Chapter One

Encounters, Partings

At first, there are no symptoms yet. Everything was perfectly normal, just like the usual everydays of her life. Tomomi Ogawa, the bassist of SCANDAL, is the most energetic and bubbliest member of the band. You always see her smile, and her childish behavior just drives her fanboys go crazy over her. Aside from that, her amazing skills as a female bassist will leave you in awe. The swift and accuracy of her fingers while holding any of her basses; one does not simply say that she’s just an ordinary bassist.

*Cough...cough* Tomomi has a cough for almost a week now, which makes her co-members and staff worried about her. Having a cough for a singer is not good.

“Are you drinking cold beverages lately?” Mami asked her, tapping her back while at the backstage, preparing for their guesting at a variety show along with a string of other artists.

“Don’t worry, this will end in a later day.” She answered and sighed, “And no, I’m not drinking cold liquids, you know I don’t.”

“Girls, be ready in three minutes!” one of the staff reminded them.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Rina questioned, giving her a frown.

Tomomi stood and said, “Of course I am!”

Then the four of them formed a circle, doing their ritual before doing a live performance.

They tapped each other’s backs hard, and set off for the show.

The audience greeted them with mixed scream and shouts, and then the host finally said, “Everyone, here’s SCANDAL!”

Lights off. Then Mami did the lead intro in one of their singles, “Kagen no Tsuki”. Followed by Haruna and Tomomi, and when Rina tapped her drums, that’s when the lights .

After a two minute performance and a quick commercial break, they went straight to their respective chairs facing the host, the audience, with a bunch of artists around them.

The host let them introduce themselves one by one, Haruna – Mami – Tomomi – Rina. She also asked how are they feeling, which Haruna replied, “We’re alright here, and the room’s quite cold.” and they all laughed.

And so the host finally switched her eyes towards this Korean boy group, which consists of six men, and asked them to introduce themselves too.

“I’m Bang Yong Guk”, “I’m Jung Dae Hyun”, “I’m Kim Him Chan”, “I’m Yoo Young Jae”, “I’m Moon Jong Up”, “I’m Zelo.”, and they all yelled, “And we’re B.A.P! Yes sir!”

That’s it- they’re B.A.P, or Best Absolute Perfect.

“Oh! Welcome to the show gentlemen! How are you feeling?” the host asked.

Daehyun, the lead vocalist, took the mic, “It’s our second time here in Japan, and it’s beautiful as always”, and looked at the direction of SCANDAL, particularly met the eyes of the bassist.

Tomomi smiled and nodded at the thought, and looked away.

He continued, "How I wish to live here, even for a month," and he looked up and sighed.

Bang, the leader of the group, added, "Yes, yes, I agree. Before the time we got old, we're going to live here and that's a goal."

The host then asked the other artists also the same question. After that, she looked to the audience and said , "We have six artists present today, now let's play a little game! Is that okay for everyone?"

As usual, it is the game that the show always does once a week, it's no surprise to them. Unfortunately, on that day, the girls were one of the guests who must play it. Well, it's not really a daredevil game- in fact, it's just one of those children's play, that is, Trip to Jerusalem.

The chairs were formed in a circle, seven chairs to be exact. The audience cheered for their idols, whilst the idols are getting ready.

Six bands/groups present at that moment. There are three Japanese bands and three Korean groups, all gathered in one variety show. As well as fans, only to support their favorites.

SCANDAL, Silent Siren, One OK Rock, B.A.P, A-pink, BTS.Different artists with different genres, eh? Let's see who will win in this little game.

The voices of the fans are echoing in the studio, fangirls and fanboys. "You can do it oppa!", "Make sure you don't lose!", "We will support you!", "Do your best please!" and other encouraging words coming from the supportive fans. These idols are indeed lucky to have fans like them, they're all very hyper!

But before that, only two groups are allowed to play in one round to minimize the lack of space and close intact (or probably even cheating) between the artists. So they had to pick, and here are the randomly picked results:

First round - Silent Siren vsBTS

Second round - One OK Rock vs A-pink

Third round - SCANDAL vs B.A.P

Everything's set. Everyone's ready and everyone's focused. The host then said, "On your mark, ready, set, go!"

A song by the Japanese girl group Perfume titled "Monochrome Effect" is being played. Silent Siren and BTS are dancing and moving on their own, circling the chairs in front of them. They're 11 in there, but the room has a huge space so they can pretty much handle it.

After a couple of minutes, Aina Yamauchi and JeonJungkookwon the first round.

Same mechanics for the second round, and after quite a few minutes, Takahiro Morita and Park Cho Rong won.

Last but not the least, it was the girls' turn, with B.A.P.

Haruna, Tomomi, Mami and Rina stood on the left side. While on the right side, Bang, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo there stood.

Both of the artists exchanged nods, as if to say, "Let's do this."

The same song then played, they're 10 in all circling around seven chairs. *STOP*

Eliminated: Haruna, Himchan, Bang

The music continues. 2 chairs were removed, so there are only 5 left. *STOP*

Eliminated: Tomomi, Daehyun

The music continues. 2 chairs were removed, so there are only 3 left. *STOP*

Eliminated: Mami, Youngjae

3 chairs left finally, who's going to win? 1 chair was removed, leaving only 2 chairs for the winners. *STOP*

Eliminated: Jongup

Winner: Rina Suzuki, Zelo

The fans cheered out loud, both clapping their hands and jumping out of joy. Rina and Zelo, considering to be the "maknaes" and the most popular members of both the groups, won. Smiles were painted on their faces, and they shook hands.

The other members behind then stood, approaching each other and shaking their hands. Nodding, smiling, saying "Congratulations!"- those simple interactions between the two bands were seen.

Daehyun approached the bassist's hand last, and Gods, he's pretty aware that it's weird but he felt her hands so smooth and soft for a musician who's carrying a huge instrument like she does.

Tomomi, however, felt that his hands were gripping hers. Awkward? Yes, of course. But she chose to shook back, and both of their hands were merged for at least a minute.

She then released first, saying "It's been a good trip, congratulations." with a wide smile on her face.

He smiled back and replied, "Congratulations, too. It was a nice play, I enjoyed it."

Then they parted ways, each joining and meeting their co-members.

The host will announce what are the prizes for the six winners of the game after the commercial break, so all of the idols went in the backstage, resting, adding some touch-ups on their well-cared faces and drinking water.

Rina's been excited for her prize, what could it be? Usually, the show gives prizes to their celebrity winners based on their theme for that day's episode. Well, today's theme is, genres of music? So probably she and the other winners' prizes might be something that has to do with music. Not really a bad idea after all.

On the other hand, Zelo was also excited about his prize, and he was being teased by his hyungs. The five of them were also curious what’s it going to be.

"Junhong, what did you ate today? You've almost beaten up Jongup just to sit on that chair!" Himchan said while laughing a little bit.

"He's probably eaten a lot of energy bars, aren't you?" Jongup said, shaking his head.

"Well, whatever the reason is, the girl, uhm, Rina? Yes, Rina has something to do with it!" Burst out Himchan again, mixed with the other hyungs' laughs.

“I kind of agree on that.”

“No, of course not!Jongup-hyung must be feeling weak today, that’s why I managed to beat him.” Zelo reasoned.

Jongup wasn’t feeling weak at all that time, that made him say, “But I’m not?”

“How I wish it’s a food! I’m really hungry.” Daehyun let out a sigh.

That's the time when Zelo was called, and Rina, too, to receive their prizes. The commercial break's done.