One

Sentient
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If I'm able to make this jump, you promise to buy me dinner for 2 weeks, hyung"

"But Chen, you don't know how to swim!" Suho looked worriedly as his friend stepped closer and closer to the edge of the cliff. "I'll buy you dinner regardless of you jumping"

"What's the fun in that? You have to live life to the fullest. Ok guys, I'm going!" Chen ran to the edge and pushed himself to the air. "Hell yeah!"

The rest of the Exo members run to see their friend land harshly in the warm, summer water. 

"That idiot, I'll go get him" Kris sighed as he takes off his shirt. "Anyone want to follow?"

"I'll come!" Baekhyun and Xiumin shouted at the same time.

"Hyung you better hurry! He hasn't come up yet" Sehun cried as he lifted his gaze from the water below.

"On a count a 3, ready?" 

"1, 2, 3, JUMP!"

"Why does he always makes us do the craziest things?" Suho whispered with a smile. "He'll be the death of us one day'

***

"What did I say about jumping Chen? Look at you now. not even a day and you've already caught a cold" Suho looked at his younger friend bundled up in thick blankets. The Exo members came over to play video games since Chen was too sick to go out. Despite that fact, this was a typical day for them.

"It's all worth it hyung. At least I'm getting free meals out of it" Chen smiled, content with his action the day before.

Suho gave a loud sigh. He felt bad for the boy. Chen has been taking care of himself since the age of 10, when he was sent to the orphanage following the death of his parents. Suho's mother was the owner of the orphanage, in which the two young boys met and soon became close friends. Suho introduced Chen to the members of Exo, and they've been treating him like another brother ever since.

"Want to go with me to the Orphanage tomorrow? Mom's been asking about you. She complains you don't visit anymore"

Chen gave a soft chuckle, "I was there last week!"

"Well, do you want to come?"

"Hyung can we come too?" Sehun and Kai asked. "We heard there is this new girl whose quiet a catch. We want to see her with our own eyes"

"Only if you don't ually harrass her" Suho replied, shaking his head at the two maknaes.

"With these looks, I wouldn't even have to sweet talk her" Sehun commented proudly, only earning a smack in the head from Luhan. "Hyung, what the !?"

"You're not as good looking as you think you are Oh Sehun" Luhan smirked.

"Well everyone says you two look alike hyung, does that mean you're not attractive as well?" Chen asked Luhan. The older boy gave him a glare, with a quick "shut up", while the rest of the Exo members laughed.

***

"Mrs. Kim! Your favorite son is here!" Chen shouted, despite his cold still present. 

"Jongdae-ah, you finally visited huh?" Suho's mother stepped out of the kitchen with a wide smile, quickly followed by a frown. "Are you sick, what's wrong with your voice?"

"He jumped off a cliff the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter