Chapter Three

Encounters, Partings

He was, admittedly kind of impressed with what he heard, "You baked it? The taste's like one of those expensive cheesecakes I bought once. You did a nice job!"

"Thanks.." she nodded, "It was actually my second time to do it, since I bake cookies most of the time. My favorite."

Daehyun tapped Tomomi's shoulder and said, "Continue doing it, miss. Make sure I'll be the first one to taste your pastries when you open your own shop someday huh? You can even start today." he joked.

She just laughed, "I’ll make sure, and perhaps maybe give it to you for free.Today? Come lend me money then and help me."

"I'll wait for that." he said while he raised his index finger and smirked, “I could help you, but not now though. You’ll thank me later.”

"You are? Okay, then wait. Don't blame me if I ever disappoint you.”

"Hmm, well, it depends.”

She gave him a pointed stare, while he just laughed and said, "Hey, I'm only kidding!" to avoid those deadly eyes from a pretty girl.

Tomomi then covered her face using her hands and said, “But wait a second, are you serious on helping me? Sorry for asking, I don’t know if you’re joking or not on that one.” her hands resting on her cheeks now.

“I’m open to this kind of business, and I have a friend who knows business stuff, I could drag him in this.”

“R-really?”

“Uh-huh.”

The bassist sighed, merged her own hands and placed them under her chin, “I’m going to thank you now for your ‘future’ help while I still can; I kind of appreciate it, though you haven’t made a move yet."

“You’re welcome. It’s not a promise but… I’ll try my best.”

“It’s okay, I still appreciate it.”

Finally he sighed, "Okay, I'll be leaving now. Thank you... Tomomi." and gave her a smile.

"Alright..and you're welcome, Daehyun." she nodded and showed a little smile at him.

"..Until we meet again?"

"..Until we meet again."

He walked back and they both nodded at each other, Daehyun left while Tomomi closed the door, they are kind of gratified having that small talk.

Tomomi definitely gained a new acquaintance, and she was happy about it. Daehyun is actually her first Korean acquaintance, that's why there's a tiny part of her still hoping for their meeting again, maybe after some time if possible. This one totally imprinted a very nice impression on her. Well, it’s not that different to have someone like him as a friend, she thought.The help he offered makes her want to see him soon. Not that she’s really expecting for that to happen, but who knows?

Daehyun however, was also happy meeting her. Tomomi wasn't the first Japanese girl he ever talked to like that, since they've been in Japan a few times already for their Japanese single promotions and tours, he sure met a lot of women from those times. But he was hoping to have a friend at least, and he exactly thought that she could be one. He’s actually quite serious about the future help he’s talking about, wishing it could be done someday.

Based on their first meeting, they'd pretty much have good first impressions on each other. He thinks she's lively, funny, talkative, quirky, bubbly, trustful and have a nice personality, but could be real serious when performing. While she thinks almost the same about him too.

"Who's that?" Mami asked her when she reached her table and looked at the closed door.

"Uh, that's Daehyun of B.A.P, from the boy group we competed with earlier. He's their main vocalist."

"Really?? Oh, I mean, what brought him here?"

"A simple favor. He wants us to write them a review of their album, or their first full length album rather."

"Ahh, that'll be fine..” she nodded, “What did you say?”

"Yeah, I accepted his favor, and I promised to give him that within this week."

"Within this week?That’s too fast! Are you sure about that?"

"Of course I am!" she widely smiled.

The blonde guitarist laughed, "What's with the huge smile?"

"..Eh? Nothing. Did I smiled? Well, it was involuntary. I can give him the review by this week whether you like it or not."

"Hey that's not fair! We’re all in this together!"

"Why, you seem to distrust me with your words."

"I didn't said that."

She sighed, "Either way, we're going to listen to it tomorrow. And I'll be the one to write in behalf of you all."

"Tomorrow already? You don't seem to be excited aren't you?"

"It's just that I want to do it quick, so I have nothing to do afterwards."

"Is that so?"

"That is."

"Still, I'm not convinced."

"Okay, right now I have no time to argue with you." then she went to the other side of the room.

That's the time when Mami burst out laughing. Usually, Tomomi always win in their little joking arguments, but this time it's safe to say that Mami did.

"Heeeeey come back heeeere." she said in a very humiliating way that will surely make you annoyed when you hear it.

She turned to face her co-member and smiled sarcastically, "What?"

Mami stood, put her hands on her waist and went for Tomomi's place, "Okay okay, let's listen to it tomorrow."

"Hmm, what made you change your mind?”

“I didn’t change my mind. I was just kind of surprised with your decision of doing it that quick.”

“Alright then! But really, what are you trying to point out?"

"Nothing? You're the ones giving meaning to my words though, not me!"

"Oh, it's me. Hehe. I guess it's me, I don't know." she laughed forcefully. "Besides," she continued, "I wanted to listen to a whole new music..and this is it!"

"Yeah!"

That moment, Haruna came inside the room.

"I met a member of B.A.P just right now, and he seems to come from here? Am I right?" the vocalist was indeed curious on what happened inside while she was away for a while.

"Yes, he actually talked to me." Tomomi replied.

"Talked to you?" she was confused, but smiled, "Is there any problem?"

"Don't worry, he just asked for a little favor. He wanted us to write a review for their first album, and I agreed on that."

She didn't believed it at first, "What favor?A review?"

"A review!"

Now it's clear, she heard it right- a review exactly, "Oh, that's great!"

"Yeah, so Mami and I already planned on listening to it by tomorrow, will you say come with us? So that I could write in behalf of you all. I've always wanted to do it, you see..teehee."

"I'm go for it!"

"Let's just inform Rina about this later, for sure she's going to join us." Mami said.

"Okay, maybe after a few minutes she's back here." Haruna said and Tomomi just nodded.

On B.A.P's room...

"Hey, the punk is here. We're looking for you!" Youngjae said when Daehyun entered their room.

"Hmm? For what?" he said while he went for his co-members, he seems like he’s clueless of what’s going on.

Jongup laughed, "For what? We're leaving!"

He put his left hand at the back of his head, "Oh, uh, sorry- to kept you all waiting."

Bang stood, "Pack your bags, we're setting off now."

"Where did you went by the way? You're gone for a while." Zelo questioned, looking curious.

"..I went for the CR, yeah.."

"CR for several minutes?"Himchan interrupted.

"Several minutes?I didn't know!" he laughed, "Maybe it's just that..you all missed me for a short time. That you thought that I’m gone for a while, when I’m really just in the CR. I guess my absence is a big deal huh?" he joked.

"Yeah, probably.." the maknae just shook his head and laughed.

When Zelo turned back, Youngjae went beside Daehyun and patted his shoulder hard, "What's happening to you bro?" he seemed to notice the uneasiness around his face that time.


He just laughed to avoid embarrassment, "I'm completely fine bro!"

"Then good. No problems?"

"Of course none!"

“Uhmm, I know this sounds gay but, if you have a problem, remember that the five of us will always be here, we’ve got your back Daehyun.”Youngjae said with concern for his mighty best friend.

“Glad you know that it sounds gay, but kidding aside, thank you for telling me that.”

He nodded, "Alright. Let's pack our bags."

"Sure."Daehyun said as he put his arm around his pal’s back and they went together to pack things up.

And they're all packing their stuff, preparing to leave the studio. As for SCANDAL, they're waiting for Rina to return and tell her about what they planned to do with her album prize.