Chapter Two

Encounters, Partings

"Hey, you're going to receive the prize now!" Youngjae said upon hearing the call, his face seems to more excited than the one who will be getting that material thing.

"Uh, y-yes. I'm going to get it now for a while, I wonder what it is?" Zelo answered, with a hesitant smile printed on his face.

“Good luck on that!”

Daehyun shouted, “Don’t come back here if it’s not food!”

Then he left, with his right hand at the back of his head.

Meanwhile, when Rina was called, she quickly stood up and left her nee-sans. Excited much isn't it?

Tomomi reminded her from afar, "I hope your excitement doesn't let you down!"

She just laughed and left.

The host met the winners. She called the first round winners first, Jungkookand Aina, and gave their prizes. Followed by Chorong and Takahiro, and finally Zelo and Rina.

All of the idols are holding their most anticipated rewards now, wrapped in a beautifully designed circular shaped box along with a tight ribbon, then the host told them to open it.

With an obvious surprise seen on their expressions, they must have gotten a muchunexpected prize. It took a few seconds for them to absorb what they actually received. The winner pairs gave each other a mixed look of shock and joy through wide gazes and smiles.

As mentioned earlier, the theme of the show for that day is different genres of music. What did they receive then? An album of each other's groups (either new or a not-so-new album).

Jungkook received Silent Siren's "Start", Aina received BTS's "Skool Luv Affair"; Chorong received One OK Rock's "Jinsei x Boku" and Takahiro received A-pink's "UneAnnee"; Zelo received SCANDAL's "Queens are Trumps" and Rina received B.A.P's "First Sensibility".

Whoa, the prizes might be a little bit off-limits. Those artists are so busy, do you think they still have time to listen to another band's music? Do you think they would care to listen? Most especially listening to a genre that is not their type at all? Well, maybe yes. But in some cases, it could be a no. Some of them would find a way, even if time doesn't let them, to listen to a new sound of music.

They all just laughed on the albums that were on their hands. Not the bad laugh though, but the laugh as if to say, "This is nice!".

The host then started, "Alright, you're all surprised aren't you? We're aware that you guys are busy musicians, but we hope that through this show, you get a chance to listen to a new sound of music to your ears. Try to listen to what you’re holding right now if you have the time!"

The game's winners thanked the host, the show, their fans, and everyone for letting them guest and receive such albums. It was indeed a pleasant time.

The show's not totally over yet though, there are still some small talks, stuff concerning their personal lives, and pluggingsof their current releases being discussed by the idols. Some questions were asked about them too which made the fans scream and shout at the studio.

After an hour-long sort of interview for them, the show has ended on that day. They're all so tired when they got into the backstage. However, the production is planning to broadcast it next week. So wait for it?

"Can I have a look?" Tomomi asked Rina while eyeing on the First Sensibility album.

“Sure,” she handed it to her and said, "I would love to listen, I feel like this is a good album, don't you think?"

"Hmm, I can’t totally say yet, but it must be..”

Haruna and Mami then came, and did the same. They take a look on B.A.P's first full length album and agreed to listen to it, too.

Meanwhile...

"All girl rock band, that's totally cool." Zelo commented while staring at Queens are Trumps album.

Daehyun went beside Zelo and also looked at SCANDAL's album, he said, "Cool! Girls who rock. I'm going to listen to this."

"Yeah, and they're all pretty rockers." joked their maknae.

“Sadly, it’s not food. Okay…” Daehyun said as if he was the one who won that prize, the look on his face was very unfortunate that it’s not he wished it would be.

Himchan immediately grabbed the album from Zelo's hand and said, "Oh." then he paused for a moment and continued, "Let us listen to this."

It took a moment for them to realize what his pause actually meant, but then they all agreed thereafter.

Just a few distance away from B.A.P's room, Tomomi's cough can be heard loudly. It was dry and continuous.

"I'm okay, I'm okay. It's just a cough." she excused, despite the feeling is already at its worse.

A staff handed her a bottle of water and she quickly drank and drank, "Thank you.." she said.

Just as she was about to rest her eyes, a knocking on the door came, and it was opened by one of the staffs.

As soon as it was opened, a pair of curious black eyes met hers, a cute face with gray hair, as if looking for something or someone. Surprisingly, it was the vocalist of B.A.P, it was Jung Dae Hyun.

Tomomi was obviously shocked by her/their surprise visitor, “This face seems familiar, but who is this dude and what does he want?”, she thought and went towards him to ask what's the matter. But before she could even speak-

"Uh, hello there," he clears his throat, "I'm Jung Daehyun of B.A.P and.. can I ask a favor? If it’s okay?" he asked and he wasn't looking at her eyes directly, he was looking what's inside actually. In that moment, there was really something that quickly attracted his attention from behind.

"..Oh. Yeah, I remember you. What favor? Sure. Uh, I'm Tomomi Ogawa by the way." she said while took a quick glance at her back.

"Thank you. Umm..alright, how do I say this. Will you girls be good enough to tell us what do you think of our album by the time you've got the chance to listen to it? It's actually our first full length album, and, it would be a big help to us and for our improvements. Sort of, a review?"

"A review? O-kay, we will. But..how? How are we going to send it?"

His eyes widened, "Whoa, really? ..T-thanks a lot!" he smiled widely and his thin eyes appeared.

It may sound weird but, that smile made Tomomi smile too.

"How?”, he picked something from his pocket, “Here." then he handed her a calling card with their entertainment's address, number and email.

She laughed and took the card, "Is this business, eh?"

"Kinda? And, it’s up to you on how will you send it to me."

"Alright,” she sighed, “hmm..when shall we give the review though?"

"Anytime, any day you want." he nodded.

"Got it. And don’t expect me to be some kind of expert in writing this.”

“That’s okay, I understand.”

She didn’t know what to reply, so she just half smiled and nod her head.

"Thank you again." he continued.

"Don't mention it, you're welcome."

But still, there's this something that makes Daehyun look at the back, what was it really?

"..Please don't take this as rude but, I smell cheesecake from my position here, am I right?"

"Yes? It’s, a cheesecake, right. And, it's not rude to ask that."

"Oh....." he bit his lips, perhaps you will know why.

"You’ve got a nice sense of smell. Why? Do you want one?"

"Ah! No, no!" he said obviously denying.

"Nah, don't be shy." she said and walked over to her table to get a piece, "Eat it."

"No, thanks, I'm full."

"I can sense that, you want it? Now I insist." she raised her eyebrow.

"Really no, thank you but my appetite's fine."

She sighed, "Okay then, you'll probably receive the review within this week," and took a bite in the cheesecake from her hand.

"W-whoa!"Daehyun all of a sudden shouted.

"Why?" she questioned while munching, attempting to make him crave for that piece.

"I already ate my words, and..I accept your insist."

"But I already bit it."

"It's okay." he seemed so ashamed of himself because of his cravings, especially to a girl band member whom he only met that day.

She gave it to him, and he took it immediately. Tomomi burst out laughing; she just couldn't keep it anymore. He's like a little kid who wants an ice cream.

"Wow! This tastes good! Where have you bought it?"

She stopped from her laughing to answer him, "Oh no, I baked it."