I'm Here...

The Way

I opened my eyes. My head hurt, so did my chest. I took a look at the clock on the wall. It was almost midnight. I got off my bed, I spent a few minutes to check on my own condition. I felt okay and looked fine, except for the massive headache that I felt when I woke up earlier. The pain in my chest also slowly vanishing. 625 was the number attached on my room’s door. I had to find Hyuna, I was so worried about her. I did not know where she was, I looked around but the corridor was empty. I walked along the corridor while reading the names beside every single room’s doors. I could not find the one with Moon Hyuna on it.

“Where is everybody?” I asked, to myself.

                This hospital was too quiet. I thought people in this place worked 24 hours. I walked downstairs, I finally found an information desk, but it seemed like nobody was there. I decided to go back to my room.

“625… 625… 625..” I mumbled.

                Ah… why was I so stupid! I could call Hyuna’s phone! Well, yes, finally I could use my brain properly. Even thought she probably would not pick up the phone because it was already midnight, but I was worried about her. I did not want to see her hurt or something.

                I came back into my room, but I did not see any existence of my things. I thought my bag would be in the drawer, at least. I sighed. I was so confused, my mind was not in the right place yet. I got out of my room again, to see if there was anyone who walked by. Then, no one. “What is this?! Why is everything so weird?” those questions popped out in my head. I decided to look around one more time, and if I still could not find Hyuna, I continue to search for her in the morning.

                I walked to the third floor, I finally saw a nurse working at the information desk. Thank God!

“Um, excuse me.. Perhaps, do you know where the patient named Moon Hyuna is?”

                She was busily typing something from what I saw.

“Wait a minute…” she said.

                Ah, finally! I waited her result as I placed my elbow on the desk.

“I’m sorry I can’t find her, you probably said the wrong name…” she said.

“No, Moon Hyuna! Moon-Hyun-A! Moon…”

“There’s no patient name Park Jin Ae here, Jung Ah-yah…” she said before I could even finish my words.

“Eh?”

                I was confused. Since when my name became “Jung Ah”?

“Park Jin Ae, did you spell the name correctly?”  The voice from the speakerphone filled the empty corridor.

                Ahhh, this nurse was in the middle of the conversation on the phone, I thought.

“I’ll call you later then, Jung Ah-yah…”

                Great! She ended her conversation. She stood up from her chair and went to the back to get some files.

“Excuse me, miss. I want to know Moon Hyuna’s room. Could please check it for me..?” I asked her.

“……….”

                The nurse did not say anything. She was busily typing something on her computer.

“Hello!!!” I raised my tone. “Hello miss!! Can you hear me??!!”

                She could not. At that time I found out that there was something wrong going on here. I ran to the emergency unit, the place which I thought people were working 24 hours there. And I was right, everyone was busy in here. I kept yelling “hello!!” to people but one could hear me. I was scared like crazy, I completely lost, and I did not know what exactly was going on. I sat on the chair in the waiting room. I went to the first floor and decided to check on every single room there.

“I have no information about Hyuna. I don’t know what is going on right now, if I can find her by doing random search like this, then Hyuna and I are really meant to be. It’ll be so cool!” I said that to myself, trying to be calm.

                I spent 15 minutes searching for her in this area. I almost went crazy because of this.

 “Can somebody tell me what is exactly happening right now?” I begged for help.

                People could not hear my voice, I could not touch them either. Every time I tried to touch them, trying to make sure they see me, there was something like electrocuted me or what. It hurt so bad! I then accidentally passed the room with 128 written on the door which was slightly opened. There was no name written on the walls though, but I saw a familiar back view sitting on the chair.

“Minha-yah! Is that you?!!” I hurriedly entered the room.

                I saw Hyuna was lying on the bed. She injured her head and there were a few scratches on her left cheek.

“Hyuna-yah…” I said that while standing like a fool.

                She moved a bit, she probably could hear my voice. I smiled. Then somebody opened the door slowly, I turned around. It was Heecheol, seemed like he was just came back from somewhere. She rubbed Minha’s head and grabbed her arms, shook her a bit, tried to wake her up.

“You’ll hurt your neck, go sleep on the couch over there..” Heecheol said to Minha.

                I follow them both. They sat on the sofa not too far from Hyuna’s bed. They both sat side by side. Minha leaned her head on Heecheol’s left shoulder. He put his arm around her, made a comfortable position for her to sleep.

“Oppa, unnie will be okay, right?” Minha asked as she closed her eyes.

                Heecheol did not say anything, he just gave the girl a tight hug, tried hard to make her not to worry. I stood in front of Heecheol.

“Heecheol-ah.. Don’t you ever dare to leave somebody you love.. Keep protecting her!” I said.

Heecheol sighed and then he kissed Minha’s head.

“Kevin Hyung..” Heecheol looked to the place where I was standing.

“You know I’m here, Heecheol-ah?? Yah… I’m…”

“Can you hear me? Everyone is worried about Hyuna noona now. If you were here, she probably will get better soon..”

               Heecheol said that before I finished my words, It was a signed that he did not know I was here. He then put a pink blanket on Minha’s body. Seeing them like that reminded me of my happy and lovey dovey time with Hyuna. I’ve missed her! I closed my eye then rubbed my face. I turned around, and I saw Hyuna opened her eyes slowly. Her left side of her bed is big enough for me to lay there. I got on and we lay side by side. I looked at her in the eyes. A tear fell down, I was crying.

“Kevin…” she called my name.

“Hyuna-yah, I don’t care you know I’m here or not..”

“Kevin…” tears filled up her eyes.

“I’m here… I’m not going anywhere…”

“Don’t leave me alone, you can’t leave me alone…” she cried.

“Hyuna-yah… I’m here!”



 

To be continued….