger was searching for “nothing” B.I sighed deeply “Well come on before were late” he said before pulling him away from that spot.

4 years back~

          “Hello” the girl with curly wild hair looked up after shifting her things into another hand. She was trying to get everything straight for her sister who was photographer. South Korea was an area she decided to do work in, seeing Claire was all the girl had she had to tag along. The fifth teen year old looked up spotting a boy, he had wild black hair and looked as if he was in a hurry.

          “Yes” she asked him frowning as she propped the books within her small arms. “You’re in the way” he told her, the girl looked back spotting she was in front of the door to the corner store she had to stop by. “Ah sorry” she said moving away, she headed to the isle where the fridge sat.

          The boy watched her move before rushing out the store. He was late for his training and knew he would get hell from his choreographer. The girl on the other had placed her hand within the fridge picking up a big bottle of water before moving to the counter.

          “is this all?” the woman asked her “yes” the girl sighed taking out the bill and passing it.

 

          “Thanks Mannie” Claire stated taking the bottle, Mannie sighed looking at the photos her sister had taken for clothing company. She groaned a bit “I’m going to the park” Mannie stated. “Ok but don’t stay out to late” Claire called back.

          Mannie just hummed an ok and left out the house with her ear buds going straight for her ears.

          It wasn’t easy living in Korea yet it wasn’t hard, she didn’t get much hate as she thought but still the questions did get annoying after a while.

          Sitting on a swing she listened to a soothing voice that she met not too long ago. Taeyang, the boy had a power to calm her and make her feel with ease. Something she hasn’t felt since she left her best friend Mrs. Harris, she was an old woman who watched over her while Claire went to school and work.

          Mannie never understood why seeing she was 14 at the time but she never complained about it.

          She was so into the song she didn’t notice that a group of boys entered the park and sat on the steps to the slide that blocked her from their view.

          Mannie felt a presence beside her, opening her eyes she spotted a little girl about 7 or 8. “Why are you out so late?” the girl asked as if to scold her “ha I could ask you the same” Mannie scuffed “mom has company” the girl said. Mannie sighed “when doesn’t she?” Mannie asked, actually Mannie knew this girl she met her after finding the park.

          The girl is full of life and wants to know the answers to everything, Mannie found her annoying but her patients kept her from strangling the child. The kid was named Yurim, her mother was a woman who always need a man’s company. It didn’t help that she was in her 20’s and felt her life was being wasted because of the child.

          Yurim sighed, “I just wish she wouldn’t need to” the girl said sadly. Mannie didn’t speak, what could she say “don’t worry she’ll come around” that would be a lie and the last thing she wants to do is fill this kid with hope.

          “Want to know something” Yurim asked swing as she looked to the night sky. Mannie didn’t speak she watched the child look sadly to the sky “I can’t remember one time when she ever said she loved me since appa died”. Mannie spotted the tears in the childs eyes before looking away. A thick breath left her lips as sniffles where heard.

          Mannie stood up unplugging the headphones she spoke “stand up” Mannie told the child. The girl looked confusingly at the girl “come on” Mannie looked to the girl “I learned that dance by shinee” Mannie told the child. Yurim watched her intently “I think I can dance it better than you” Mannie confessed. Yurim wiped away her tears hopping up.

          Mannie smirked “doubt me if you will” she told the girl as she pressed play on lucifer their newest song.

 

          The sound of the music caught the ears of the boys who joked about “what’s that” one asked. Another shrugged before looking for the music, their eyes caught on a girl dancing with a foreigner. The little girl was skilled and cute, while the foreigner looked like a natural dancer.

          “She is better than you Hanbin-ah” Jinhwan joked, the younger scuffed before looking to girl who danced with such ease and grace.

         

          The song stopped and Mannie looked to the child spotting her big smile on her lips. “Better?” she asked the girl who nodded her head happily before giggling; Mannie scuffed out a laugh as she watched the girl giggle.

          “Yurim” a stern angry voice called. Mannie looked spotting a woman, hair messy along with clothes. She knew who she was by how scary she looked “omma” Yurim called scared “what are doing” the woman asked eyeing mannie who simply sighed moving to retrieve and turn off her I pod.

          “Dancing with Mannie eonni” Yurim said happily, the woman scuffed “eonni?” she said as if disgusted by the name Yurim gave the girl. Mannie ignored it looking turning toward them. The woman looked at mannie as if irritated with her presence “come on, your grandmother is on the way” she stated pulling the child “ah omma” the girl winced in pain at the hold on her arm.

          Mannie looked to her worried as if wanting to help her, however she stopped herself “shut up and come on” the woman said pulling her away. Yurim looked back smiling weakly at the older, who returned it as if saying sorry.

          Sighing deeply mannie turned to leave, when six pair of eyes caught her own. She looked at them spotting one to look familiar, she didn’t think on it much seeing her phone rang “mm” she answered walking away “I’m on my way” she told the other end.

          Hanbin watched her “well that woman seems like a ” joonhwae stated only to be hit “watch your mouth” Jiwon scolded him.

Present~

          “Ah I just can’t wait to go to sleep” Bobby smiled into the night sky; he looked to his right getting no answer from his dongsaeng. “Hanbin-ah” he called “ah yes” Hanbin stated looking to him as if he had just came back from lala land. Bobby sighed “nothing let’s just get home” he told the boy leading him to their van.