I'm coming wifey

Saving Ms. Lee Chaerin

 

• CHAERIN •

 

I arrive back home after the movie, falling back onto my bed with a sigh as I pull my cellphone out of my pocket.

 

"Omo!" I exclaim when I realize I had about 3 texts from Dara and a missed call from her as well. I had completely forgotten to take my phone off silence.

 

I tried calling her back, praying that she'd answer. But she didn't. It was too late and she was probably asleep. So I left her a text and hoped she would forgive me.

 

__________________________

 

My cell was on silent so I didn't hear ur texts/ calls. Im so sorry! Promise I'll call u tomorrow. Miss you !! ily2 xxxxxxxxx ~chaerin

 

__________________________

 

• DARA •

 

I woke up the next morning to find that Chaerin had called and texted me back. I was somewhat relieved. I didn't wait for her to call me like she promised in the text. I just hit call and pressed the phone to my ear, aching to hear her voice.

 

"Hello?" her groggy voice answers, making me smile.

 

"chaerin! Hey. Morning." I smile to myself. "Did I wake you?"

 

"Nah, it's cool." her voice no longer sounds tired. "I'm guessing you got my text."

 

"Yeah. And apology excepted." I inform her. sHe chuckles. "Sorry again. seungri and I had gone out to see a movie with tiff, jiyeon, and hyorin and I had my phone on silent."

 

"I understand," I say, sitting up and resting my head on my knees as I talk. "So you and tiffany are cool now?"

 

"Yeah," sHe tells me. "We're friends. No hard feelings whatsoever."

 

"That's good to hear." I chuckle. "Was the movie any good?"

 

"Half of it was really good."

 

"What about the other half?"

 

"I wouldn't know. I completely missed it."

 

I raise an eyebrow even though she can't see me. "How come?"

 

"tiffany and I went out to grab some snacks and then we were ambushed by paparazzi." sHe admits.

 

I stifle a laugh. "Sounds dangerous."

 

"It was."

 

I giggle and then sigh. "I miss you."

 

"Tell me about it." sHe exhales. "How many more months tell graduation?"

 

"Seven months." I run a hand through my hair.

 

"Sadly."

 

sHe sighs again. "I don't want to wait."

 

"Me either."

 

"Dara?" A different voice says and I hear the door to my room creak open. I look up to see sam standing there with nothing but boxers. I bite back a laugh, not quite used to the image of sam in boxers. Yeah, he has a six pack. Yeah, he's hot. But yeah, it was still funny.

 

"You coming down for breakfast?" sam questions as he let's out a yawn. I nod and shook him away, motioning towards my phone. He nods, an understanding look on his face as he walks out.

 

"dara?" chaerin's voice says over the phone.

 

"You still there?"

 

"Yeah," I grin. "I've got to go. Call you later?"

 

"Looking forward to it."

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you more."

 

I blow her a kiss and hang up, throwing my legs over the side of my bed and standing up. I don't bother to change out of my pjs as I run downstairs for breakfast, chaerin's voice repeating itself in my mind.

 

'I love you more'

 

Those words never failed to put me in a daze and make me melt inside. Oh god, I miss chaerin so much.

 

= 7 Months Later =

 

"What do you think? Is this dress good enough?" I ask sam, motioning down at the puffy blue dress I was wearing.

 

sam makes a face. "Too puffy. No way." I groan and pull off the dress, not caring if sam saw me in my undergarments. We have grown closer in the past months. He was the closest thing I had to a brother and the only person I could go to since bom unnie was still off in college.

 

"Try this one on." sam throws a white and black gown at me and I catch it, flashing him a frown in the process.

 

"I told you I didn't want th-"

 

"Just try it on." He orders.

 

I sigh and do as told, slipping it on and letting him tie up the back. It's tight around my torso but then loose around the bottom, falling down to my ankles. The top is black and the rest is white , a few black sprinkles scatters across the dress.

 

"Told you." sam tells me matter-of-factly. "You look gorgeous. chaerin's going to drool."

 

I roll my eyes and admire myself in the mirror, secretly agreeing with sam. I do look gorgeous.

 

"You are going to get this one, right?" sam raises an eyebrow. "Graduation's tomorrow. You need to make up your mind."

 

I sigh and nod. "Yeah. I like it. This is the one." sam grins, standing up and ruffling my hair.

 

"Good. Now get back into your real clothes. I'm hungry and the smell coming from the food court is just mocking me."

 

I chuckle, stripping out of the dress and changing back into my regular clothes. "You're such a guy."

 

sam smirks and leads me out the dressing room. I throw my dress over my shoulder and follow him towards the food court.

 

• CHAERIN •

 

"OMO!" I'm running through the airport while trying to keep my hat and hoodie over my head so no one will recognize me. People keep staring at me, everyone throwing me crazy looks.

 

There's only one thought running through my head right now: "I can't miss this plane. I can't miss this plane..."

 

"Flight B-12 to manila philipines will depart in five minutes." The lady over the intercom calls, making sure to repeat herself.

 

"omo! omo ! omo !" I fuss, looking around, feeling completely lost.

 

"Ma'am?!" I jog up to some lady that seemed to be around her early thirties. "Excuse me? Do you know where the boarding area for flight B-12 is?"

 

"Ah," She nods, pointing straight forward. "I'm boarding flight B-14. B-12 should be just ahead. Keep going straight and you'll find it."

 

"Thank you!" I call after me, already making a dash towards where she had indicated me. Sure enough, a large sign saying "B-12" told me I had made it. There were two people left in line to board and I stood behind them, out of breath. I made it. I'll be at dara's graduation just in time.

 

• DARA •

 

"I can't believe we're finally graduating." Sam throws his hands up with a sigh of relief, falling onto my bed.

 

I stare at myself in the mirror as I comb through my hair, the black graduation cap in front of me.

 

"I can't believe I finally get to see Chaerin."

 

sam chuckles. "That's all you really care about, huh?"

 

"Pretty much." I admit, placing the comb back on my dresser. "I've missed her so much."

 

"Did she call to tell you she's on her way or something?" sam questions.

 

I bite my lip and look down at my feet. "sHe hasn't called me in two days. I tried calling her but she won't answer."

 

"You think she'll keep her promise?"

 

"I KNOW she'll keep her promise." I inform sam without a doubt. Every time chaerin and I talk, she always mentions how she can't wait until my graduation. It's something that makes me sure she'll keep her promise.

 

I pick up the familiar bottle of Someday off my dresser, spraying some on my neck and breathing in the scent chaerin had created.

 

"It's almost time." I mutter to myself, closing my eyes and enjoying the feeling it brought to know that I'd be seeing chaerin very, very soon.