why she's not texting me ?

Saving Ms. Lee Chaerin

 

• DARA •

 

I'm sitting in detention, hardly able to focus because I can feel jeff's eyes burning a hole through my back.

 

"Psst! dara?" He whisper-calls me, poking me in the back with the back of his pencil. I purse my lips, trying to ignore him as I work on my Biology homework.

 

Eventually, I give up, shoving my homework into my book bag along with my pencil.

 

"What do you want?" I snap back at him.

 

He grins and flicks a folded piece of paper onto my desk.

 

I raise a curious eyebrow as I unfold it, a frown etched onto my face.

 

___________________________________________

 

Want to go SM MALL OF ASIA with me today?

 

___________________________________________

 

I roll my eyes and crumble up the paper, throwing it back at him. I think that should have given him the memo.

 

He doesn't bother me the rest of detention...until we're dismissed and I make a dash out the door.

 

"dara! Wait!" He calls after me as I try to walk quickly out of the building.

 

sam's parked outside, waiting to drive me home. I walk faster but fail to make it to the car before jeff takes my wrist, pulling me back. "Just one date?" He pleads, a desperate look on his face.

 

I heave a sigh. "I have a girlfriend."

 

jeff face falls. " youre into girls ?? Why didn't you mention that earlier before I made a complete fool out of myself?"

 

I chuckle. "Sorry, jeff."

 

He gives me a lopsided smile. "Well, I guess I'll see you around."

 

"Bye, jeff." I respond, giving him a three- finger wave before making my way around the car and jumping into the passenger seat. sam starts the ignition. "jeff bothering you?" He asks.

 

"Maybe a little." I admit.

 

sam laughs softly. "If he bothers you again, tell me. I've got your back."

 

I roll my eyes. "No need. I can handle him."

 

"Sure you can, dara."

 

• CHAERIN •

 

"This movie is going to be insane!" seungri exclaimed as we sauntered into the theater, tiffany, jiyeon, and hyorin at our side.

 

"This is the number one movie in the world ." jiyeon comments, brushing a strand of her brown hair out of her eyes. "I heard it was really good."

 

hyorin nods in agreement. "I wonder who will win this final battle. Harry or Voldemort?"

 

"Has to be Harry!" tiffany adds excitedly, bouncing between jiyeon and I.

 

I don't pay much attention, my mind not able to focus much. I wished dara was here right now. There's no one else I'd rather spend time with.

 

"Can't wait to see it!" jiyeon chirps as we all take out seats at the very back of the theater so no one would recognize us.

 

The previews begin to play and when the movie finally starts, seungri groans.

 

"Why didn't buy drink or something? I'm starving!" He fusses, making me shoot him a shut-the-heck-up look.

 

"I agree." tiffany butts in, no longer focusing on the movie. "In fact, I'll go buy some. I can really go for some Milk Duds right now." She stands up, about to make her way down when I call after her.

 

"Hold on." I tell her. "I'll go with you." It was really just an excuse to get out of the theater. I wasn't in the mood to watch a movie. Not when I couldn't pay attention to it.

 

"Want Sour Patch Kids?" tiffany asks when we reach the counter.

 

She knew me so well. Yet I said no. "I'm not hungry." I admit, leaning against the counter beside the pretzel machine.

 

"Lee Chaerin ? There she is! It's Lee chaerin !" A bunch of voices exclaim as I'm quickly surrounded by flashing lights.

 

Paparazzi. You've got to be kidding me. I don't need this right now. And how the heck did they get in here?

 

" Hwang tiffany? It's hwang tiffany!" Another voice yells excitedly while snapping endless amounts of pictures.

 

"Ditch the food." I tell tiffany. "Let's get out of here."

 

"But-" She begins to protest but I'm already pushing my way through the paparazzi and towards the front doors.

 

"Wait up!" She calls, running after me. I pry open the doors and we run out, dashing around the building and collapsing behind some large dumpster.

 

"We're completely missing the movie." tiffany breathes, out of breath.

 

I nod in agreement, peeking around the dumpster to see if the paparazzi had found us. Luckily, they hadn't.

 

"Think we could sneak in the back door?" I question, motioning towards the theater's back door which was hopefully open.

 

tiffany nods. "Let's give it a try."

 

We get to our feet and go over to the door. I thank god when I find it's unlocked. We step inside and manage to make our way safely back to the theater room, apologizing to seungri when we arrived empty handed.

 

"You miss twenty minutes of the movie and come back with nothing?!" seungri whisper- screams.

 

I chuckle. "mian hae, . The paparazzi were insane."

 

"Tell me about it." tiffany adds.

 

"You could have still gotten food." seungri mumbles, returning his attention to the movie. I roll my eyes as I turn towards the large screen as well, trying to pay attention this time. I somehow manage to do so, my reactions the same as the crowd at every jaw-dropping moment.

 

• DARA •

 

I twirl my phone around my fingers, deciding on whether I should text Chaerin or not. It was getting late and she hadn't texted me which I found unusual.

 

sHe usually texted me at least five times a day. Yet, he had only texted me this morning and it wasn't even a full conversation. It had be wondering what he was up to.

 

"Hey?" sam lightly taps on my door even though it's completely open.

 

I sit up on my bed. "Yeah?"

 

"They're showing Isn't of Switched at Birth. Wanna come watch?" He offers, motioning me over.

 

I heave a sigh and stand up, walking over and following him to his room. "Isn't Switched at Birth kind of like a chick-flick-type of show?" I question.

 

sam shrugs. "I like it."

 

"I've said it before and I'll say it again." I chuckle. "You're not very manly."

 

sam frowns. "So I like Switched at Birth. Not a big deal."

 

I roll my eyes and take a seat on his bed, staring back down at my phone and exhaling. "sHe hasn't texted you?" sam guesses, referring to chaerin.

 

I sadly shake my head, running my thumb over my iPhone's screen.

 

"Just text her." sam says. "Maybe she's just waiting for you to text her first."

 

I give sam a smile and nod, agreeing. "Maybe." I prayed sam was right as I quickly typed in a text.