premiere

Saving Ms. Lee Chaerin

 

• DARA •

 

Chaerin and I are sitting on my couch, absentmindly staring at each other in silence. "So-" I begin to say.

 

"I have-" chaerin starts at the same time.

 

"You first." We both say simutaneously.

 

I chuckle. "Just go. I was just going to ask 'What's up.'"

 

chaerin laughs softly. "Ok, um. I have been meaning to ask you..." sHe pauses, fiddling with her fingers. "Well, tiffany sent me a text inviting me to her premiere..." she bite her lip awkwardly. "And said I could bring you..."

 

"Whoa," I cut her off. "You told her about me?" sHe shakes her head. "No. I asked if I could bring someone and she said yes."

 

I nod slowly. "Ok...I guess." Then something hits me. "Won't there be, like, paparazzi? Does this mean we're...going public?"

 

chaerin simply smiles. "Pretty much."

 

My eyes widen. sHe wanted to go public. As in, the whole world will know that we're together. That meant...that meant she did have strong feelings for me. This was serious. All I could do was smile in return. "That sounds great, chae."

 

sHe's grinning now, bringing her face to mine and crushing my lips with her's.

 

I kiss her back, the world around us seeming to disappear. The next thing you know, chaerin kissing my neck, leaving a trail of kisses as she moves to my ear. I hold her to me, pulling her down as I lay back on the couch.

 

sHe stops kissing me and just stares into my eyes. her eyes were like an endless pool of caramel. I could stay like this forever. sHe stares at me a little bit longer before starting to kiss me again. I can feel our tongues moving together as I hold her face to mine, never wanting to let go. Then I hear the sound of someone clearing their throat.

 

chaerin and I pull apart, blushing as we turn to look at Aunt who's stating at us, a frown on her face. She must have finished grocery shopping and just gotten back. bom unnie back from gangnam. She's standing by the door, a funny expression on her face.

 

"Mind explaining to me what I just saw?" Aunt snaps, tapping her foot on the ground.

 

"Geez," bom unnie butts in. "They were just making out in the couch. What's so bad about that?"

 

"bom!" Aunt scowls. bom unnie shrugs.

 

I feel my face flush. "Um..."

 

"I was just leaving." chaerin blurts, standing up awkwardly.

 

I squeeze my lips together, holding back a laugh. "Bye." I squeal.

 

sHe leans back into my ear. "I'll pick you up tomorrow for the premiere." sHe whispers. I nod and kiss her cheek before she pulls away. Aunt throws her a glare as she awkardly heads towards and out the door.

 

I giggle and stand up. "I'll be in my room." I make a run for the stairs before Aunt could say anything, trying not burst out laughing.

 

• CHAERIN• // Next Day //

 

I'm sitting in the limo outside Dara's house, staring out the window and waiting for her to appear. I'd called her not long ago and told her I was outside. She'd responded by telling me she'd be out in flash. But it seemed like eternity.

 

When she finally came out, I suddenly forgot how to breath.

 

dara was wearing a short, strapless dress. The top was black with a big bow in the center. The bottom was white and slightly puffy, black sprinkles across it. Her hair's curled and it fell beneath her shoulders, absolutely stunning. She blushed as she approached the limo. I quickly opened it for her, still speechless. She pulls at her dress as she takes a seat beside me. "Is this too short? It's bom unnie's."

 

All I say is "Um..."

 

"Is it?" She asks again.

 

"I, uh, stand up." I blurt. She stands up, still tugging at her dress as she turns around. "It's short, isn't it?" She says.

 

I wouldn't say it was TOO short. All I could see was her upper thigh which my eyes seemed to have glued themselves too.

 

"CL?" Dara squeaks.

 

"It's, uh, fine. Totally fine. Absolutely fine. Never finer-" I stammer.

 

"chaerin!" She sits down and stares at me, her eyebrow raised. "Are you ok?"

 

"Yeah. I'm ok. Completely ok. As ok as I can be-"

 

"chaerin!" She says again, waving her hand in front of my face.

 

I blink a few times. "Huh?"

 

"chae," She tells me. "Breath."

 

I inhale and exhale as told. She puts her hand my shoulder, looking at me curiously. "Sure you're ok?"

 

I look back down at her outfit as I take a deep breath of air. "Never been better."

 

She rolls her eyes and leans in, puckering her lips as she waits for me to kiss her. I gulp and lean in, giving her a quick kiss. It was extremely hard to concentrate all of the sudden. Everything seemed out of focus. Why did she have to dress like this? Not that I wasn't ok with it. In fact, I was absolutely ok with it.

 

"So, where's the premiere at?" dara wonders.

 

"Incheon." I tell her, still finding it hard to focus.

 

"Oh." She looks down at me. "You look nice."

 

"Nice?" I look down at what I was wearing: a white with black combination chanel sleeve less dress with a 5 inches high heels I flutter my lashes teasingly in her direction. "That's it? Nice?"

 

She bites her lip and leans closer to me. "Sooo y."

 

"y?" I fake a frown. "That's not good enough, dara."

 

dara chuckles, her breath tickling my ear as she leans in even closer. "What do you want me to say? pretty?"

 

I blush. "Do I?"

 

"Very." She smiles, pulling back. My hearts hammering against my chest. She does things to me no other girl's ever done. Not even Tiffany or any other past girlfriend. dara's different. She's like an angel sent to me from god. She's the girl I've been waiting for all my life.

 

"We're here, Ms.Lee!" Jeff calls, bringing the limo to a stop. I can hear a lot of excited voices and the sound of paparazzi outside. I look at dara. "Ready?"

 

"As always." She grins, prying open the door. We both step out and I take her hand in mine, letting the world know that we're together and she belongs to me.

 

I barely even notice the mob of paparazzi now surrounding us.

 

"CL! chaerin! CL!" They all call out. "Who's this girl?"

 

"Are you guys together?"

 

"What about Tiffany?"

 

"Are you here for Tiffany?"

 

"What happened with Yuri?"

 

"Do you still love Tiffany?"

 

dara huddles closer to me. "chae-" She begins to say.

 

The paparazzi cut her off. "Tiffany said she still had feelings for you. What do you have to say about that?"

 

They now turn to dara, shooting questions at her.

 

"Has chaerin told you she loved you?"

 

"What do you have to say about Tiffany?"

 

"Do you hate Tiffany?"

 

"Are you ok with dating a player?"

 

dara simply shakes her and looks up at me. "I can't do this."

 

With that, she turns and runs, disappearing into the mob of paparazzi.

 

"dara!" I call after her but the paparazzi make it hard for me to get through. By the time I make it out, the limo is gone.

 

And so is dara.