6) Realization

Cuz it's Forbidden Love

Narrator's POV

Subin could barely sleep after her little incident with Mark. She twisted and the bed, trying to find a comfortable position. Sadly, it only made her hangover worse. The girl sat up, careful not to wake Mark as she maneuvered herself out of the bedroom. She was surprised to see a figure in a hoodie awake in the kitchen.

"you're awake"  Jr said

"deh...so are you...Jinyoung-ssi" Subin said

"Mark told me you had a hangover" he said "he helped me make some bone soup. Did you like it?"

"it was very good. Kamsahamnida" she bowed

"are you feeling alright now?" he asked

"aniyo, I still have a big headache" Subin said sitting down at the table

"then you should go sleep" Jr said

"I can't. Not without Mark watching me" she looked down

"tell me honestly here" he said "do you two have something going on?"

"truthfully, I don't know" Subin said

"he likes you Subin-ssi. Between the 7 of us, I'm the mother here and I'm not really amused that he has feelings for you." Jr said

"it's because I'm such a spoiled rich isn't it?" Subin said "I know. A guy like Mark deserves better than me."

"I-I didn't mean it like that" Jr said

"even if you say so, I know that you do mean it like that" Subin said "it's pretty obvious that all of you hate my guts. It's okay, I hate myself too."

Subin dug into her bag and gave Jr some money

"what's this for?" Jr said

"well it's for taking me into your home when I got drunk for the first time, you could have kicked me out. You also somewhat helped me with this killer hangover...thank you" Subin said

"you don't need to do that" Jr said

"yes I do" she said and bowed "can you please tell Mark to just focus on his career? Tell him not to contact me again"

"why?" Jr asked

"it'll only be bad for him" Subin said getting her things.

***
Mark and the rest of the boys woke up a few hours later.

"did any of you guys see Subin? she's not in the room" he said

"she left earlier" Jr answered drinking a cup of coffee "around 4 am, which reminds me...Mark hyung, let's talk"

"about what?" Mark raised his eyebrow. Jr only put his drink down before leading the older boy towards his room. "you let her leave earlier Jinyoung-ah?"

"mm" Jr nodded

"wae?" he asked "she had a hangover"

"Subin was pretty sober by that time" Jr said "Mark hyung, you need to stop bothering with her. You two have different roles in life and it will just be way too complicated if you two get together"

"you're just like that because you hate her" Mark said "all of you hate her. You haven't even seen the hidden parts of her and you judge because of her outer attitude" 

"Mark hyung-"

"she was being genuine with you boys when she wanted to get to know you and all you did was lie and make up an excuse to leave." Mark said "then after that, something happened at her home, there's more to her than you know"

"ara" Jr said "she talked to me for a bit before leaving...I felt bad for her honestly. I don't know if it was the hangover or her true feelings, but she doesn't want to get involved with you"

"why?" Mark asked

"she said that it'll only be bad for you" Jr said "just focus on GOT7 right now okay?"

"but I can't" Mark said "I don't know why, but I can't get her out of my head Jinyoung-ah."

"then you really must like her Mark hyung" Jr sighed "do you know how she feels?"

"aniyo..." Mark said "I'm confused with her feelings, but...I just always have these feelings when she's going to get in trouble. I'm sorry Jinyoung-ah, I know I should be focusing on GOT7 and that we're still too young in the industry to date, but I like her. I'm not going to ask you guys to be friends with Subin, but please try to accept her and be nice to her"

"I'll talk to the others" Jr nodded patting the boy's back

***
Subin arrived home around 5 am and snuck into her room. It was a relief for her that her parents always leave at 4:30 so that they wouldn't see her. The girl changed her clothes and drank some sleeping pills before crashing on her bed, trying to forget about whatever happened today.

By the time she woke up again, it was 11 am and the servants noticed that she was home.

"agassi, you're awake" one said "would you like anything to eat? drink? miss you appear to sick, are you alright"

"just get me some water and medicine. I'm fine" Subin ordered waving them away with her hand. Somewhere between the girl resting and laying down in bed, she found herself watching GOT7 videos on her flatscreen.

She seemed to notice all the little things that Mark did in her little GOT7 marathon. Subin began to pay attention to the boys, their relationship, and their personalities. But of course, Mark stole her attention the most.

His subtle looks and interactions with the other members, the way he teased them and vice versa, his deep and husky voice that occasionally went high, his quietness, and his laugh/smile intrigued her. She wanted to actually get to know him, talk to him, have fun with him like normal people or like s did, but she can't.

"why are things so complicated?" Subin muttered to herself. In the past few days, she started to notice how hard a wealthy person's life really is. Especially if your future was already planned out. The girl's life has to go exactly like others visualize, one slight mistake can basically ruin the rest of her life.

Turning the tv off, she crawled back into bed, checking her social networking accounts when she received a text.

'I know things seem to be really difficult right now, especially with what could happen between us, but I'm willing to wait and I'm willing to try. I don't know about you Subin-ah, but I like you.'

Somehow, that text gave the girl butterflies, but the butterflies were immediately replaced with fear and sadness. She can't risk neither her future or Mark's career, but she was certain about one thing. She liked Mark Tuan.