Three

Sentient
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sumin-ah, make sure to marry a man who can cook” Mrs. Kim randomly said one day. “Thank God one of my sons is capable of doing so.”

“You have two sons? I thought Suho-ssi was an only child” Sumin made no attempt in hiding her surprised face.

“You forgot Jongdae” Mrs. Kim smiled.

The younger female’s  expression did not alter. Clearly the two boys did not look alike to her, therefore she did not think they were blood related.

‘I see” was her only reply.

“I’m her favorite actually” A voice interrupted the silence that followed. Sumin looks up to see Jongdae enter with a huge smile.

“Good morning ‘mom’” Chen made sure to emphasize the title.

Mrs. Kim chucked the wooden spoon she was using at the boy who just greeted her.  Sumin heard a thunk, followed by the complaints of the victim.

“What was that for?” Chen whined as he furiously rubbed the side of his head. “God, Suho hyung is just like you. So violent”

“It took you almost a month to visit!” Mrs. Kim barked, then went back to stirring the content of the pot. “You deserved more than that”

Looking at the commotion in front of her, Sumin almost laughed. Almost.The interaction between the mother and son reminded her of her deceased mother. If only her parents were still alive and well.

Sumin sighed and got up to leave the kitchen.

“You don’t have to leave. I actually came to apologize” Chen said in a low voice. “What happened last time we met, that was really rude of me. I hope we can be friends?”

Sumin glanced at the boy with an indifference manner. She looked at the hand that was offered to her and walked away without another glance.

“Jongdae-ah, if you’re looking for a girlfriend, eomma can help” Mrs. Kim said with a smile, earning a groan from the boy.

***

“Hyung, honestly this girl is getting on my last nerve!” Chen shouted into the phone. “I went and apologized”

Jongdae listened as his older friend tried to calm him down.

“She walked away. Didn’t even say a single thing” Jongdae rolled his eyes at the memory. “Suho-hyung, she’s not the angel you described her to be. No matter how angelic her features are, her heart was made in the pits of hell”

“Are you still at the orphanage?” Suho asked with a serene tone.

“Yes, can you take me out to lunch? I’m hungry and your mom says she won’t feed me until I get a girlfriend”

“What?” Suho chuckled. “I’ll take you out, on one condition”

“I’m not helping Sehun with his project. That kid is too lazy, you need to discipline him more hyung”

“No” Suho quickly stated. “Ask Sumin if she’d like to go out to lunch with us”

“Are you ing serious?” Chen grumbled, not believing his lack of luck.

“Come on Jongdae, it shouldn’t be that bad. Text me when she agrees.”

Chen mumbled a string of complaints as he made his way to the stairs. Get ahold of yourself Jongdae, he told himself. Maybe hyung is right, I do need a little challenge in life. Determined to get his empty stomach full, Jongdae runs upstairs,

“Sumin-ssi!?” Jongdae called out for the girl. “I need to ask you a question”

Hearing their sisters’ name being called, Sorin and Haeun came out of a random room.  Chen looks at the two girls, not knowing how to greet them.

“Are you looking for unni?” Sorin asked.

Chen nodded.

“Why?” Sorin pressed on.

“I need to ask he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter