24) Going Back

Cuz it's Forbidden Love

Narrator's POV

After the One Mic concert, the boys decided to go back to the Tuan residence for a while. GOT7 rested in the living room, playing with Jason, and catching up with the men. Subin, Jessica, Grace, and Tammy were helping mama with the food.

"I don't understand why women are stereotyped to always be in charge of the kitchen" Tammy said I find that demeaning to be honest"

"Don't try to be a heroine right now, Tammy. Cook" Grace said chopping some ingredients.

"I get what you mean" Subin chuckled "I honestly really love a guy who can cook"

"You hear that Mark?" Jessica said to the boy who just walked in

"what happened?" he said clueless

"Subin said she likes guys who can cook, too bad your skills are like rubber cement" Jessica chuckled stirring the pot

"It's a must for my future husband to know how to cook" Subin  "I can't marry someone who's not good in the kitchen"

"y-yah, you don't really mean that do you?" Mark asked. Subin stuck her tongue out and nodded her head "I'm gonna go...learn how to cook"

"ooh! look at him!" Tammy laughed as her brother scurried away to go on his phone

"You have Mark right in the palm of your hand, Subin" Grace laughed

"It feels good seeing him like that" mama smiled "and it feels good to know that Mark's found his match"

"mom, how come you weren't like that for us?" Tammy asked

"your dad was" she said "your dad cried a river when he found out you were getting engaged."

***

"-are you serious?" Subin asked as they sat in her backyard. "Mark, you said that you were starting your Japanese debut soon. You want me to go with you?"

"Well I'm not just going to leave you here in LA after we finally see each other, and leaving you and Jason alone in Korea isn't an option for me either" he said "whether you have family in both places or not. Baby, I want our family to be together"

"I like it with your family Mark. No, I love it" Subin said "they're the family I've always wanted to have"

"So you want to stay?" he asked. She sighed

"molla, I don't want us to be separated again" Subin said holding his hand, "but it seems like this is the best atmosphere for Jason to grow up in. I mean, he has your family here and your parents love to help me out with him"

"that's true" Mark said "I'd want Jason to grow up in a home like this..."

"love, I don't know" she whisepred

"what about...leaving him here for a while? and you come with me and the boys?" Mark asked

"you're not asking me to leave my son behind are you? Mark, I can't do that" she said seriously and he looked down "why is this so complicated?"

"Subin-ah, I'm not leaving you behind" Mark said "I'm not leaving LA without you"

She looked into his and saw the desperation. The girl leaned in and locked their lips

"it'll take a lot of convincing...but arasso" she said caressing his face "Jason and I will go back with you and GOT7"

"I'll protect you, both of you" he said pulling her in a hug "you're not getting away from me this time"

"sounding like true parents" a voice said from behind them. The two turned around to see Mark's parents, standing by the door

"mama, papa," Mark said "did you hear everything we just said?"

"most of it" mama said as she and her husband joined them "I hope you both know what you're doing"

"mama, I'm not leaving without her" Mark said

"but sometimes you need to think about what's the best for your family" papa said "think about you two. Is what you want really best for Jason?"

"thank you...for everything that you've done for me while I was in LA" Subin bowed her head "as much as I would like to stay here, it's about time for me to go back to Korea"

"dear" mama said

"I need to face my parents. They've tried to end GOT7 once and that was without me in the way. If they find out about this, they'd do more than disband the group. I can't let them do that to the boys. I need to go back and fix the mess that I started" Subin said standing up, the three were absolutely stunned when they saw her crying. Mark grabbed her hand "I'd like to keep Jason here with you. There just isn't a fit place for him to grow up in except here. Please take good care of him while Mark and I are gone."

"you want to leave your child here with us?" papa asked

"I don't want to leave him at all, but papa and mama can take better care of him than I can with my situation" Subin bowed again before heading back inside.

***

JYP Nation had two more concerts in LA before they went back to Korea. Subin spent those two days packing and spending time with her son. By the third day, JYP Nation was supposed to go back and Subin was inseparable from Jason.

"jie jie...you need to go" Joey muttered looking at them sadly.

"thank you Joey" Subin cried, her bottom lip trembling as she spoke "for helping me that day"

"it was really fate" he gave her a small smile, holding his hands out for Jason. She reluctantly parted with the baby, taking off her gold star necklace, before putting it on him

"I don't know how long I'm going to be gone aegi-ah, keep this necklace safe oh? appa gave it to umma on their one month anniversary" Subin smiled sadly kissing his head one last time "I love you Jason"

"we'll take good care of him Subin" Jessica said reassuringly giving her a hug "keep in contact with us"

"I will" Subin nodded wiping away her tears

"be careful" mama said giving her a hug "like you said, your parents are people not to be messed with"

"if you need any backup, just call us" papa said making her crack a smile "have a safe flight"

"thank you" Subin said again and they heard a car honk.

"your taxi is here" Joey said. Subin nodded taking her luggage and giving them another glance before heading into the taxi that drove her to the airport. She arrived earlier than the boys and JYP Nation, but she was taking the same flight with them in the 1st class section.

"hey" Mark said sitting next to her as they got on the plane

"you okay noona?" the boys asked worriedly. Subin shook her head and bit her lip to suppress any tears that were planning to fall. Mark glanced at her phone and noticed that she was looking at a picture of Jason. He sighed and put an arm around her, soothingly rubbing her back

"gwenchana, we'll see him again" Mark said softly "this goodbye isn't forever"

***

Subin decided to come back to the boys' dorm that night.

"are you jetlagged noona?" Jr asked

"I'm beat" Jackson said waving his hand "aigoo dorm, I missed you! Night!"

"aren't you going to sleep?" JB asked

"my parents are having a launching tomorrow for a new branch" Subin said "a new hotel,"

"you're planning on going noona?" Youngjae asked and she nodded

"are you gonne ruin the party?" Yugyeom asked

"ani, no matter how much I resent them, I should never try to sabotage my parents by revenge" Subin said

"aigoo noona!" Bambam said "you confuse me!"

"me? wae?" Subin asked

"because sometimes you love your parents and sometimes you hate them! I don't know if you wanna hug them or kill them" Bambam said

"to be honest with you Bambam-ah, I don't know either" Subin said "when it comes to the subject of you guys or of marriage or of business, I get defensive and hostile and I hate them. But they're still my parents and I have to love them don't I?"

"so what are you going to do?" Mark asked

"I'm going to the business launch" Subin said "that's all you need to know."

"but noona-"

"I'll be fine" she said "so go inside and sleep, you all must be tired from your concerts"

"you sleep too, baby" Mark said putting a hand on her shoulder

"I will" Subin forced a smile "later. Ka, don't wait for me"


A/N UGHHH LIYIN'S MV

TAO AND VIC AND FEELS AND SOBS AND LIYIN'S VOICE UGGHHH TT^TT I CAN'T


Now on other notes, EXO-L.
Er tbh I have mixed feelings about this fandom name, like I honestly thought SM coulda done better like, for two years they just really added a letter to create the name and I also saw on tumblr that exol is a lubricant - Wait. Let us take a moment. 



We're a lubricant guys. So I had the "what the " feeling again when hearing EXO's fandom name, it's like when I heard the iGOT7 fandom name, again just adding a letter. Like eh it's okay, but we coulda gotten better names.

There's a lot for the EXO fandom: Exotics, Exo planets, Exorcists, Illuminatis - I personally was hoping for Galaxies but yano, that's cool too.

But the thing I do like behind the EXO-L thing is the meaning. Like L is the letter between K and M, it's the 12th letter of the alphabet, EXO said that L keeps K and M together, like "We Are One" yo. And it also means Love, this is the part I like with the name. It has good sentimental meaning.

And now I know why the boys kept putting up the "L" sign during concerts and performances, I always thought "...are you calling us losers wut ._." it stood for EXO-L duh. Well at least EXO fans aren't nameless anymore.

Now can SM please give a name to f(x)? It's been 5 years already.


K-pop slays me
Subscribe, comment, and upvote~
-Yuni